Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tardet

French Toast
Count
FyQeT7i.png

SUGGESTIONS  &  QUESTIONS

Feel free to post your suggestions, ideas and questions regarding the European Championship Series here!

Hmm, it's sad this discussion hasn't taken place a bit earlier...
People are arguing about Unity and Wonwokie being top tier clans, but now teams which are (no offense) way lower ranked got invited into the Eorpean Championchip Series... That doesnt really make any sence at all to me. I'm not from the old days, but I can imagine when Scar and Deacon started organising the ECS they checked out the scences clans and made the format fitting the scene. But we're not back in the days. The scene has changed.
It would have been enough to invite 6-8 clans and leave the rest open for qualifiers...
I can understand that some teams wont really have any fun competing if they don't even have a chance to pass the qualifiers..
Anyway, it's sad this discussion hasn't happend earlier, although I think if some of the invited teams (not kurwa and stuff, but the lower ranked ones) showed balls and agreed to actually participate in the qualifiers, this would make things easy enough to still fix this issue...

So I would suggest to think about this next time, anything like the ECS is going to take place (in bannerlords) or wherever...

Got it Magnus. I must admit I just took the invitational format which we had in the previous editions without thinking about if it was the best one due to the current scene. Definetly something I will try to think about for the next editions.

However to answer a part of your post, finishing 3rd and 4th in a major is a huge accomplishement for any team, especially young ones such as Wonwokies or Unity so I'd definetly grant you the title of "tier 1" team without any doubt. I don't think that really was the matter at stake here though. :smile:

I still don't understand the drama... How can a team that has been inactive for month and only signed up the last week before the tournament start imagine that they could be invited? Or even complain about strong teams being in the qualifiers while they certainly were the best team in the qualifier before these same teams signs up...

Tardet invited the best teams that were actives when he started the tournament that's all...

Imagine CoR saying "Hey man, it's unfair that we have not been invited and have to go through the qualifier bouhouhou eventhou we have been inactive for 1-2 years bouhouhou  :cry:"
This is something Tardet could not predict.

I guess funniest thing is that Wolfpack had not complained about the format when they joined the tournament but suddently disagree with it when they see their chances diminishing :grin:

Keller said:
I still don't understand the drama... How can a team that has been inactive for month and only signed up the last week before the tournament start imagine that they could be invited? Or even complain about strong teams being in the qualifiers while they certainly were the best team in the qualifier before these same teams signs up...

Tardet invited the best teams that were actives when he started the tournament that's all...

Imagine CoR saying "Hey man, it's unfair that we have not been invited and have to go through the qualifier bouhouhou eventhou we have been inactive for 1-2 years bouhouhou  :cry:"
This is something Tardet could not predict.

I guess funniest thing is that Wolfpack had not complained about the format when they joined the tournament but suddently disagree with it when they see their chances diminishing :grin:
You dont know what I complained about, ask your friend. I`ve been talking about this to the admins in private, per their request, I have nothing to hide, I can say I was very clear with my opinion on the tournament from the beginning. As far as I know this was before the invites were sent out, so whether we were invited or not is irrelevant. Wolfpack isnt ultra competitive, if we dont advance through the group stage, oh well. If we do, cool. If you think im butthurt because we didnt get an invite to the cool kids club, you have way too high an opinion of yourself xD

The critique i have to the tournament is that its an invitational, because it doesnt work in a community like warband because its so inconsistant.

Weren't all the ECS tournaments invitanional? I dont think that was a problem before, and I think the only reason it's a somewhat a problem now is AE splitting and two strong teams forming in the last days which Tardet didnt properly know about. I don't know how much of time he put into that, but as far as I remember Scar and Deacon were very well aware of what was happening with teams in their tournaments. Even I had them asking me if I know some team is playing, or if I heard of some new teams forming etc. So I think they were actually just going around asking people. But like I said the situation is quite exceptional due to AE splitting

imemine said:
Keller said:
I still don't understand the drama...
If you don't understand the drama I suggest not to contribute to it.

I don't know why you are complaining since it's the 3rd edition and it has always worked on invitation.****

Is it  better?

How can you say that it is not working with a community like warband? We have had 2 edition of ECS till now and they both worked perfectly; good streams with viewers, different champions, enought teams,...
And followed by a WNL with a lot of teams too.
We can't really do a tournament like the WNL at this time simply because we dont really have the time. Students will have exams in may/june. This ECS should finish around this time already, so imagine with a WNL format the tournament would have to run during the holidays...
That's why this format is the best for the time we got :smile:

ECS has been always invitational but the best teams were only invited. This time half of the teams those are invited are the bests without any doubt. But the other half isn't. I'm saying half/half but the numbers can changed considering your opinions. I mean, it might be seen 10/12 teams are the bests and the other 2 isnt to someone else. But the problem is there will always be at least those 2 teams that aren't good enough to have an invitation while there are better teams will compete in the qualifiers. What creates the problem is this.

Teams those didn't get an invitation will compete in the qualifiers. And only 4 teams those finished first in their groups will be able to go on. But DGNR and Pub are formed by top-tier players, they have much more potential than some of the invited teams and all of the other teams signed upfor the qualifiers. Tardet is right about something here saying that they weren't signed up yet, when he already invited Fearless and Tq to replace 2 drops.

Now DGNR and Pub will compete in the qualifiers and they most probably will finish at top of the groups and carry on their way to the group stages. People are suggesting things about tournament format which will be more fair, and in my opinion these 2 team should be replaced by 2 teams from the invited teams.

I should have say that I'm happy about that EV, Unity, Wonwokie, KURWA, Freelancers and IG are invited. Because they're the best without doubt. FTW and BRO deserve places too, because FTW was in the top in WNL5 for a long time and they had good scores although they replaced most of their players they're still good enough to compete at least in the group stage. BRO finished in top 4 in the ECL. Since Malta, FF and The Turks are not exist anymore they should have given that place which Tardet already granted.

I apoligize because this might sound a little bit salty, but the rest of those teams aren't good enough and if they compete in the qualifiers except for Tq, they will probably wont have a chance to finish their groups at top. Although Tq is quite new they've been practicing a lot for a long time. But this definetly doesn't mean they'll finish at top in their groups, but they will compete hard enough to have a strong chance to qualify.

So maybe you can consider this idea Tardet and people can write about their opininons;

EV, Unity, Wonwokie, KURWA, F, IG, FTW, BRO, DGNR and Pub will be the invited (10)teams. Then you can seperate rest of the teams into 3 groups each are formed by 6 teams and the best 2 teams from each group will qualify into the group stages. Or you can make 6 groups each are formed by 3 teams and the top teams can qualify for the group stage. But the second idea sounds a little bit more unfair to me and will sound unfair to much I think. For the time limitation, teams can play 2 matches in a week. One match in Wednesday and the other in Sunday. So the qualifier stage will last 3 weeks as you were planning. Matches will be in the old 2 maps format, to make it quicker, because best of 3 maps system were tried out before in a Turkish league and it lasts a little bit more longer considering the drops and the tactics are talked for each map. But the match fixture and maps (and factions) should have been decided before the qualifiers, so teams will be able to know who they'll face in which maps and factions.

This is my opinion. :smile:

No offense to IG, FTW(disbanded) and BRO but they are not strong enough to compete with the top teams right now either in my opinion.
As Tardet said: There will allways be ppl unhappy about who got invited and who not.

Tardet said:
To conclude, even though I can understand your complain about the format, I won't change it. I have way too many things to care about to make my job even more complicated for something I don't judge being worth it.
So I think talking about this anymore doesn't make sense. I hope the admins of future Mount&Blade(warband/bannerlord) tournaments will take some of these things suggested into their consideration. But for now, I'm sure this tournament will still be great with epic matches, the format doesn't prevent that.

Kragen said:
No offense to IG, FTW(disbanded) and BRO but they are not strong enough to compete with the top teams right now either in my opinion.
As Tardet said: There will allways be ppl unhappy about who got invited and who not.

to be honest there are only 5 teams that will get very far anyway out of the invited teams

Evolution
Unity
Defender of Wonwokie
Knight Unicorns And Retarded Warrior Assassins
Freelancers

will do well the rest are invited to make up the numbers, IG Bro DoF TQ none are top tier so your point is moot :razz: This is not a WNL we dont want nearly every team in a qualifier round making the tournament 7-8 weeks long. 

Agnicourt season 2.
As Primi said its best to discuss these things before a tounament because once its over people only remember the good parts. There was so much discussion in the last ECS about Agnicourt, and some of the other teams aswell being invited, and the admin team got hate for it. Shouldnt that be an indication it doesnt really work?

And would the time be that different? The tournament will start next week right? Well for qualifiers, that`ll last 3 weeks, so May will be starting, then 3 weeks of group stage, May is almost over, Quarter final, Semi final, Final, 3 more weeks. I would also suggest there be a week of break for qualifying teams to catch their breath before the main tournament starts. Even if that doesnt happen thats 9 weeks of tournament, while the WNL division system (which is in my opinion the best system we can use) was every team has to fight eachother, in 8 team groups (ish) so thats about 7 weeks, can even have a team advance for the next one in that time and still have it fairly the same time as this. I obviously dont expect that to happen now.... but I think thats a better system.

If you`re basing success on the fact that there were streams and people did watch them, and on the basis that a team did in fact win, then yes you`re right it was a perfect tournament xD Naturally it`ll work out, dictatorship works too, doesnt mean its what you aim to do.
Obviously nobody expected Tardet to forsee the AE split into different teams, but they did and I think this system especially is hurt by it.

Keller said:
imemine said:
Keller said:
I still don't understand the drama...
If you don't understand the drama I suggest not to contribute to it.

I don't know why you are complaining since it's the 3rd edition and it has always worked on invitation.****
Actually she wasnt complaining at all, I was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom