[ECS3] Information & Qualifier Sign Ups

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
All teams have been accepted? I see 15 teams atm, U4 dropped so we still have 14 teams  :party: :party: :party:
1. Rising Rivals
2. Thunders
3. Fearless
4. 14e
5. Kattegat!
6. Cheshire  Cat  Clan
7. Die Acht Monuren
8. Barbacue
9. Nebula Brigade
10. AUXILIA
11. Kingdom of Andales
12. Court of Reveran
13. Public Enemies
14. Wolfpack
15. Degenerated

If I delete Fearless from list which I made in my last post we have 14 teams xD I don't understand

1. Rising Rivals
2. Thunders
3. 14e
4. Kattegat!
5. Cheshire  Cat  Clan
6. Die Acht Monuren
7. Barbacue
8. Nebula Brigade
9. AUXILIA
10. Kingdom of Andales
11. Court of Reveran
12. Public Enemies
13. Wolfpack
14. Degenerated

Alright yeah 14 teams then. What's your actual problem then? We need 16 teams to make 4 groups of 4 teams (with one team qualified by groups). Otherwise it would be unbalanced in some groups.

I feel like you're trying to make your point clear but I fail understanding it. Mind explaining what's your concern ? :smile:

Inviting Fearless (and DoF, aD at all) over Pub and DNGR is a clear example why this system is flawed. There's no chance for any other team to get into the tournament from those 2 groups now and it really flattens the hype of the qualifiers. The main issue here isn't even picking the top 12 teams and I know that whoever would pick those 12 from today's warband scene would be questioned hard and it could be argued for days. Invitationals could work if there were clear top 12 (or top 6,8,10) teams, but with this game's competitive scene, it's bound to have problems.

If for some reason someone reaaally wanted to have an invitational tournament I think the numbers should be adjusted a lot, maybe invite the top 4-6 teams (a lot easier/more possible to pick) and have the rest qualify.

Why am I posting this and why now? -I don't agree with the tournament format and wanted to criticize it publicly, because not everything should be said only in PMs. I wanted to bring this up before the tournament because after it nobody remembers or cares of the qualifiers anymore because of the hype semifinals and finals.

Primi said:
Inviting Fearless (and DoF, aD at all) over Pub and DNGR is a clear example why this system is flawed. There's no chance for any other team to get into the tournament from those 2 groups now and it really flattens the hype of the qualifiers. The main issue here isn't even picking the top 12 teams and I know that whoever would pick those 12 from today's warband scene would be questioned hard and it could be argued for days. Invitationals could work if there were clear top 12 (or top 6,8,10) teams, but with this game's competitive scene, it's bound to have problems.

If for some reason someone reaaally wanted to have an invitational tournament I think the numbers should be adjusted a lot, maybe invite the top 4-6 teams (a lot easier/more possible to pick) and have the rest qualify.

Why am I posting this and why now? -I don't agree with the tournament format and wanted to criticize it publicly, because not everything should be said only in PMs. I wanted to bring this up before the tournament because after it nobody remembers or cares of the qualifiers anymore because of the hype semifinals and finals.

+1

Primi said:

Those teams have not really participated before. Would be unfair inviting them though, it was already unfair to invite U4 who did not even participate in a tournament. Sure I understand you, but inviting them would be unfair :smile:

RobinWar said:
Primi said:

Those teams have not really participated before. Would be unfair inviting them though, it was already unfair to invite U4 who did not even participate in a tournament. Sure I understand you, but inviting them would be unfair :smile:
It's about the definition of fair and unfair. Personally I think putting 3 other teams into their qualifier group with no chance to advance is unfair.

Primi said:
RobinWar said:
Primi said:

It's about the definition of fair and unfair. Personally I think putting 3 other teams into their qualifier group with no chance to advance is unfair.

You got a point there. That's unfair, but we know these teams are going to pass their groups anyway. Putting these teams in the invited teams list would be unfair as I mentioned. Due to, they not participated in any kind of tournament before. Sure, we know BD,OGL etc, good players. Yet, it would be unfair inviting these teams instead of DoF/Fearless who participated before. All we want is a good tournament, but also a fair tournament. Hopefully, the qualifying groups will be a bit equal

I have to agree with Primigenia, our community doesn't have many good clans like AE, KURWA, F. I think it should be divided by clan power or renown. We can see that DGNR have very strong roster so saying "let don't invite them cuz they are "new"" is so stupid. Part of clans which were invited would lose against them easily so... It should look like (its only my view so don't be mad) :smile:

Evolution (2nd place as IR in WNL V)
Unity (3rd place in WNL V)
Wonwokie (4th place in WNL V)
Freelancers (ECS 2 winner)
KURWA (4th place in ECS 2, ECS 1 finalist)
DGNR (RNGD&AE&Friends)
Public Enemies (better roster than all non invited teams)
Guard of Istiniar (still active, name of clan)

CoR was inactive for long time so they should show how good are they now. Rest should play in qualifications too and show why they ought to be invited to ECS 3.  I know that Public Enemies or DGNR are new but guys, what made these clans which are invited now? FTW quarter finals in last WNL, BRO 14th place, aD 12nd place, DoF 16th place, Fearless 11th place, be more serious, if you think this is big success and you have to be invited, change the game XD
And yes, for example Fearless takes part in many tournaments okay. In your way DAM must be in main tournaments cuz they played in all WNL's, right? Except first

Prußak said:
I have to agree with Primigenia, our community doesn't have many good clans like AE, KURWA, F. I think it should be divided by clan power or renown. We can see that DGNR have very strong roster so saying "let don't invite them cuz they are "new"" is so stupid. Part of clans which were invited would lose against them easily so... It should look like (its only my view so don't be mad) :smile:

DGNR (RNGD&AE&Friends)

CoR was inactive for long time so they should show how good are they now. Rest should play in qualifications too and show why they ought to be invited to ECS 3.  I know that Public Enemies or DGNR are new but guys, what made these clans which are invited now? FTW quarter finals in last WNL, BRO 14th place, aD 12nd place, DoF 16th place, Fearless 11th place, be more serious, if you think this is big success and you have to be invited, change the game XD

Then if we are going to invite these ''new'' teams we gotta tell some of the invited teams that were invited ''you too bad to get invitied, DGNR is better''  :fruity: :party:

You (I mean all these clans like DoF, BRO, aD)  played in previous tournaments and haven't showed anything very interesting so you have to be invited cuz you took part in it. We know that DGNR for example is better than 50% invited teams but sorry, you have older clan. DAM should be invited!!!!

Working on a bigger post, but I`ll post this for now.

Considering some of the training matches we`ve had, before yesterday I wouldve said we were a definite to advance aswell. With these new teams in the qualifier you`re taking spots away from clans who`ve fought for the right to advance, while teams who were invited havent. I wont make match results public since training matches are training matches, but we`ve beaten invited teams, in some cases convincingly, but we werent invited. I didnt mind, we`re always underestimated and the opinion of others stopped mattering to me a long time ago.
A competitive tournament should only take skill into consideration when it comes to inviting them. It doesnt matter if they deserve it because they`ve played in previous tournaments, it has absolutely no impact what so ever, as long as they dont disband mid tournament... But if that was the case, Wolfpack couldve been invited aswell, we`ve played every tournament since 2011.
This is in no way me disrespecting the teams, but Fearless, aD, IG,DoF and maybe FTW(havnt played em in a while so cant say for sure) cant hold a candle to teams like Pub, DGNR, and potentially CoR if they play serious. DAM aswell has improved significantly. Not to mention Axuilia.

Its a competitive game, skill matters. I can say right now Wolfpack wont be able to beat Pub or DGNR, if they were invited ahead of us I`d have no problem with it.

It's quite difficult to speak about it now but if we started I'm supposed to write something more  :fruity: :fruity: :fruity:
In this post I don't have any problems to any clans, just writing what I think about situation like this. I always like to write something what ppl usually don't like, I'm more famous in it in Tawerna Four Ways but i'm trying to do it too  :fruity: :fruity: :fruity:
Well, I said before which teams should be invited and why.

DGNR (RNGD&AE&Friends)

We have 18 teams left and as Tardet said he want to see 16 clans. How we can pick 16 teams? I can see 4 clans who aren't top and should play in preliminary round, I mean 4 teams, 2 of them will play in qualifications group stage. I love saying the truth so
14e
THD
Andales
Barbacue
should play in preliminary round, two pairs and only winners are supposed to play in next round of qualifying round. Then we have 16 teams, 4 groups and 2 best teams from all groups will play in main tournament. That's my view, would be cool if somebody read this text. Sorry for mistakes, I described my idea as shorter as possible :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Not being rude by how can Fearless replace U4?

edit -

U4 - Watly, Surkan, Airelach, Kane, Midgard, PuffTheDragon, Demon, Grey Warden, Belendor.
Fearless - Garde, Sharky, Unicorn, Chaff, Haakon, Andi, Bullsara, Ascarion, PurzelBlume.

I didnt understand why you guys made this big problem, if you are good enough you will qualify anyway. You can invite someone instead of KURWA if you want.

I really think that many clans which does not have big chance to reach knockout stage, would enjoy to be in qualifer stage and play more matches than just being in ECS groups and play only 3.

Rayden_ said:
I didnt understand why you guys made this big problem, if you are good enough you will qualify anyway. You can invite someone instead of KURWA if you want.
Yes, the top teams will qualify, that's not the issue. The issue is that in my opinion the tournament shouldn't only be the best experience for those top 4-6 teams but rather for all the teams of the community to have a few good serious, "official" matches. And this format of the tournament is not a good platform for that. Maybe some new team wants to become something bigger and has practiced a lot to show people their potential but are put into the same group as DNGR with no chance to advance.

I don't think you understand why lower level teams play in these tournaments, since you've been at the top for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom