[ECS3] Information & Qualifier Sign Ups

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So much drama.. Probably Pub, DGNR and CoR didn't get invited because they didn't show-up earlier. But how interesting they are not complaining about this situation. Maybe Tardet could talk to every clan leader about that and then he could invite teams.. I think he just invited the teams which were playing matches and active when he is inviting teams.. And I agree with Napoleon and Rayden, its always better to play more matches to have more fun and doing practicises for group matches.

If you are mad at Fearless because you didn't get invited instead of Fearless, I could accept to be playing on qualifiers if you ask me. Deciding to not playing matches against Fearless is so funny, we don't decide who will play in group stages. But all i can say is Fearless also played for years in the tournaments as competitive team. How about show up more on the servers and matches guys?

I agree some active and old clans must stay outside, maybe its even disadvantage and disrespectful thing for them(i think its even advantage) then at least be honest and say that you want to be in the group stage instead of saying "u didnt invite pub dngr instead of fearless blabla". Anyway, I hope Tardet can find a solution for everyone.

I dont think people understand the problem.
The invited teams ofcourse have no problem with it.
The teams that will guarantee pass have no problem with it.
The problem lies for mid level teams who normally would pass through, but now have to fight teams that with some changes have won tournaments in the past. While some of the invited teams, purely skill wise, shouldnt have been invited.

Just do a few matches before the tournament starts, some of the current invited teams vs some of the qualifying teams, and the winner gets the invite. Stream it, its a good introduction to the tournament aswell.

I really like Prusak's idea, it's a significantly better than the current plans. Taking invites back isn't as serious as it might sound, this isn't LAN invitational or anything, those teams are for sure ready and eager to fight. I hope admins seriously consider it or something similar.

@Bullsara, I feel like you might be missing the point, of course Pub or DNGR aren't complaining about this, they'll stomp the 3 other teams in their group and advance, it doesn't affect them. The real problem isn't the WHICH teams are picked as top 12 but rather the fact that they have to TRY to pick the top 12, when there are better tournament formats to use, for example Prusak's one, where admins would only have to pick top 8.

You guys have definetly a capacity to create a drama about nothing. All in all, that just looks like some people bulding arguments to hide what they cannot accept and show publicy. But anyways.

To answer a few points.

- Tranquillity have been invited because they had have a few good results versus many tier 2 teams. Surely it doesn't mean they could beat them in official but with AE declining the invitation, Tq was the most valuable team to join the invited ones. They have a lot to prove yet, but I would appreciate that instead of basing your critics on one individual (here Apollo) you do it on the team as a whole.

- Fearless because at the time, when DGNR and Pub hadn't sign up, that was the most valuable team aswell to replace U4. It doesn't mean at all that they are of the same strengh. But it was the best option I had at the time. The invitations have been already complicated enough, I can't change it everytime a new team pops in, and is arguably more skilled than one of the invited team. It would be ridiculous.

- Concerning the DGNR and Pub thing, I didn't know anything until Pub signs up. For DGNR, I knew there was a project underway but it was a real thing yesterday when they signed up, and I got invited to join them yesterday evening aswell. So don't assume thing you have no idea about. I will also add that DGNR have been declining the invitation, as it is their full right.

- The format may seem unfair for you, but there will always an unfair situation for soemone, which is not unfair at all for someone else.

To conclude, even though I can understand your complain about the format, I won't change it. I have way too many things to care about to make my job even more complicated for something I don't judge being worth it.

I will most likely find someone willing to host a ECL tournament alongside the ECS, to give the opportunity to the teams which didn't juge having the best run they could have hope for, another chance to prove themselves.

A fair post Tardet, after all, it is 100% up to the admins to decide the format, the community appreciates your effort to organize this tournament. The only point I really disagreed on was this one:
- The format may seem unfair for you, but there will always an unfair situation for soemone, which is not unfair at all for someone else.
There are ways to make those unfair situations happen less and less by fine-tuning the system, which is what I was trying to get at. BUT I do understand deciding not to do changes at this point.

I appreciate your message Primi. Sorry if this sentence seems a bit weird, my only point is really to say that despite all the efforts I could put into discussing with everyone, I will hardly ever come down to a compromise which please everyone.

And I don't forget what you guys said. If I ever have to host a tournament with qualifier again, make sure that I will consider your ideas.

Its too late to change the tourny format I think.
And just in case anyone was worrying, CoR decided to join last thursday ad hoc and we do not expect to go through the  qualifiers. : D

wenfire e-sports might be sponsoring a team if anyone is interested

Erminas said:
OurGloriousLeader said:
You could pick the top 4 to automatically go to the Quarters, then have 4 groups of 5 with the top team going through. Unfortunately we have 1 team too many for that so we need to bully a team to leave, I suggest DoF.
Hello Overrated Goon Lord, offer for snickers still stands :wink:

Erminas said:
OurGloriousLeader said:
Erminas said:
Hello Overrated Goon Lord, offer for snickers still stands :wink:

S N E R P :][
Goon, description:
1. A thug hired to intimidate or harm opponents.
2. A stupid or oafish person.
:wink:

trot888 said:
Tardet will there be prizes and sponsors?

Sponsors, other than the ones providing servers, most likely not. As for a prize (which often goes with sponsors) there would be logically any.

Fact is that, since there was no prizes during the last NC (and no sponsors either), I didn't make the logical connection between the need of a sponsors and prize (as it was the case during the last ECS) before seing the donation prize in the UNAC.

I might consider opening one for the ECS, who knows, but I doubt anyone will donate, and so I might just end up giving money myself, which means not a lot.

Also drop the argument, DoF and OGL, already. Thank you.

Tardet said:
You guys have definetly a capacity to create a drama about nothing. All in all, that just looks like some people bulding arguments to hide what they cannot accept and show publicy. But anyways.
Thats not a good way to respond to criticism. People also gave ideas on how to improve the system that hadnt been given to them before because everything was done between the captains and the admins, and accusing them (I supose im part of it aswell) of just stirring up drama is not the right way to deal with this. I suppose the decisions have been made, but I voiced my opinion non the less.

Tardet said:
trot888 said:
Tardet will there be prizes and sponsors?

I might consider opening one for the ECS, who knows, but I doubt anyone will donate, and so I might just end up giving money myself, which means not a lot.

Also drop the argument, DoF and OGL, already. Thank you.

I'll donate. :grin:

Greedalicious said:
Tardet said:
Thats not a good way to respond to criticism. People also gave ideas on how to improve the system that hadnt been given to them before because everything was done between the captains and the admins, and accusing them (I supose im part of it aswell) of just stirring up drama is not the right way to deal with this. I suppose the decisions have been made, but I voiced my opinion non the less.

Glad your could expresss your opinion then.

The Suggestion/Question topic has been unlocked by the way. This is for valid and constructive critisms. If you just intend to repeat what you friends just said 3 pages away because you think he was right, despite the admins having answered it already, you might aswell just forget about it.

Ceasar said:
It doesn't matter where the teams start, in the end they all get beaten down by me.

So stop making drama, you guys lost anyways. Unless ur fighting for the 2nd place, in that case, continue drama.

:twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom