[ECS3] Suggestions & Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
it would be nice to test it without the fence. It would allow easier cav push but still controled by the hill and also infantry push from both side.

River village is good as it is, You can push the windmill flag well from both sides if you wish. Who goes up the hill on a horse? You go round the side or up from behind.

NEVER GO UP A HILL ON HORSE OK OK :party: :party:

Should clarify that I didn't mean that flag on river village is too hard to attack, just that the ways of attacking it are pretty limited due to its proximity to the corner of the map.

Prince Apollo said:
River village is good as it is, You can push the windmill flag well from both sides if you wish. Who goes up the hill on a horse? You go round the side or up from behind.

Its not about riding up the hill, but getting stopped by the fence... I think removing the fence would be a really good idea:smile:

Prince Apollo said:

I only meant inf push from both side. The cav could still come from -
one way and would not get stuck in the fence but would still be hold by the hill if they go too far :smile:

Once is enough Apollo, don't push it.

I don't mind a little bit of banter sometimes, but it's not the place for it, and you guys don't know when to stop. So please, as Fabio asked, keep your posts on topic, so we don't have to go through 3 pages of spam to catch one or two valid stuff.

Colonel Horyse said:
seriously when do groups/matches get posted I thought it was tonight -_-

As you may have noticed, we don't have 16 teams yet for the qualifier stage just yet. I'm gonna try to find 4 teams left (cause Nebula Brigade disbanded). I've maybe one on spot, still need 3 more so if you guys have some contacts, feel free to contact them and speak to them about the ECS.

Otherwise the qualifer stage might look a bit weird for some group.

Not all the map overview pictures in the Map Information stickied thread seem to work for me, is this a problem that more people have, and if so could it be fixed?

Colonel Horyse said:
BlackTide said:
Thank you all for your comments and suggestions on the tournament format and invitations.

The admins recognise that some teams in the qualifying stages feel as though the teams they are facing should have been invited. Whilst they may feel this way, it was not known to us at the time the invitations were being sent out that these teams would participate. There was no confirmation from either PUB or DRNGD that they would be participating in the tournament until they entered their teams on the day. We can only deal with the tools and information that we have.

The invitations were sent out on the basis of past performances and current activity. There is very little for the admins to consider when a team has not existed before and when we were only made aware of its existence at the end of the sign up period. In past tournaments, new teams made up of well-respected players were not given special preference: AE started in the bottom division of their first tournament, KURWA went through the qualifiers of the first ECS as did Nameless.

We think that this is a sound precedent. Teams are more than the sum of their parts, a team with good players does not necessarily make a good team – the performance many Nations Cup Teams and ‘all star’ teams show this. It also reinforces a sense of continuity in the community if players know that continually forming and disbanding teams will not lead to them having special privilege in tournaments.

It is important to remember that the ECS is designed to be a high level competition with the best teams thrown into an intense knockout round stage. Its invitational format is inherent elitist and ECS has always been run with that in mind. Concerns about those teams in the qualifying stages being knocked out early have no bearing on the end result of the tournament or its mission statement, the best team will win and all teams in the qualifying stages have the opportunity to go on and win the tournament. To put it bluntly, if a team gets beaten and knocked out then it’s tough luck.

In the interests of inclusion, we will be looking at an ECL style tournament for those teams that do not make the full knockout stage. In addition, the next WNL style tournament will be more sensitive than the ECS to those mid-tier teams as has always been the case.

We have no intention of redesigning the tournament format.

We will be carrying out a final review of the map pool, with small changes in mind. Anyone wishing to put forward a map for inclusion should contact one of the admins quickly.

We're gonna have a kick ass tournament.

Sorry - I've read this a bit too late - how can you say, 'AE started in the bottom division of their first tournament, KURWA went through the qualifiers of the first ECS as did Nameless.' to teams like mine and others in the qualifying stages that being in a group with either DGNR or PUB is tough luck when both these teams aren't going to stay together like KURWA, Nameless or AE - they're just teams full of merc's or friends which are going to disband after the tournament is over...?

If this is true, then they are more deserving to go through the qualifier than you think.

Colonel Horyse said:
... because of some nerd-fuelled team run by a fat scot??!
Well you know bro, it's a choice - either be a nerd and play in sick tournaments, or be a cool kid and lose at videogames. Life is unfair, sorry mate.

Well, I guess Tardet explained already why Pub wasn't invited and asking already invited teams to sign to qual's because better team appeared would not only be impolite, but also controversial for groups have already been chosen. There is no use in crying over spilt milk, it won't make things better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom