[ECS3] Suggestions & Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arch3r

Count
M&BWBNW
OurGloriousLeader said:
Doesn't really matter for the first week, as long as it's consistent going forward.
It does matter.

We were kind enough to re-do the pick/ban because our enemy wasn't there during the pick/ban. Obviously, they returned the kindness by just banning the map we picked (Naval Outpost) straight away. So yes, we got screwed during the only pick/ban left in the tournament. I would much rather just randomize everything, if we're talking about consistency, it is much more fair.
 
Arch3r said:
OurGloriousLeader said:
Doesn't really matter for the first week, as long as it's consistent going forward.
It does matter.

We were kind enough to re-do the pick/ban because our enemy wasn't there during the pick/ban. Obviously, they returned the kindness by just banning the map we picked (Naval Outpost) straight away. So yes, we got screwed during the only pick/ban left in the tournament. I would much rather just randomize everything, if we're talking about consistency, it is much more fair.

Thats brutal lol.
 

Arch3r

Count
M&BWBNW
_Osiris_ said:
Arch3r said:
OurGloriousLeader said:
Doesn't really matter for the first week, as long as it's consistent going forward.
It does matter.

We were kind enough to re-do the pick/ban because our enemy wasn't there during the pick/ban. Obviously, they returned the kindness by just banning the map we picked (Naval Outpost) straight away. So yes, we got screwed during the only pick/ban left in the tournament. I would much rather just randomize everything, if we're talking about consistency, it is much more fair.

Thats brutal lol.
Yep. Can't say we didn't expect it, but this match being the ONLY match that has a pick/ban is kind of an extra slap in our face, while we were just trying to be nice guys.
 

OurGloriousLeader

Grandmaster Knight
Arch3r said:
We were kind enough to re-do the pick/ban because our enemy wasn't there during the pick/ban. Obviously, they returned the kindness by just banning the map we picked (Naval Outpost) straight away. So yes, we got screwed during the only pick/ban left in the tournament. I would much rather just randomize everything, if we're talking about consistency, it is much more fair.

Ouch lol, that really sucks. But overall the issue the randomising is preventing the same maps being played over and over with teams avoiding maps that challenge them. One week with map picks doesn't really affect that.

I guess what you're really saying is you got screwed over, which I sympathise with. Moral is never be nice.
 

xxbunglexx1

Banned
You've made me very upset today for postponing it - its ****ing annoying finding out 10 minutes before the match - everything was fine and you gotta go do this you bunch of fkin vagitarians
 
Colonel Horyse said:
You've made me very upset today for postponing it - its ******** annoying finding out 10 minutes before the match - everything was fine and you gotta go do this you bunch of fkin vagitarians

maybe read the forums once in a while :p your own fault for only finding out now
 

Greedalicious

Grandmaster Knight
WB
The 180 seconds change is a pain for us archers especially on open maps... We  just get to our position and then we start running to wherever the flag spawns... On 3 rounds I didnt even get to shoot before the flag spawned. Might aswell gamble on a flag location now and win before the enemy even gets there.
 

KaneMaB

Grandmaster Knight
Greedalicious said:
The 180 seconds change is a pain for us archers especially on open maps... We  just get to our position and then we start running to wherever the flag spawns... On 3 rounds I didnt even get to shoot before the flag spawned. Might aswell gamble on a flag location now and win before the enemy even gets there.
 
River Village and Field by the River is pretty broken with this round time, there are strategies that are more or less unstoppable unless you can read the future. Once the team with those positions are putting flag pressure it's too late.
 

Fietta

buıʇʇǝs uoıʇɔǝɹıp ʞɔɐʇʇɐ
Marquis
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
I'm sure it's a hastle but on closed 180 seconds is fine and maybe bump it to 210 on open? Having 1 minute to prepare on closed maps are fine but if you're in the wrong position (let's say by windmill in river village and the flag spawns in village) then one team would be extremely punished and if both teams are on the opposite side of the map from the flag then it's basically a cav duel for 'who can dismount on flag the fastest' with 180 seconds.
 

Magnus_XIV

Sergeant at Arms
trot888 said:
I'm sure it's a hastle but on closed 180 seconds is fine and maybe bump it to 210 on open? Having 1 minute to prepare on closed maps are fine but if you're in the wrong position (let's say by windmill in river village and the flag spawns in village) then one team would be extremely punished and if both teams are on the opposite side of the map from the flag then it's basically a cav duel for 'who can dismount on flag the fastest' with 180 seconds.
+1
Different round times for open and closed maps would be a good thing!
 
Shemaforash said:
River Village and Field by the River is pretty broken with this round time, there are strategies that are more or less unstoppable unless you can read the future. Once the team with those positions are putting flag pressure it's too late.

180 is enough time to get positions and the flag spawns a couple seconds later its pretty exciting xd
 

Viktor

Sergeant Knight
Prince Apollo said:
Shemaforash said:
River Village and Field by the River is pretty broken with this round time, there are strategies that are more or less unstoppable unless you can read the future. Once the team with those positions are putting flag pressure it's too late.

180 is enough time to get positions and the flag spawns a couple seconds later its pretty exciting xd
You must be new at this.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom