Status
Not open for further replies.

ImB_Smiley

why no desolation valley ?
why does everyone hate it..
its a nice map :grin:

Lord Rich

Grandmaster Knight
With some slightly modified flag spawns I would have liked to see the version of ravens nest that is on IG. Mainly just need to guarantee the flags aren't too close to the wall or tower so they become too dominant.

River village is ok, but I think the windmill flag spawn is very awkward, it's unusual for an open map flag to be stuffed in the corner like that as it heavily limits approach routes. Reminds me somewhat of graveyard on fort of honour. There isn't much you can do and one team gets it by default.

ImB_Smiley said:
I confirm. Also mayb change ruins a bit (remove stones at the hill and mayb move 1 or 2 flags) and we have best map EUW

bocnxnqqyzkiq.jpg
new ruins flags  :shifty:

The flags aren't that bad aside from they could use a little more light cover nearby for inf. The problem with ruins is that there are so many fortified locations on the map that let rangers shoot without fear of death from inf or cav. These positions also tend to have a lot of flag visibility. This makes it extremely campy as a map, unlike reveran which makes rushing a viable thing to do sometimes.

Although I think the suggested flag location changes look good.

Kragen

Grandmaster Knight
WB
Lord Rich said:
River village is ok, but I think the windmill flag spawn is very awkward, it's unusual for an open map flag to be stuffed in the corner like that as it heavily limits approach routes. Reminds me somewhat of graveyard on fort of honour. There isn't much you can do and one team gets it by default.
From the last scrims i can't confirm what you say. Ofc one team has an advantage but i'd rather say chances are 70/30.

Keller

Sergeant Knight
WB
it would be nice to test it without the fence. It would allow easier cav push but still controled by the hill and also infantry push from both side.

River village is good as it is, You can push the windmill flag well from both sides if you wish. Who goes up the hill on a horse? You go round the side or up from behind.

NEVER GO UP A HILL ON HORSE OK OK :party: :party:

Lord Rich

Grandmaster Knight
Should clarify that I didn't mean that flag on river village is too hard to attack, just that the ways of attacking it are pretty limited due to its proximity to the corner of the map.

Magnus_XIV

Sergeant at Arms
Prince Apollo said:
River village is good as it is, You can push the windmill flag well from both sides if you wish. Who goes up the hill on a horse? You go round the side or up from behind.

Its not about riding up the hill, but getting stopped by the fence... I think removing the fence would be a really good idea:smile:

Keller

Sergeant Knight
WB
Prince Apollo said:

I only meant inf push from both side. The cav could still come from -
one way and would not get stuck in the fence but would still be hold by the hill if they go too far :smile:

Tardet

French Toast
Count
NW
Once is enough Apollo, don't push it.

I don't mind a little bit of banter sometimes, but it's not the place for it, and you guys don't know when to stop. So please, as Fabio asked, keep your posts on topic, so we don't have to go through 3 pages of spam to catch one or two valid stuff.

Colonel Horyse said:
seriously when do groups/matches get posted I thought it was tonight -_-

As you may have noticed, we don't have 16 teams yet for the qualifier stage just yet. I'm gonna try to find 4 teams left (cause Nebula Brigade disbanded). I've maybe one on spot, still need 3 more so if you guys have some contacts, feel free to contact them and speak to them about the ECS.

Otherwise the qualifer stage might look a bit weird for some group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom