[ECS3] Information & Qualifier Sign Ups

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said some time ago, clan activity died out during the NC, and having a mostly invitational tourney right after is bad for business cuz clans wanna play but tough **** you're not invited and only 4 go through qualifiers.
If you aren't planning a second tourney for the teams that don't get through qualifiers, it might be better to do the WNL format of everyone in one league ?
Or, someone else could just run another tournament for the teams that don't get through.
Just sayin'.
broomsux

Rayden, I think people are trying to make the point that some teams in the qualifiers are better than some of the invited teams. So when only the top 1 team of qualifier groups qualifies for the ECS, which will probably be teams like DGNR and OGL's team, they will block out any of the other contenders which deserve a spot more than some of the invited teams. Even worse: if two of the top teams skill wise are in a group together, you're going to be missing one of the "good" teams in the main tournament. This will only become more likely if KURWA has to qualify aswell.

Broomstick said:
Rayden, I think people are trying to make the point that some teams in the qualifiers are better than some of the invited teams. So when only the top 1 team of qualifier groups qualifies for the ECS, which will probably be teams like DGNR and OGL's team, they will block out any of the other contenders which deserve a spot more than some of the invited teams. Even worse: if two of the top teams skill wise are in a group together, you're going to be missing one of the "good" teams in the main tournament. This will only become more likely if KURWA has to qualify aswell.

You could pick the top 4 to automatically go to the Quarters, then have 4 groups of 5 with the top team going through. Unfortunately we have 1 team too many for that so we need to bully a team to leave, I suggest DoF.

OurGloriousLeader said:
You could pick the top 4 to automatically go to the Quarters, then have 4 groups of 5 with the top team going through. Unfortunately we have 1 team too many for that so we need to bully a team to leave, I suggest DoF.
Hello Overrated Goon Lord, offer for snickers still stands :wink:

So just for all the tournament haters out there, how do you propose to invite teams that have not even formed? Fearless was invited before pub or DNGR even signed up, and when U4 left the tournament we were argueably one of the better teams in the qualifiers so wouldn't it seems reasonable to invite us?

Prince Apollo said:
Not being rude by how can Fearless replace U4?

edit -

U4 - Watly, Surkan, Airelach, Kane, Midgard, PuffTheDragon, Demon, Grey Warden, Belendor.
Fearless - Garde, Sharky, Unicorn, Chaff, Haakon, Andi, Bullsara, Ascarion, PurzelBlume.

We are also wondering how Tq got invited but still, we have not said anything. So please Apollo, stay quiet.

Tardet invite who he wants afterall and he could not predict the new teams and the recent disbands...

Keller said:
Prince Apollo said:

edit -

U4 - Watly, Surkan, Airelach, Kane, Midgard, PuffTheDragon, Demon, Grey Warden, Belendor.
Fearless - Garde, Sharky, Unicorn, Chaff, Haakon, Andi, Bullsara, Ascarion, PurzelBlume.

We are also wondering how Tq got invited but still, we have not said anything. So please Apollo, stay quiet.

Tardet invite who he wants afterall and he could not predict the new teams and the recent disbands...

:party:

Keller said:
Prince Apollo said:

edit -

+1

Prince Apollo said:

edit -

We lost against u last time with one round difference my buddy  :party:
And where is the problem, Tardet is doing his job well.

#NoHate #Fameless_Name

Erminas said:

"Goon" is gang terminology for a low level gang member (fyi, gangs have a hierarchy). These low level gang members are usually the street drug runners who work for a boss that is much less visible than them. For this reason certain things are implied in a goon's responsibilities : the goon's are more visible so they "take the fall" for their bosses if some transactions were discovered by police - the goon would take the arrest and never snitch on his boss. The boss (usually much older ) would usually bail the goon out of prison if he should be caught on a job. The boss keeps himself as far away from the "prosecutable action" as possible (see young joc's ref to this when he says "keep my hands clean cause I never touch dope" ). For this purpose of taking the fall, goons are usually preferred to be younger and are often under 18 (to avoid having to be charged/serve time as an adult if caught). Another purpose other than deals is carrying out hits - the goon will never admit who he works for - this helps so that if he is suspected for a murder, it's hard to prove because there is no motive. In a gang organization (fyi gangs are organizations for organized crime just like the mophia, they just don't get that same dark honor for... some reason). This is what is being referred to in Plies's song when he says "born a real nigga, but I'mma die a goon".
And by lil wayne in "A mille" when he says, "I go by them goon rules: if you can't beat'm then you drop'm". FYI Plies, lil wayne, bird man, and gucci man are all Bloods (see lil wayne's verse in shory lo's "they know" remix when he says, "Su-Wu gang, and if you aint wit it then you in the food chain.." (su-wu is a term for blood gang members).

proud to be a goon lord

OurGloriousLeader said:
Erminas said:

"Goon" is gang terminology for a low level gang member (fyi, gangs have a hierarchy). These low level gang members are usually the street drug runners who work for a boss that is much less visible than them. For this reason certain things are implied in a goon's responsibilities : the goon's are more visible so they "take the fall" for their bosses if some transactions were discovered by police - the goon would take the arrest and never snitch on his boss. The boss (usually much older ) would usually bail the goon out of prison if he should be caught on a job. The boss keeps himself as far away from the "prosecutable action" as possible (see young joc's ref to this when he says "keep my hands clean cause I never touch dope" ). For this purpose of taking the fall, goons are usually preferred to be younger and are often under 18 (to avoid having to be charged/serve time as an adult if caught). Another purpose other than deals is carrying out hits - the goon will never admit who he works for - this helps so that if he is suspected for a murder, it's hard to prove because there is no motive. In a gang organization (fyi gangs are organizations for organized crime just like the mophia, they just don't get that same dark honor for... some reason). This is what is being referred to in Plies's song when he says "born a real nigga, but I'mma die a goon".
And by lil wayne in "A mille" when he says, "I go by them goon rules: if you can't beat'm then you drop'm". FYI Plies, lil wayne, bird man, and gucci man are all Bloods (see lil wayne's verse in shory lo's "they know" remix when he says, "Su-Wu gang, and if you aint wit it then you in the food chain.." (su-wu is a term for blood gang members).

proud to be a goon lord
Goon, description:
1. A thug hired to intimidate or harm opponents.
2. A stupid or oafish person.
:wink:

It doesn't matter where the teams start, in the end they all get beaten down by me.

So stop making drama, you guys lost anyways. Unless ur fighting for the 2nd place, in that case, continue drama.

Ascarion said:
And where is the problem, Tardet is doing his job well.
Even if Tardet is doing his job as best as he can with the information he had at the time (I would be surprised if he didn't know of DNGR forming a lot earlier than us though), the problem still very much exists. My point is that the invite system doesn't work with these numbers (12 invited, 4 qualified), and there are better tournament formats to use that would be better for everyone involved (the top would still be the top and it would be more interesting to mid- to low-level teams)

E:And I don't wanna see the drama card thrown in too easily if people are just criticizing/discussing the tournament format. (dof vs ogl isn't that obviously)

= 26 teams =
8 teams in main tournament by invitation
=========================
4 teams {14e, Nebula Brigade, Thunders, Barbacue or Andales)
1st qualifying round  = 2 pairs, one match and winners go to 2nd step
=========================
16 teams
2nd qualifying round - 4 groups, 1st and 2nd from group will be placed in main tournament

Same time of tournament, all teams can show his skill. I think nobody normal from invitated teams won't cry about backing up invitation if they want play in tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom