• Please note that we've updated the Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord save file system which requires you to take certain steps in order for your save files to be compatible with e1.7.1 and any later updates. You can find the instructions here.

[ECS3] Suggestions & Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaHuD

Section Moderator
WBM&BNWWF&SVC
Not all the map overview pictures in the Map Information stickied thread seem to work for me, is this a problem that more people have, and if so could it be fixed?
 

xxbunglexx1

Banned
BlackTide said:
Thank you all for your comments and suggestions on the tournament format and invitations.

The admins recognise that some teams in the qualifying stages feel as though the teams they are facing should have been invited. Whilst they may feel this way, it was not known to us at the time the invitations were being sent out that these teams would participate. There was no confirmation from either PUB or DRNGD that they would be participating in the tournament until they entered their teams on the day. We can only deal with the tools and information that we have.

The invitations were sent out on the basis of past performances and current activity. There is very little for the admins to consider when a team has not existed before and when we were only made aware of its existence at the end of the sign up period. In past tournaments, new teams made up of well-respected players were not given special preference: AE started in the bottom division of their first tournament, KURWA went through the qualifiers of the first ECS as did Nameless.

We think that this is a sound precedent. Teams are more than the sum of their parts, a team with good players does not necessarily make a good team – the performance many Nations Cup Teams and ‘all star’ teams show this. It also reinforces a sense of continuity in the community if players know that continually forming and disbanding teams will not lead to them having special privilege in tournaments.

It is important to remember that the ECS is designed to be a high level competition with the best teams thrown into an intense knockout round stage. Its invitational format is inherent elitist and ECS has always been run with that in mind. Concerns about those teams in the qualifying stages being knocked out early have no bearing on the end result of the tournament or its mission statement, the best team will win and all teams in the qualifying stages have the opportunity to go on and win the tournament. To put it bluntly, if a team gets beaten and knocked out then it’s tough luck.

In the interests of inclusion, we will be looking at an ECL style tournament for those teams that do not make the full knockout stage. In addition, the next WNL style tournament will be more sensitive than the ECS to those mid-tier teams as has always been the case.

We have no intention of redesigning the tournament format.

We will be carrying out a final review of the map pool, with small changes in mind. Anyone wishing to put forward a map for inclusion should contact one of the admins quickly.

We're gonna have a kick ass tournament.

Sorry - I've read this a bit too late - how can you say, 'AE started in the bottom division of their first tournament, KURWA went through the qualifiers of the first ECS as did Nameless.' to teams like mine and others in the qualifying stages that being in a group with either DGNR or PUB is tough luck when both these teams aren't going to stay together like KURWA, Nameless or AE - they're just teams full of merc's or friends which are going to disband after the tournament is over...?

I know this is 'past beef' but it does seem a tad ridiculous that Kattegat/THD/KoA are going to have to fight a clan full of people who try-hard and eat teams like ours for breakfast? They should've been invited and I wish I had come to this realisation earlier because the guys in K have been looking forward to the ECS for a while including me now to realise we have no chance of qualifying because of some nerd-fuelled team run by a fat scot??!
 

Shemaforash

Marquis
WB
Colonel Horyse said:
BlackTide said:
Thank you all for your comments and suggestions on the tournament format and invitations.

The admins recognise that some teams in the qualifying stages feel as though the teams they are facing should have been invited. Whilst they may feel this way, it was not known to us at the time the invitations were being sent out that these teams would participate. There was no confirmation from either PUB or DRNGD that they would be participating in the tournament until they entered their teams on the day. We can only deal with the tools and information that we have.

The invitations were sent out on the basis of past performances and current activity. There is very little for the admins to consider when a team has not existed before and when we were only made aware of its existence at the end of the sign up period. In past tournaments, new teams made up of well-respected players were not given special preference: AE started in the bottom division of their first tournament, KURWA went through the qualifiers of the first ECS as did Nameless.

We think that this is a sound precedent. Teams are more than the sum of their parts, a team with good players does not necessarily make a good team – the performance many Nations Cup Teams and ‘all star’ teams show this. It also reinforces a sense of continuity in the community if players know that continually forming and disbanding teams will not lead to them having special privilege in tournaments.

It is important to remember that the ECS is designed to be a high level competition with the best teams thrown into an intense knockout round stage. Its invitational format is inherent elitist and ECS has always been run with that in mind. Concerns about those teams in the qualifying stages being knocked out early have no bearing on the end result of the tournament or its mission statement, the best team will win and all teams in the qualifying stages have the opportunity to go on and win the tournament. To put it bluntly, if a team gets beaten and knocked out then it’s tough luck.

In the interests of inclusion, we will be looking at an ECL style tournament for those teams that do not make the full knockout stage. In addition, the next WNL style tournament will be more sensitive than the ECS to those mid-tier teams as has always been the case.

We have no intention of redesigning the tournament format.

We will be carrying out a final review of the map pool, with small changes in mind. Anyone wishing to put forward a map for inclusion should contact one of the admins quickly.

We're gonna have a kick ass tournament.

Sorry - I've read this a bit too late - how can you say, 'AE started in the bottom division of their first tournament, KURWA went through the qualifiers of the first ECS as did Nameless.' to teams like mine and others in the qualifying stages that being in a group with either DGNR or PUB is tough luck when both these teams aren't going to stay together like KURWA, Nameless or AE - they're just teams full of merc's or friends which are going to disband after the tournament is over...?

If this is true, then they are more deserving to go through the qualifier than you think.
 

Scar

Prussian Immortal
Marquis
Colonel Horyse said:
... because of some nerd-fuelled team run by a fat scot??!
Well you know bro, it's a choice - either be a nerd and play in sick tournaments, or be a cool kid and lose at videogames. Life is unfair, sorry mate.
 

lllew

Knight at Arms
WB
Well, I guess Tardet explained already why Pub wasn't invited and asking already invited teams to sign to qual's because better team appeared would not only be impolite, but also controversial for groups have already been chosen. There is no use in crying over spilt milk, it won't make things better.
 

Guaccmoleboy

On probation
Could it be possible hosting something similar to NCB for the newer clans, such at Kattegat, that get stuck in these unfortunate situations? Might be fun.
 

MaHuD

Section Moderator
WBM&BNWWF&SVC
I find your wording  poor, but I agree its weird to see 3 clans that are no so good with 1 that is likely going to win.
Would have been more fun for them to fight each other.
But regardless there is no perfect solution.
@Guac,
Could always host it yourself. :wink:
 

xxbunglexx1

Banned
Scar said:
Colonel Horyse said:
... because of some nerd-fuelled team run by a fat scot??!
Well you know bro, it's a choice - either be a nerd and play in sick tournaments, or be a cool kid and lose at videogames. Life is unfair, sorry mate.

I don't agree with you, I'd rather spend a few hours a week and get laid every sunday then whack it out 4 hours a day and then wank in to a sock to put me to bed :grin:D
 

Scar

Prussian Immortal
Marquis
Colonel Horyse said:
I don't agree with you, I'd rather spend a few hours a week and get laid every sunday then whack it out 4 hours a day and then wank in to a sock to put me to bed :grin:D
Sure, Sköl the viking, or was it Easy-G?
 

LEGION_Sil

Knight at Arms
Prince Apollo said:
When will first matches of the qualifiers be played ?
We should really start games next wk end to avoid the tournament getting f*** ending last week of june, when everyone will be having mojitos at beach / exams instead of playing warband  :smile:

[/
3420915063_9221cfda92.jpg
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom