[ECS] Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Killfacer said:
Not 100% yet, will try and get the definitive list up by the middle of next week. Maps that may not be included:

Village, Snowy Village. The rest are definitely staying.

I'm sorry to insist, but i'd really like to know what maps are going to be played.

If i may give my opinion, Snowy village should be removed.
Nord Town should definetly stay away.
We should keep Village.

I've updated Reveran Village on request of Bliv and some IG dudes: http://forum.guardofistiniar.org/index.php?topic=6342.0

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12128647/scn_multi_scene_enl_reveranvillage.sco

Change notes:
- Spawn 'bunkers' have been fixed: Stables are smaller and shows more of shooters standing on the beams (bug with walking through walls has been fixed too). The other spawns shooting position with cart and ladder has it's walls lowered, making it easier to return fire.
- Water fixed: Some places were too deep, allowing players to submerge.
- Rebalanced the flag near the church: Moved some cover and added cover for one side near the hay-fields.
- Moved the flag near the river and made it more interesting strategically: Adjusted the mining site, moved the bridge a bit and other changes such as more cover to make the forest/river area more interesting.
- Distinctive visuals for buildings: Gave important buildings easy to recognize features. The building with a merchant sign has merchanty stuff. Woodcutter lodge has more logs, building with broom has a hunting bow, dried meat and leather works (to make it a Hunters Lodge), cabbage building has many cabbages and there's a carpet building now.

Might be worth looking into for the ECS

Arch3r said:
I've updated Reveran Village on request of Bliv and some IG dudes: http://forum.guardofistiniar.org/index.php?topic=6342.0

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12128647/scn_multi_scene_enl_reveranvillage.sco

Change notes:
- Spawn 'bunkers' have been fixed: Stables are smaller and shows more of shooters standing on the beams (bug with walking through walls has been fixed too). The other spawns shooting position with cart and ladder has it's walls lowered, making it easier to return fire.
- Water fixed: Some places were too deep, allowing players to submerge.
- Rebalanced the flag near the church: Moved some cover and added cover for one side near the hay-fields.
- Moved the flag near the river and made it more interesting strategically: Adjusted the mining site, moved the bridge a bit and other changes such as more cover to make the forest/river area more interesting.
- Distinctive visuals for buildings: Gave important buildings easy to recognize features. The building with a merchant sign has merchanty stuff. Woodcutter lodge has more logs, building with broom has a hunting bow, dried meat and leather works (to make it a Hunters Lodge), cabbage building has many cabbages and there's a carpet building now.

Might be worth looking into for the ECS

The hitboxes on the walls around the barrel you can stand on near stable-spawn seem much better as well - my perfect headshot was not foiled by an invisible wall sticking a foot out. For that alone I'd recommend using this updated version (if I'm not making it up). Other maps with some invisible wall issues are Verloren (at the alley end near stable) and Sandiboush (shooting over the top or from below the wall at graveyard), might be worth updating for anyone with the talent (not me).

OurGloriousLeader said:
The hitboxes on the walls around the barrel you can stand on near stable-spawn seem much better as well - my perfect headshot was not foiled by an invisible wall sticking a foot out. For that alone I'd recommend using this updated version (if I'm not making it up). Other maps with some invisible wall issues are Verloren (at the alley end near stable) and Sandiboush (shooting over the top or from below the wall at graveyard), might be worth updating for anyone with the talent (not me).
Aye, I changed that wall as well.

Hey guys,
Today I'm here to start arguing with the new rule which says former members of defeated teams can not join other teams. I don't want to make a drama, but seriously, what the ****?

pro.faiL said:
Hey guys,
Today I'm here to start arguing with the new rule which says former members of defeated teams can not join other teams. I don't want to make a drama, but seriously, what the ****?
The reasoning behind the rule seems quite sound to me. It's a team tournament. The concept of "team" gets a little warped if the remaining teams consistently take players from the defeated teams.

Back
Top Bottom