[ECS3] Suggestions & Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think there's much benefit to reducing round time further without significant changes to the gameplay. The closer the spawn time is to the flag time, the less incentive people have to do early rush strats, so even though you wait less per round, there is a greater proportion of rounds with waiting. That's my reading of it anyway.

If you're going to make the round time less then you might as well just make flags spawn immediately or something since making the rounds 3 mins will make it that people don't even have time to attack the opponent before flags even if they wanted to.

Rushes do happen but its heavily map based, maps like sandi, verloren, castellum and reveran support rushes quite well because teams lack heavily fortified positions and if there are any they are contestable by both sides (like the tower on verloren). Naval outpost, fort of honour, mountain fortress and ruins support them a lot less since they have strong positions that heavily deny such attacks.

Lord Rich said:
I don't think there's much benefit to reducing round time further without significant changes to the gameplay. The closer the spawn time is to the flag time, the less incentive people have to do early rush strats, so even though you wait less per round, there is a greater proportion of rounds with waiting. That's my reading of it anyway.

If you're going to make the round time less then you might as well just make flags spawn immediately or something since making the rounds 3 mins will make it that people don't even have time to attack the opponent before flags even if they wanted to.

Rushes do happen but its heavily map based, maps like sandi, verloren, castellum and reveran support rushes quite well because teams lack heavily fortified positions and if there are any they are contestable by both sides (like the tower on verloren). Naval outpost, fort of honour, mountain fortress and ruins support them a lot less since they have strong positions that heavily deny such attacks.

The way the flag works i kind of broken anyway imo, because it takes too much time to pull it up.. after the flag spawned there is still little engagement before the clock hits 1:00.
Mabye if you cut down flagraising time by half or 2 thirds, whilst taking the round time down to 3:00 (i personally would say 2:30, and flag spawn to 1:30) you could achieve a more active gameplay, even maybe ft4 instead of ft3.
You would have more "playtime", as well as less waiting.. if somebody wants to do a push i dont see the need to have 3:30, you can still be early aggresive with less time.
Especially with less roundtime those early aggresions could pay off better because you can get into a good defensive position for flag by blockin the ways off or whatever, with less raising time this would be encouraged i guess.

With the maps we have this would work since there are no big open maps where you have to walk far.

River, Castellum, and Reveran all have closed areas. I like this as it allows diversity in team approaches but it is at the loss of a more truly open style like FBTR, Ruins, and more recently maps like Desolation. I absolutely hated those maps but it did challenge teams and force a completely different style. God I'm almost defending Legacy Plains.

We ditched Ruins and FBTR because they were ancient and ditched Desolation because AE stomped IR (I guess?), but probably worth reconsidering at least 1 of those.

Ceasar said:
yourNotAlone said:
OurGloriousLeader said:
I really liked FBTR with the reworked flag spawns tbh. Ruins is quite bad and what makes it even worse is that we still haven't fixed the bugged flag spawn ^^
Ruins is a good map............ Wtf u on about
I confirm. Also mayb change ruins a bit (remove stones at the hill and mayb move 1 or 2 flags) and we have best map EUW

I confirm. Also mayb change ruins a bit (remove stones at the hill and mayb move 1 or 2 flags) and we have best map EUW

bocnxnqqyzkiq.jpg
new ruins flags  :shifty:

Shemaforash said:
Man river village has some ****ty flag spawns though
As far as I know Reggae, who made the map, actually made some new flag spawns, didnt he? I'm not too sure if we are playing the reworked map atm though xD  :ohdear: Probably would be worth it to ask him anyway....

Magnus_XIV said:
Shemaforash said:
Man river village has some ****ty flag spawns though
As far as I know Reggae, who made the map, actually made some new flag spawns, didnt he? I'm not too sure if we are playing the reworked map atm though xD  :ohdear: Probably would be worth it to ask him anyway....

The reworked version is beeing played

why no desolation valley ?
why does everyone hate it..
its a nice map :grin:

With some slightly modified flag spawns I would have liked to see the version of ravens nest that is on IG. Mainly just need to guarantee the flags aren't too close to the wall or tower so they become too dominant.

River village is ok, but I think the windmill flag spawn is very awkward, it's unusual for an open map flag to be stuffed in the corner like that as it heavily limits approach routes. Reminds me somewhat of graveyard on fort of honour. There isn't much you can do and one team gets it by default.

ImB_Smiley said:

bocnxnqqyzkiq.jpg
new ruins flags  :shifty:

The flags aren't that bad aside from they could use a little more light cover nearby for inf. The problem with ruins is that there are so many fortified locations on the map that let rangers shoot without fear of death from inf or cav. These positions also tend to have a lot of flag visibility. This makes it extremely campy as a map, unlike reveran which makes rushing a viable thing to do sometimes.

Although I think the suggested flag location changes look good.

Lord Rich said:
River village is ok, but I think the windmill flag spawn is very awkward, it's unusual for an open map flag to be stuffed in the corner like that as it heavily limits approach routes. Reminds me somewhat of graveyard on fort of honour. There isn't much you can do and one team gets it by default.
From the last scrims i can't confirm what you say. Ofc one team has an advantage but i'd rather say chances are 70/30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom