[ECS3] Closing Thoughts & Thank Yous

Users who are viewing this thread

Watly

Grandmaster Knight
FyQeT7i.png

[size=24pt]CLOSING THOUGHTS & THANK YOUS

It has been a pretty turbulent ride, but we have managed to reach the end of the tournament. It was once again a tournament filled with a lot of exciting matches, upsets and great competition.

Freelancers have had a pretty rough ride, after losing to FTW in the group stage and having to play the semi finals without two of their players. They nevertheless managed to keep fighting and managed to take home first place in what was arguably one of the most one-sided finals of all time. Congratulations on your second tournament victory!

Despite a lack of interest that almost caused KURWA to drop out of the tournament, the team persevered all the way until the end. While they might not have been able to get the gold, they still managed an amazing feat by taking the second place. Congratulations to you for that!

Unity have continuously improved and managed to impress us all this time around. While an incredibly close and intense match versus Freelancers ended their ambition for a tournament win, they fought until the very end to still achieve a very respectable third place. Congratulations to you!

*If anyone is capable of making a signature for these teams, please chat us up so we can still make it happen.*

Thank Yous

Now, to thank everyone involved in making the tournament happen.

I'd like to thank the other admins for sticking with me and making sure the tournament kept running until the very end. Also thank you to Tardet, for putting down the foundations for the tournament!

I would also like to thank the rest of the staff: the referees for helping us keep track of what's going on during the matches, and generally making our lives easier. Harman and Yami for doing the statistics, so everyone can fuel their e-peens and have a better overview of who performed best. Finally, Fabio for helping the less experienced admins out with their decision making.

Thank you to the previous admin team, which helped us out massively by providing code and artwork for us to give everything a more professional look.

I would also like to thank the ECL admin team for hosting the second iteration of the ECL, which is still going.

Thank you to Azan for creating the admin mod and proposing the stat changes.

Thank you to the streamers, who managed to stream a really solid amount of matches. Also thanks to all the players that provided their POV footage!

A big thanks to the server hosts as well. Sabo, Alene and DoF, the tournament would not have been possible without your continuous assistance over the tournament!

Finally, I'd like to thank Oliveran for helping us with IDs.

I apologize if I've missed anyone here.

Closing Thoughts

While it's great that the tournament finished properly, I personally hope that future tournament hosts will stick by their tournament until the end.

I enjoyed the ride, I hope you did so too.

Best regards,
Watly

OurGloriousLeader said:
rip tardet, nice tourney in the end, ggz

Never forget, never forgive?

I'd just like to remind everyone that if I do understand your deception concerning how the ECS was ran, I doubt Watly is to be taken full responsable for that. He steped in at the worse moment possible, accepted to give some of his free time to continue a project which was destined to be one of the highest failure in term of tournament history and yet despite some decisions you can see as biased, managed to hold on to a pretty decent event, especially regarding the fact there could possibly have been no tournament at all if he hadn't accept to take the position of main admin.

I won't go too far by saying I'm accountable for every decisions he took but if there someone to be blamed here it's certainly myself and not him. Moreover, if things went quite chaoticly at some point, in the end, the team who deserves it the most still won the tournament, and with quite some facility so I wouldn't say there is really any harm done. Congratulations to F, huge respect for Unity and KURWA to still be able to keep consistency within the years and a little though for Wonwokies who still had a pretty good, yet unlucky run.

I wanted my third place signature, wtf is that discount tournament.

gg wp nubz.

Ceasar said:
yourNotAlone said:
This tournamt was pretty bad, not gonna lie. Thanks to everyone involved, ggz to the teams.

Solid explaination for everyone who quoted this. Nubs.

You're the ultimate noob m8 what u want ?

yourNotAlone said:
This tournamt was pretty bad, not gonna lie. Thanks to everyone involved, ggz to the teams.

YourNotAlone is a Truth teller, you should all kneel in front of him.

Also he deserves a medal cause he played with the worst french people ever during all the tournament and that's almost an impossible task, so gg to him, he deserves the first place. :party:

Next tournament on Bannerlord confirmed ! :cool:

Even though the actuall creator of the tournamnet left you were able to make the tourney going. Good job :!:

Liked the matches but it was a very chaotic tournament.

Even though it was quite a chaotic tournament i would like to thank all the admins and referees (also those who left the admin team).

Back
Top Bottom