[ECS3] Suggestions & Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

natschko

Knight
Since the admins already talked about making a ECL, I wanted to ask how high the chance of actually doing one is? The ECL was an exciting tournament with in my opinion some better and more fair matches than in the ECS! Since some people are saying this may be the last tournament till Bannerlords, it would be a shame, if the rest of the teams and clans who signed up would just play three matches in the qualifier.

With only trainwars and without any tournaments for the last few months it is of course hard for the admins to pick the top teams for the ECS but I think that some changes would make the qualifiers more fun and exciting, the ECS more fair and the whole tournament alot better! There is enough time for the admins to consider making some changes.
No, I am not saying that my clan DAM should be in the ECS right away but some teams shouldn't too or at least top teams from the qualifier should play in the ECS!

Thank you for your work admins anyway!!  :party:
 
I would like to see Mountain Fortress back. Maybe make a poll for it or pm to the captains. It was shame we didnt use it in NC16
 

Lord Rich

Grandmaster Knight
I don't think there's much benefit to reducing round time further without significant changes to the gameplay. The closer the spawn time is to the flag time, the less incentive people have to do early rush strats, so even though you wait less per round, there is a greater proportion of rounds with waiting. That's my reading of it anyway.

If you're going to make the round time less then you might as well just make flags spawn immediately or something since making the rounds 3 mins will make it that people don't even have time to attack the opponent before flags even if they wanted to.

Rushes do happen but its heavily map based, maps like sandi, verloren, castellum and reveran support rushes quite well because teams lack heavily fortified positions and if there are any they are contestable by both sides (like the tower on verloren). Naval outpost, fort of honour, mountain fortress and ruins support them a lot less since they have strong positions that heavily deny such attacks.
 

Firunien

Grandmaster Knight
Lord Rich said:
I don't think there's much benefit to reducing round time further without significant changes to the gameplay. The closer the spawn time is to the flag time, the less incentive people have to do early rush strats, so even though you wait less per round, there is a greater proportion of rounds with waiting. That's my reading of it anyway.

If you're going to make the round time less then you might as well just make flags spawn immediately or something since making the rounds 3 mins will make it that people don't even have time to attack the opponent before flags even if they wanted to.

Rushes do happen but its heavily map based, maps like sandi, verloren, castellum and reveran support rushes quite well because teams lack heavily fortified positions and if there are any they are contestable by both sides (like the tower on verloren). Naval outpost, fort of honour, mountain fortress and ruins support them a lot less since they have strong positions that heavily deny such attacks.

The way the flag works i kind of broken anyway imo, because it takes too much time to pull it up.. after the flag spawned there is still little engagement before the clock hits 1:00.
Mabye if you cut down flagraising time by half or 2 thirds, whilst taking the round time down to 3:00 (i personally would say 2:30, and flag spawn to 1:30) you could achieve a more active gameplay, even maybe ft4 instead of ft3.
You would have more "playtime", as well as less waiting.. if somebody wants to do a push i dont see the need to have 3:30, you can still be early aggresive with less time.
Especially with less roundtime those early aggresions could pay off better because you can get into a good defensive position for flag by blockin the ways off or whatever, with less raising time this would be encouraged i guess.


With the maps we have this would work since there are no big open maps where you have to walk far.
 

OurGloriousLeader

Grandmaster Knight
River, Castellum, and Reveran all have closed areas. I like this as it allows diversity in team approaches but it is at the loss of a more truly open style like FBTR, Ruins, and more recently maps like Desolation. I absolutely hated those maps but it did challenge teams and force a completely different style. God I'm almost defending Legacy Plains.

We ditched Ruins and FBTR because they were ancient and ditched Desolation because AE stomped IR (I guess?), but probably worth reconsidering at least 1 of those.
 

yourNotAlone

Sergeant Knight at Arms
OurGloriousLeader said:
I really liked FBTR with the reworked flag spawns tbh. Ruins is quite bad and what makes it even worse is that we still haven't fixed the bugged flag spawn ^^
 

Kragen

Grandmaster Knight
WB
Ceasar said:
yourNotAlone said:
OurGloriousLeader said:
I really liked FBTR with the reworked flag spawns tbh. Ruins is quite bad and what makes it even worse is that we still haven't fixed the bugged flag spawn ^^
Ruins is a good map............ Wtf u on about
I confirm. Also mayb change ruins a bit (remove stones at the hill and mayb move 1 or 2 flags) and we have best map EUW
 

ImB_Smiley

I confirm. Also mayb change ruins a bit (remove stones at the hill and mayb move 1 or 2 flags) and we have best map EUW

bocnxnqqyzkiq.jpg
new ruins flags  :shifty:
 

Magnus_XIV

Sergeant at Arms
Shemaforash said:
Man river village has some ****ty flag spawns though
As far as I know Reggae, who made the map, actually made some new flag spawns, didnt he? I'm not too sure if we are playing the reworked map atm though xD  :ohdear: Probably would be worth it to ask him anyway....
 

Firunien

Grandmaster Knight
Magnus_XIV said:
Shemaforash said:
Man river village has some ****ty flag spawns though
As far as I know Reggae, who made the map, actually made some new flag spawns, didnt he? I'm not too sure if we are playing the reworked map atm though xD  :ohdear: Probably would be worth it to ask him anyway....

The reworked version is beeing played
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom