[ECS3] Suggestions & Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
you cant just remove played maps because you deem them unsuitable :grin:  (and being banned a lot clearly means it isnt played a lot)

of 28 maps picked 13 of those were made up by 2 maps only. Thats not an even split :razz:

Not being able to ban the same maps twice in a row might be interesting or saving the picks for the knockout stage as well but it does get a bit stale when every match pretty much has veloran or naval outpost

edit* also where ist change log :grin:

The issue isn't even that it's just the bad or irrelevant maps that get banned out, in a good map pool we should have a good selection of maps anyway (and now that FBTR is in there we do). Look at Sandi, it's like 3rd most banned in Greed's list and that's one of the best competitive closed maps, but it'll get banned constantly because there's always going to be one team not as confident in their infantry, but at the same time it's the kind of map you can win some cheeky rounds on so the more safe and confident team will ban it often too. The 'most picked' maps are actually just compromise maps after all of the "we can't be assed playing on this map/we're too scared to play on this map/we don't want to face our opponent on this map" bans go through.

That's why the most-picked maps always end up being the somewhat mixed variety - Castellum, Naval, Mountain Fortress, Verloren. Not closed enough to mean you can play your 2-3 cav, not open enough that you have to worry about 5-6 cav. It doesn't challenge anyone, and that's not competitive.

_Osiris_ said:
you cant just remove played maps because you deem them unsuitable :grin:  (and being banned a lot clearly means it isnt played a lot)
Actually I can, so can the tournament organizers because as you can see they were removed from the next tournament.So actually thats literally what happened.

thats like removing all previous results from relegated football teams because they dont belong in that league ^^

anyway it sure would be nice to know what these stat changes will be before you know actually playing :razz:

OurGloriousLeader said:
Doesn't really matter for the first week, as long as it's consistent going forward.
It does matter.

We were kind enough to re-do the pick/ban because our enemy wasn't there during the pick/ban. Obviously, they returned the kindness by just banning the map we picked (Naval Outpost) straight away. So yes, we got screwed during the only pick/ban left in the tournament. I would much rather just randomize everything, if we're talking about consistency, it is much more fair.

Arch3r said:
OurGloriousLeader said:
Doesn't really matter for the first week, as long as it's consistent going forward.
It does matter.

We were kind enough to re-do the pick/ban because our enemy wasn't there during the pick/ban. Obviously, they returned the kindness by just banning the map we picked (Naval Outpost) straight away. So yes, we got screwed during the only pick/ban left in the tournament. I would much rather just randomize everything, if we're talking about consistency, it is much more fair.

Thats brutal lol.

_Osiris_ said:
Arch3r said:
OurGloriousLeader said:
It does matter.

Thats brutal lol.
Yep. Can't say we didn't expect it, but this match being the ONLY match that has a pick/ban is kind of an extra slap in our face, while we were just trying to be nice guys.

Arch3r said:

Ouch lol, that really sucks. But overall the issue the randomising is preventing the same maps being played over and over with teams avoiding maps that challenge them. One week with map picks doesn't really affect that.

I guess what you're really saying is you got screwed over, which I sympathise with. Moral is never be nice.

Colonel Horyse said:
You've made me very upset today for postponing it - its ******** annoying finding out 10 minutes before the match - everything was fine and you gotta go do this you bunch of fkin vagitarians

maybe read the forums once in a while :p your own fault for only finding out now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom