Status
Not open for further replies.

Tardet

French Toast
Count
FyQeT7i.png

European [size=36pt]Championship Series[/size]
"Continuing the legacy"

Bladers. It's with some excitement but also a lot of pride that I'm happy to announce to you that a new major tournament is on its way. After another amazing Nation Cup which saw Turkey finally taking 1st place by defeating Belguim&Netherlands, with nearly 6 years of unsuccessful tries ; the clans are once more gathering their men for the battle, with one goal, and one only - the glory of being the last team standing on the field, undefeated.

We all know that Warband is heading towards its last moments, with the upcoming release of Bugatti, but as there is no official date yet, the community won't stop enjoying the competitive aspect of this game until we get something else to fight on.

This said, for the first time in Warband, the ECS/WNL will be replaced by a tournament of a similar format, but with a name changing for the main reason that Deacon and Scar won't be taking part in this one as actively as they used to do. After some reflexions, we'll finally go under the ECS tag.  What those two personalities have accomplished for our scene is still yet to be equalized and I can't help myself giving them huge thanks for the uncountable number of hours they have been putting in to make this community a better place, while encouraging the so unique competitiveness we have. But do not worry. They're not done with you yet but simply taking a rest to come back even more skilled and motivated. And some rumours say they have something going underway - But you know, rumours are rumours.

Among the few people they judged competent enough to take over what they spent years to build, I've been offered the occasion to take a further step in this community and for the first time in my career, organize the tournament as a main host. While it goes without saying that bringing a warband major tournament to the level they've reached is a titanic task, I've accepted the honour which has been given to me and will try my very best to continue providing the best competitive experience possible.

Deacon, Scar, and Lust to some extent; You've been, since I've entered this scene, figures I've identified myself with when it came to community's care. Even though it's going to be a very special thing running a tournament without you, I think it's safe to assume that the community as a whole owes you a lot and that we're waiting for your full comeback. Meanwhile, you can count on me to keep home's key safe. But not for too long my friends.

Tournament Format/Name & Key Dates

The rules will also mostly remain the same, with the exception of some changes.

So it will basically be:

• A first group of invitational teams (12). A second group of qualified teams. (4). A total group of 16 teams.
  • One phase of qualifiers (3 weeks). One phase of Group Stage (3 weeks). One phase of Knockout Stage (3 weeks)
  • For the qualifier group : 16 teams maximum, by registration. 4 groups. 1 team qualified per group for the Group Stage joining the 12 remaining teams already qualified through the invitational phase. Format : Double Elimination.
  • For the group stage : 16 teams. 4 groups. 2 qualified per group for the Knockout Stage. Format : Double Elimination.
  • For the knockout stage : 8 teams. Quarter Finals / Semi Finals / Final and Bronze Match. Format : Single Elimination.

The key dates for the event will be the following (please do note that those dates are subject to change. For example if we get 16 teams by the 28th of March, and that the tournament itself is ready, we might start one week earlier. But we could also starts the tournament one week later due to complication.) :

- 7th April. - Qualifier Signs Up Deadline.
- 11 April - Qualifier Stage starting.
- 2 May - End of the Qualifier Stage. Group Stage starting.
- 23th May - End of the Group Stage. Knockout Stage starting.
- 12th June - End of the Knockout stage

The 12 team leaders which will be invited to the event are going to receive an PM tonight followed by a steam message to confirm of the receipt. If by the end of this evening you didn't receive anything, you can consider yourself that you haven’t been invited and can consequently apply for the qualifier phase.

Administration Team & Partnership

At this point of the tournament creation, a lot of things are still to be defined, and this includes the admin team, aswell as all the different helpers, that will be given the task to make the event look even more professional. What we can already assure you though, is that I will be the main hoster and that I will be joined by BlackTide as a co-administrator. Some other admins will of course join us in the process.

Moreover, one of the secondary admins of this tournament, I named Erik Le Rouge, will be joining the team. Erik is a longstanding friend and one of the most professional admins the NW scene can count on. While it might appear a bit weird to some people that I'm choosing someone with relatively no experience to the Native scene as an admin, I needed someone I have an unconditional trust in to care about some administrative tasks alongside myself. It is still to be defined, but Erik probably won't have that much of a decisional power however he is an extremely hardworking personality and I know he will contribute towards making this tournament even better. It is also a way to prepare for Bugatti a bit, by getting some of the people which are contributing a lot to the NW scene, to get to know the Native scene more by getting directly involved into the organisation of things. I hope you will give him the same warm welcome I received one year ago.

In the same idea, this tournament will have a new special addition, in the form of Knight. Knight is also a friend from the NW community and one of the most influential personalities of the French competitive community, as well as the leader of one of the best regiments of the NW era. As he has some plans for Bugatti, he is willing to get to know the community more, that's why he has been granted a special role of observer. No power whatsoever, but he will have the capacity to see directly how our scene is working from the inside and why we're so much more competitive than NW. No point trying to get any information from him though, he will be as tight as a clam.

I'm happy to announce that the tournament will be also in direct and close partnership with :

GGnSm1e.png

BladeCast_TV accepted to cover as many matches of the tournament as possible, and will also be providing the event as much logistical support and advices as possible. I'm extremely glad to have them on my side. Moreover, this partnership could take a further step soon enough if things go according to plans. I don't want to spoil you guys too much but it might be big. Stay tuned for more info and don't forget to follow the guys on Twitter, and Twitch. All the information you need can be found on their Taleworlds Page.

Changes

This might be one of the most interesting, yet controversial point this tournament will have. I'm planning on performing some changes on how the competitive scene is working, knowing :

-Pick/Bans system.
-Competitive Map Poll
-Match Format

And a few other points. Of course not all of those points will be changed, not all for this tournament especially, but that's something which will be discussed within the admin team and could probably be set up, or proposed to team captains. More infos to come, especially when the rules will be done and posted.

Team Application

To submit your roster simply post their names and IDs in this thread. Please fill out the template below. Do note that the registration will be opened on the 15th of this month, in the evening, to make sure all the invited teams get their PM and don't apply by mistake.

Code:
[b]Team Banner:[/b]
[b]Team name:[/b]
[b]Team Tag:[/b]
[b]Team Location[/b]
[b]Team TW thread/steam group/twitter[/b]
[b]contact 1: name - TW profile - Steam[/b]
[b]contact 2: name - TW profile - Steam[/b]
Roster:
[tr][td]	Player 1 	[/td][td] ID1 [/td][td] ID2 [/td][/tr]

If you are feeling extra confident please feel free to put your details into the final format, as in this example...

9gVae.png

APIS EUROPAE
5620582193_07207bc789_o.png

» TAGAE_

» LOCATIONEurope

» INFORMATION
P6EEJdM.gif
TaleWorlds 
ler7hzy.gif
Steam
favicons
Twitter

» CONTACTS

» ROSTER

Wierdo                  387
  AZAN              10762
  Cleric  13487 653835
  Shemaforash                    20578
  Mitchell                  33694 
  Deacon                    37938
  Nea                    47978
  Blivandefar                    68264
  axL                  80488
  Peter                    104596
  M                  390111 
  LeRoux                  402606
  Scar                    407629
  Anders                  985995 
  Tomy                  1076095 
  Bloody_Death        1111821
  Razer        1002805

Code:
[table]
[tr][td]

[table][tr][td][table][tr][td]
[IMG]banner png here[/IMG][/td][td]
[font=georgia][SIZE=32px]C[/SIZE][SIZE=24px]LAN [/SIZE][SIZE=32px]N[/SIZE][SIZE=24px]AME[/SIZE][/font]
[table][tr][td][IMG]http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5188/5620582193_07207bc789_o.png[/IMG][/td][td][IMG]http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5188/5620582193_07207bc789_o.png[/IMG][/td][td][IMG]http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5188/5620582193_07207bc789_o.png[/IMG]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
» [b][font=georgia]TAG[/font][/b]XX_[/td][td]
» [b][font=georgia]LOCATION[/font][/b]Europe/NA?etc[/td][td]
» [b][font=georgia]INFORMATION[/font][/b][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/P6EEJdM.gif[/IMG] [url=clan TW thread link]TaleWorlds[/url]  [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ler7hzy.gif[/IMG] [url=steam group link]Steam[/url] [IMG]http://s2.googleusercontent.com/s2/favicons?domain=twitter.com&feature=youtube_channel[/IMG] [url=clan twitter link]Twitter[/url][/td][/tr][/table]

» [font=georgia][b]CONTACTS[/b][/font]
[table][tr][td][/td][td][IMG]http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5188/5620582193_07207bc789_o.png[/IMG][/td][td][/td][td][IMG]http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5188/5620582193_07207bc789_o.png[/IMG][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td][IMG]http://forums.taleworlds.com/Themes/default/images/game_badge_wb.png[/IMG] Contact1 name[/td][td][/td][td][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/P6EEJdM.gif[/IMG] [url=Contact1 TW profile link]TaleWorlds[/url][/td][td][/td][td][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ler7hzy.gif[/IMG] [url=contact 1 steam profile link]Steam[/url][/td][/tr][tr][td][IMG]http://forums.taleworlds.com/Themes/default/images/game_badge_wb.png[/IMG]Contact2 name[/td][td][/td][td][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/P6EEJdM.gif[/IMG] [url=Contact2  TW profile link]TaleWorlds[/url][/td][td][/td][td][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ler7hzy.gif[/IMG] [url=Contact2 steam profile link]Steam[/url][/td][/tr][/table]

» [font=georgia][b]ROSTER[/b][/font]

[spoiler=Roster][table]
[tr][td][IMG]http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5188/5620582193_07207bc789_o.png[/IMG][/td][td][IMG]http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5188/5620582193_07207bc789_o.png[/IMG][/td][td][IMG]http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5188/5620582193_07207bc789_o.png[/IMG][/td][/tr]
  [tr][td]	   Name1                   	[/td][td]	 ID1 	[/td][td]	ID2 	[/td][/tr]		
[tr][td]	   Name2              	[/td][td]	 ID 	[/td][/tr]		

[/table][/spoiler]
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]

We hope you're looking forward to this tournament as much as we do. Sharpen your swords, dust your shields, and make sure your bows are taut. War is coming and only the best will survive.

"The tournament itself has no name yet but one should be announced soon. As for the format, we're going to keep the ECS one, as it has been really successful and we have no reason to change something which has always been providing competitiveness within the community."

Then why not just call it ECS3 :razz: the NCs have different admins for each one so i dont understand the problem of continuity if its the same format as ECS anyway :razz: if its a different format fair enough

_Osiris_ said:
"The tournament itself has no name yet but one should be announced soon. As for the format, we're going to keep the ECS one, as it has been really successful and we have no reason to change something which has always been providing competitiveness within the community."

Then why not just call it ECS3 :razz: the NCs have different admins for each one so i dont understand the problem of continuity if its the same format as ECS anyway :razz: if its a different format fair enough

Nations Cup might have admin teams changing everytime, when it came to clan events like the WNL/ECS, it has always been Deacon or Deacon/Scar (and Lust with the ENL). As they won't be here for this edition, I prefered changing the name as I feel an ECS without those two isn't really one.

And thanks Scar and Belendor :wink:

Good luck Tardet (and friends) !
If a lot of teams sign up, will there be another lower-level tourney for the teams that don't go through qualifiers ?
Like ECL was for the ECS.
Just wondering, because clans were already inactive during the NC and now, if you're not invited, tough luck, only 4 teams go through.

Tardet said:
_Osiris_ said:

Nations Cup might have admin teams changing everytime, when it came to clan events like the WNL/ECS, it has always been Deacon or Deacon/Scar (and Lust with the ENL). As they won't be here for this edition, I prefered changing the name as I feel an ECS without those two isn't really one.

And thanks Scar and Belendor :wink:

erm ok i guess (still makes no sense to me :grin: ) but good luck ^^ should be fun

Thank you for allowing me to join the admin team as an observer, I really need to catch how you guys work!

And of course, I will bring 7 fellows 14e friends to see it from the battlefield view!

Can't wait to see this new tourney running!  :party:

Tu nous ramènes vraiment les NW kids là? Dois-je m'attendre à la venue de Brave et de Teddy?
Je rigole bien sûr, moi aussi je suis un enfant de MMRussia après tout...

GlorvalhirSRB said:
Good luck Tardet (and friends) !
If a lot of teams sign up, will there be another lower-level tourney for the teams that don't go through qualifiers ?
Like ECL was for the ECS.
Just wondering, because clans were already inactive during the NC and now, if you're not invited, tough luck, only 4 teams go through.
^
^
:roll:

Good job Tardet and Friends. Especially Deacon and Scar.

Good tournament itself, looks very cool. I had some thoughts, skip the qualify? Yes, it is a good idea, having best teams to fight each other, but still.
Furthermore, if not hosting a tournament beside (ECS/Anything) it might be quite rude towards the clans that did not pass the qualify or did not get invited.
Are you sure you don't want to go with a system such as WNL? No one knows if this is the last tournament of Warband, no one knows. However, it would be cool to reunite all clans in 1 tournament, and not just the best clans in one league.
Don't get me wrong, I definitely love warband and the tournaments. Just an idea I had, obviously.

Having rules such as wnl would work as well, and let every clan join. So everyone will be visible at the table. Would just be very awesome to see all clans in one league :smile:

As I mentioned, this might be the last league, as Tardet said, warband is dying after all.

I don't know how others feel about it but I would drop the map picking. I feel it leads to less variety in the maps that are played and it makes training for it less useful since other teams won't have your maps and therefore don't necessarily put as much time or effort into them. You also obviously get less training on the maps you are playing.

All in all I feel there are too many downsides and the 'strategy' its supposed to bring in just didn't really materialize, it actually just lets teams completely remove maps so they don't have to deal with them.

I agree to be honest I think it also stifles creative tactics when you don't need to think up ways to cover your weakness or nullify your opponents strengths. You just ban their maps and hope you do better on yours.

Take UK vs BENE I think it was less exciting than it could be because it was literally just a stomp on both maps rather than closer all the way through because both teams just pick their strongest maps.

RobinWar said:
Good job Tardet and Friends. Especially Deacon and Scar.

Good tournament itself, looks very cool. I had some thoughts, skip the qualify? Yes, it is a good idea, having best teams to fight each other, but still.
Furthermore, if not hosting a tournament beside (ECS/Anything) it might be quite rude towards the clans that did not pass the qualify or did not get invited.
Are you sure you don't want to go with a system such as WNL? No one knows if this is the last tournament of Warband, no one knows. However, it would be cool to reunite all clans in 1 tournament, and not just the best clans in one league.
Don't get me wrong, I definitely love warband and the tournaments. Just an idea I had, obviously.

Having rules such as wnl would work as well, and let every clan join. So everyone will be visible at the table. Would just be very awesome to see all clans in one league :smile:

As I mentioned, this might be the last league, as Tardet said, warband is dying after all.

!!!

Great work tardet btw! :party: :party:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom