[ECS3] Suggestions & Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Apollo said:
So you want to give referee's more rights?

No?..., referee would keep the exact same rights. It just makes it easier for the admins to communicate to referees. Where did you even get the 'more rights' part from?  :facepalm:

trot888 said:
I've mentioned it to Watly, but I'll say it here in-case people want to give out opinions or constructive criticism. There's a lack of communication between referees. Normally an admin would message referees individually; showing the date, which scrims aren't picked, which scrim are picked. There can be complications from this stage as some people may want to do the same one. Sometimes the admins will make a steam group which is easily ignored. I wanted to find a new way of referee's communicating to each other and make admin's life much easier.

I think the idea is so that they can have ' Persistent Equipment selection ', and spawn faster than people who do not have one. (not sure why you are bringing up Full Invasion Or merc mod?)

MaHuD said:
I think the idea is so that they can have ' Persistent Equipment selection ', and spawn faster than people who do not have one. (not sure why you are bringing up Full Invasion Or merc mod?)
Cheering, Ability to buy heraldic Armour and torches, custom polls, mirror polls, 'Buy the Pistol. (They all make it sound like mercs/fi2)

Also persistent equipment? I use different equipment nearly every time depending on drops etc....

Prince Apollo said:
Cheering, Ability to buy heraldic Armour and torches, custom polls, mirror polls, 'Buy the Pistol. (They all make it sound like mercs/fi2)
I believe these can be used only if the server is running Nirecotive as well.

Also persistent equipment? I use different equipment nearly every time depending on drops etc....
Basically it helps with the first spawn. Instead of having to pick the equipment, they're already pre-selected.

It saves the equipment so you dont have to spam click and accidentally buy the wrong items, ask for a restart and waste more time before a match starts. The time it takes to spawn in is so minuscule it has no impact on any tactics.

Shouldn't be allowed in my opinion because it gives an advantage (even bigger advantage then pink javs imo)

I think it should be allowed for the following reason: The 'persistent equipment' feature was added to make the game more comfortable when being on public servers. Originally it had nothing to do with giving an advantage or spawning faster. It's just annoying to have to chose the same equipment all the time again and again. Meanwhile the code is public and many other mods and admin mods implemented the function. It once had only very little impact on the game play in matches since the round time was much longer and especially since it never got used by an entire team, at least I've never watched it. Now the round time is much shorter and the advantage by spawning faster is much higher. But actually fast equipment clicking shouldn't have an impact on the match either. It's not exactly a skill. Actually both teams should choose their equipment and when both teams are ready the round starts. Atm the team which puts on the sport dress fastest gets an advantage. This isn't perfect either. The main reason to allow it is that it's spread and widely used in the community anyway. Many players are using admin mods which include this function and just play on some server to warm up before they join a match. Ofc it would be no problem to change the mod before they join a match. Wouldn't be a problem for me. But in the end people often just forget it, they don't think of it, they might spawn faster in round 1 without even noticing it as advantage. On the other hand if one uses it and just waits 5 seconds they actually kinda 'cheated' and nobody will ever find out. It would be easier just to allow it, maybe even to implement the function to the ECS mod and people would just spawn in round 1 as they do in round 2... after map restart the equipment choices are saved, remembered and that's already it. There's no impact on the fighting.

The roughly 5-10 seconds advantage the mod gives can be a huge advantage. It can easily be the deciding factor in being able to put your rangers into good positions to support your infantry should both you and your opponent decide to be aggressive, or for your cavalry to reach the enemy in the open should you decide to go all-cav and attack the enemy right away.

ryozu said:
The roughly 5-10 seconds advantage the mod gives can be a huge advantage. It can easily be the deciding factor in being able to put your rangers into good positions to support your infantry should both you and your opponent decide to be aggressive, or for your cavalry to reach the enemy in the open should you decide to go all-cav and attack the enemy right away.
Yes, exactly, that's the problem. It would be like in round 2, 3,... and if it's only used by one team it would be a big advantage already in round 1. That's why I think it would be easier to allow it. I never saw an entire team using it. But I often watch players of actually all clans who seem to use it. So if it should be forbidden (which is alright too) I ask myself how to find out since there's nothing pink.
Alene said:
The speed advantage could be nullified with server side mod that would delay the spawn from everyone.
Perfect idea! It would also improve round 1 since atm the first round is in fact shorter than later rounds

Alene said:
The speed advantage could be nullified with server side mod that would delay the spawn from everyone.
Would be a good idea to do this. I never understood why choosing your equipment count within the round time of the first round in a match. I mean a football match doesn't include putting on your shoes and jersey either.
I think if this tournament wants to provide a real innovation to the Warband competitive scene the persistent item selection should be included in the ECS Mod and a server side function should be implemented to guarantee that all players spawn at the same time.

Or just practice your buying?, if the idiot can't pick the right equipment *insert Fietta spear joke here* then they shouldn't be playing the game. Good players spend time picking their equipment wisely and fast..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom