[ECS3] Group A

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ciiges said:
Scar said:
Muting is among the poorest ways to deal with insults and disrespectful comments from an administrative point of view. In the heat of the moment it is surely a quick solution, but I think the admins would be wise to look into this again and take action where necessary to send a clear signal that this kind of behaviour is not tolerated.
And banning and kicking me for no reason from an official ECS server is?
The insults were before the match started, how is this a rule-break?
people should mind their own business and leave it to the admins (who have already sorted it)

Admins have not sorted this, Fietta isnt an Admin.

Scar said:
Muting is among the poorest ways to deal with insults and disrespectful comments from an administrative point of view. In the heat of the moment it is surely a quick solution, but I think the admins would be wise to look into this again and take action where necessary to send a clear signal that this kind of behaviour is not tolerated.

I do believe you're mistaken. What happened was that Ciiges was indeed provoked. Provocative behaviour is an unnecessary attempt to grab insults so they can use it against them. Ciiges also commented only on Kragen (I believe) and not the entire team, this means that all that is needing to be done would be a simple mute. 'this kind of behaviour is not tolerated', I actually agree, it's not a nice thing to say. I do however believe that this kind of behaviour happens on almost every tournament to which no one gets punished. I believe it was WNL5(Correct me if I'm wrong) where there was some enormous clash between AE and IR, the map was Desolation Valley, nothing happened. The behaviour that Apollo and Kragen has shown was clearly harassment, countlessly kicking wonwokie from the server, this is why I asked both Kragen and Apollo to log on without admin passes on the match yesterday due to the inappropriate behaviour that's happened more than once. The insults that was said within the match which was 'rekt kid' was dealt with. The insults that were before the match were provoked as they were kicked and they came straight to me to sort it out, after discussing with Watly we decided it would be best if they logged into the server without admin passwords. If you were to take action, I believe the punishment shouldn't be at all harsh, infact it should be lenient due to the whole situation. If Ciiges were to come out with all of these slurs without being provoked to do so then maybe larger action should be taken place, but this is not the case. I believe only a warning should be given out but nothing more, Tq vs Wonwokie will not happen in the near future so hear me out.

Oliveran said:
Actually, the rules applies BEFORE 19:30 too. If I insult just before the match start (during doing last-minute drops an extra time), that player should be banned from the match. It's as easy as it gets, right? While you and your opponents are on the server hosted by the ECS; you pay respect to your opponents - in a sense, they're also your peers (we are a small community, remember that) and as fellow tournament players must be, no matter how much you hate them, treated with some remote decency. This SHOULD apply to the outside as much as possible too - as in, not on the ECS servers -, and if gone overboard should be managed by the admins too (chasing and harassing opponents isn't called "respecting the opponents" either, now is it?).

While it seems Fietta could probably manage it in a smoother way, the players didn't respect Fietta as an admin either, which is like a football not going of the pitch when he gets a red, and ignores the yellow he gets even though he knows it's hurtful to do what he did, hence the warning.

That's true, it would make sense if it also applied before the match, but since he was provoked, I don't see why any punishment should be given. At this point in time the larger concern isn't the insults but it's actually the harassment that Apollo and Kragen is given to this team, by countlessly kicking people off the server, causing people to lash out. Apollo and Kragen have already been warned as it's not the first time they've done it, the first time was a week before where Wonwokie booked a server to which they found Tq playing on. Wonwokie was confused and told them to leave, to which Kragen and Apollo started kicking them off the server. Yesterday was the other time they did it. So Oliveran by your books, this means that both Ciiges and Kragen and Apollo should have been told not to play on the match yesterday which would be unnecessary.

Lol, this is a joke. You didn't ask us to not join the server without admin pass. You demanded us to do it and threatened to take action after like 10 seconds of us not listening to you (Check logs if am not mistaken) then we left and joined back without admin pass clearly as it says when you join the server. Then you decided to kick us both just to prove that your a big man or something? (Check logs for that also). Your behavior at the end of the match was both not needed and very salty as anyone can see that. Ciiges shouldn't go round saying stuff about Transgender people and also insulting that is just out of order even if it was before the match or not, not one insult was said on Tq's behalf we was trying to keep it civil.

85ri8hz.png

Why would you even say this as everyone was leaving?

I fail to see how kicking people off servers is considered 'civil'. My behaviour at the end of the match showed nothing, I was being very polite. I have a reputation for being mean, however this isn't always the case.

trot888 said:
To which Kragen and Apollo started kicking them off the server. Yesterday was the other time they did it. So Oliveran by your books, this means that both Ciiges and Kragen and Apollo should have been told not to play on the match yesterday which would be unnecessary.

Well, thats a lie. I didnt kick anyone that day either. So stop trying to make **** up??? (Check the server logs.)

trot888 said:
You did before the match began.

I didnt kick anyone, get one of your admin buddies to check the logs, since your not a admin yourself.

Ciiges said:
And banning and kicking me for no reason from an official ECS server is?
The insults were before the match started, how is this a rule-break?
people should mind their own business and leave it to the admins (who have already sorted it)
Oh, sorry did I forget to ask for your permission to post here? Get some respect.

I made a general suggestion, I did not only mean you but also everyone else that made aggressive or even insulting remarks to their opponents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom