[ECS3] Suggestions & Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 180 seconds change is a pain for us archers especially on open maps... We  just get to our position and then we start running to wherever the flag spawns... On 3 rounds I didnt even get to shoot before the flag spawned. Might aswell gamble on a flag location now and win before the enemy even gets there.

Greedalicious said:
The 180 seconds change is a pain for us archers especially on open maps... We  just get to our position and then we start running to wherever the flag spawns... On 3 rounds I didnt even get to shoot before the flag spawned. Might aswell gamble on a flag location now and win before the enemy even gets there.

River Village and Field by the River is pretty broken with this round time, there are strategies that are more or less unstoppable unless you can read the future. Once the team with those positions are putting flag pressure it's too late.

I'm sure it's a hastle but on closed 180 seconds is fine and maybe bump it to 210 on open? Having 1 minute to prepare on closed maps are fine but if you're in the wrong position (let's say by windmill in river village and the flag spawns in village) then one team would be extremely punished and if both teams are on the opposite side of the map from the flag then it's basically a cav duel for 'who can dismount on flag the fastest' with 180 seconds.

trot888 said:
I'm sure it's a hastle but on closed 180 seconds is fine and maybe bump it to 210 on open? Having 1 minute to prepare on closed maps are fine but if you're in the wrong position (let's say by windmill in river village and the flag spawns in village) then one team would be extremely punished and if both teams are on the opposite side of the map from the flag then it's basically a cav duel for 'who can dismount on flag the fastest' with 180 seconds.
+1
Different round times for open and closed maps would be a good thing!

Shemaforash said:
River Village and Field by the River is pretty broken with this round time, there are strategies that are more or less unstoppable unless you can read the future. Once the team with those positions are putting flag pressure it's too late.

180 is enough time to get positions and the flag spawns a couple seconds later its pretty exciting xd

Prince Apollo said:
Shemaforash said:

180 is enough time to get positions and the flag spawns a couple seconds later its pretty exciting xd
You must be new at this.

I've mentioned it to Watly, but I'll say it here in-case people want to give out opinions or constructive criticism. There's a lack of communication between referees. Normally an admin would message referees individually; showing the date, which scrims aren't picked, which scrim are picked. There can be complications from this stage as some people may want to do the same one. Sometimes the admins will make a steam group which is easily ignored. I wanted to find a new way of referee's communicating to each other and make admin's life much easier. I found a solution which would be to create a thread and the example is below (Can easily be changed and altered, was just a prototype). On this thread, the referee's should be able to make an application on which server they'd want to referee, this just keeps things to a neat and professional standard. Referee's should also post the match's results here and discuss potential cheaters etc. This is just an idea I created, since communicating with referee's are extremely hard.

STAGE ONE

QUALIFIERS  GROUP  A

5620582193_07207bc789_o.png
MatchPE vs KOA
Server
Date
Referee
MatchTHD vs K