Edit troop equipment without starting a new game

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm sure this has been brought up before, but I'm yet to find a definitive answer. I'm also hoping that this is the right section to be posting in. Didn't seem appropriate for General Discussion.

Is it possible for me to edit the equipment of troops without starting a new game? I like to customize my own game into my personal mini-mod. I've made certain troops have better equipment, I've created my own faction, etc.

However, I've gotten bored with the way some of the troops look, and I want to change it up a little bit. Of course any changes I make require me to create a new game and I'd rather not have to re-conquer my little corner of the game world. I've read that for save games the information for troops is stored in the save file. My attempt to access the save file by using the save game editor (third party, of course) haven't gotten me anywhere. I was hoping to be able to edit the item IDs or something, but that doesn't seem possible.

So, can I edit the equipment and other aspects of my troops without having to start a brand new game?

It should be pretty easy to test, but iirc you can modify their equipment but changes to their stats (skills for example) will require a new game.

Unless changes to units' equipment is something that takes several in-game days to take effect, it doesn't look as though it's possible when using, say, Morgh's tool or the Unofficial M&B troop editor. Both of them edit the troops.txt which, when modified, makes no difference (as far as I can tell) to pre-existing saves.

Easiest way is to just set their equipment inside some script you call - make use of troop_add/remove_items, although you could clear off the inventory slots with
Code:
troop_clear_inventory
and the equipment slots with
Code:
troop_set_inventory_slot

Are you using the module system? If not, he's referring to stuff on it.
You will almost certainly need the module system if you're looking into making any mods that do more than just change single digits. I highly recommend you get it if you don't have it yet.

If you don't have it, here is a guide on how to install it: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,240255.0.html

Back
Top Bottom