[ECS3] Suggestions & Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
yourNotAlone said:
some members of this community just love jerking off to drama. the ability to create drama out of nothing amazes me

anyway, i hope you keep going tardet, i'm a big fan of trying out something new that could improve the whole scene and i'm glad there's at least one competent tournament admin to take these steps

I could not agree more after reading this thread.... I mean come on guys this is bs. Why don't we all just let the admins do their jobs and stop complaining about it.

To get it out there, I am in no position to take this tournament forward as a head admin. I accepted Tardet's invitation to the admin team on the basis that I had little time and the extent of my functions would be decision making when needed and contributing to admin discussions. I would happily help out as best as I can under another head admin but I do not have the time to take the position myself.

To set out my views on the current situation:

- I do think that 2 maps are better than 3.
- I think that 180 seconds is superior to 210 - on even the most open maps I can look at my timer and see that the countdown has just hit 2:59 by the time I'm just hitting walls and running around in circles. There is no map that I can think of that would require a minute and a half of preparation before the flag spawned.
- I think that a league tournament would have been more suitable for the scene at the moment
- I would have liked to have seen Azan's server-side rebalancing mod used in the tournament

trot888 said:
Tardet is strange, almost two faced. There's not a lot of people who enjoy being a referee and despite what I type on the forums I do actually strangely enjoy helping out. Tardet is a guy who holds an ancient grudge, there's no doubt about that. I thought I'd be nice and volunteer as a referee (Since I'm not playing in the ECS). Tardet and I have a pretty hateful relationship, but he seemed to use personal reasons to his advantage elsewhere (Here). I'm not being mean but If tardet was ever admin and I volunteered to help, he'd always turn us down for personal reasons (this goes the same for everyone Tardet dislikes). I truly couldn't care about tardet being an admin, never would say he does a bad job... I only just wanted to help QQ. I'd have never brought this up but since people are b****ing anyways I just thought I'd join in.

Tardet:
+ Decent Admin
+ Nice enough guy

- Holds grudges
- Uses personal reasons for advantage
- Makes some terrible decisions

Don't agree with everything Tardet has said or done but I don't really understand what 'advantage' he's gained by volunteering to do the difficult job of running a tournament for us ungrateful ****s. Only grudge held here seems by you.

OurGloriousLeader said:
trot888 said:
Tardet is strange, almost two faced. There's not a lot of people who enjoy being a referee and despite what I type on the forums I do actually strangely enjoy helping out. Tardet is a guy who holds an ancient grudge, there's no doubt about that. I thought I'd be nice and volunteer as a referee (Since I'm not playing in the ECS). Tardet and I have a pretty hateful relationship, but he seemed to use personal reasons to his advantage elsewhere (Here). I'm not being mean but If tardet was ever admin and I volunteered to help, he'd always turn us down for personal reasons (this goes the same for everyone Tardet dislikes). I truly couldn't care about tardet being an admin, never would say he does a bad job... I only just wanted to help QQ. I'd have never brought this up but since people are b****ing anyways I just thought I'd join in.

Tardet:
+ Decent Admin
+ Nice enough guy

- Holds grudges
- Uses personal reasons for advantage
- Makes some terrible decisions

Don't agree with everything Tardet has said or done but I don't really understand what 'advantage' he's gained by volunteering to do the difficult job of running a tournament for us ungrateful ****s. Only grudge held here seems by you.

Grudge, no. I've never held grudges. As I also said he does fine as admin. I'm trying to help out by being a referee which people find ******** ****. He's saying no for me volunteering, he's too personal.

Silvernj said:
Why would he accept the guy he hates and can't work with in his admin team? I mean, that's the common way in the realm of real life.

Stupid comment. Referees have barely anything to do with the administrating team. Why would I 'work with Tardet' when being a referee is independent apart from being told what to ref. I bid you farewell. I'm happy enough being told what to do by Tardet as there's nothing that I could even say no to.

All I'm saying is that I'm not allowed to have a job that everyone does either nothing or refuses to be.

Broomstick said:
This community.. :facepalm:

Despite the drama it's quite clear the community wants another tournament - so is this one going to be declared dead for another team to step in? or are the admin team looking to continue with ECS3 (with whatever changes are necessary) by vetting a new head admin?

I'm currently discussing with BlackTide what the possibilities are.

@Zoyka, yeah, let's do this tournament without admins, because that'll work!

trot888 said:
Tardet, if you can't handle the heat get the **** out of the kitchen.

Do you really think he deserves that?

I have a bit altered version of that proverb for you. It goes like this: "If you can't behave, stay out of the forums". Not the lack of the f-word, it doesn't belong in the original version either.

The altered version apply to the rest of us forumites just as well. I'll be actively monitoring this thread from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom