[ECS] Quarter Finals - Deadline 01/12

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Confirmed IG vs Legend and AE vs CoR. Congratulations to both of the teams which advance. Though I expect to see some screenshots on my desk by tomorrow morning  :mad:

I'm going to put on my thinking cap and try to solve this RNGD vs TK thing tomorrow.

I personally don't understand why it is allowed to delay the Tie-Breaker, it's like delaying the penalties session in a soccer match after a draw ... just non-sense, as long as both teams agreed on this date for this match... when you accept a date you should be prepared to play the match until it is over, or then it should be considered as a default win. There should be some proper rules about that.
Sorry about that but this is especially frustrating when you just fought yourself back with 6 wins in a row.

GG anyway, this was intense.

Asgeir said:
I personally don't understand why it is allowed to delay the Tie-Breaker, it's like delaying the penalties session in a soccer match after a draw ... just non-sense, as long as both teams agreed on this date for this match... when you accept a date you should be prepared to play the match until it is over, or then it should be considered as a default win.

Agree with this. Teams should be forced to play it today, because deadline, there should be no exceptions, otherwise default win.

relaXcz said:
Asgeir said:
I personally don't understand why it is allowed to delay the Tie-Breaker, it's like delaying the penalties session in a soccer match after a draw ... just non-sense, as long as both teams agreed on this date for this match... when you accept a date you should be prepared to play the match until it is over, or then it should be considered as a default win.

Agree with this. Teams should be forced to play it today, because deadline, there should be no exceptions, otherwise default win.
Gotta say, I agree with this. It's not fair on the other teams not knowing who their opponent will be. Not fair on the winner of this match, having to split their preparation.

Honestly, RNGD were ready to fight the tiebreaker and Teutonic shouldn't have left.

Captain Lust said:
relaXcz said:
Asgeir said:

Gotta say, I agree with this. It's not fair on the other teams not knowing who their opponent will be. Not fair on the winner of this match, having to split their preparation.

Honestly, RNGD were ready to fight the tiebreaker and Teutonic shouldn't have left.

Must say that I agree with this aswell. I even hear that an extended amount of time was use to discuss wether or not they should play which could easily have been used to play the few rounds it would've taken.

It would be a 8 vs 5 tie-break, some of us had to go. Please consider that it was 23:00 in turkey and 22:00 im france, which does make a difference.

relaXcz said:
Asgeir said:

Is beautiful quote Relax, I agree with Asgeir and Relax

FiSk31 said:
It would be a 8 vs 5 tie-break, some of us had to go. Please consider that it was 23:00 in turkey and 22:00 im france, which does make a difference.
If time is likely to be an issue, then make use of the break rules. Also read up on the tiebreaker rules and be ready to play them immediately. Nobody wants to see a match played under unfair circumstances but everyone agreed to the rules when they joined the tournament.

FiSk31 said:

I remember when Czech Republic fought in NC (I don't remember what year was that) versus USA and the match ended at 23:30 GMT (that's 0:30 for Czech, it was 20 rounds), so we had to play it to the end as we did. I can understand you, but you'd make a duel then, or you should play today as I said. You can't just put your match on Sunday 19:30 GMT, KURWA will wait for ending of your match and then someone will say that it's too late for playing, because you will end at 20:00 GMT, maybe later.

FiSk31 said:
So you would rather have a 4/5 vs 8 than a 8 vs 8 ?
You have to draw the line somewhere. At some point the team has to be judged incapable of adhering to the rules and needs to be prevented from further inconveniencing the other teams in the tournament, and the progression of the tournament as a whole.

Obviously everyone wants an 8vs8 but if a team can't provide 8 players when they're expected to do so, the question becomes irrelevant.

FiSk31 said:

I do not think this is a valid argument, as Lust said nobody here wants unfair matches, but this matter is purely yours, not ours.
Should i remind you the huge amount of time you took before starting the last 4 rounds? I remember that we played more than 4 rounds for fun while waiting for some of your players.
I think the mistake here is to see the Tie-Breaker as something apart from the original match, this is not, this is just like sudden-death, it shall be played with tension and pressure of the same instant.

At least you could admit that we could have played the few rounds it would have taken instead of debating for so long about what-why & how ? I remember not less than 9 players in TK still connected while we were discussing this matter.

relaXcz said:
FiSk31 said:

I remember when Czech Republic fought in NC (I don't remember what year was that) versus USA and the match ended at 23:30 GMT (that's 0:30 for Czech, it was 20 rounds), so we had to play it to the end as we did. I can understand you, but you'd make a duel then, or you should play today as I said. You can't just put your match on Sunday 19:30 GMT, KURWA will wait for ending of your match and then someone will say that it's too late for playing, because you will end at 20:00 GMT, maybe later.

Well, playing a day that doesn't suit us wouldn't be fair for us specially when we agreed to play on a day that fit for everyone (yesterday). I accepted yesterday to postpone the tie break at the condition we can have a week for it as we are not going to be able to play it during the week. Now, you must also consider that we won't be able to prepare correctly next stage match firstly because we havn't passed quarter finale yet, and we may not, secondly because we must now focus on this tie break which doesn't allow us to make a good preparation for maps and factions that are coming next. And it is not even our fault as we could have played the Tie break yesterday when Teutonics couldn't.

So yes, i must say that it wouldn't be fair that we had to play the Tie break and the semi finale in a row.

Ok ok given that next week end i'll be free, i'll duel for RNGD and we will win this  !

Postponing a Tie-Break it's pretty ridiculous but i'd like to think that we play this game basically for having fun and explore the extent of our own competitiveness, so playing 8 vs 5 it's not as good as defeating a team with 8 members. So see you next week.

For the sake of simplicity I think the different options of tie-breaker should be removed. Could keep the duel option if both teams agree, if not then move directly to default tie-breaking rules. I don't think any team will ever opt for replaying the last rounds as one side and/or faction will always be at disadvantage. Playing a 3rd map will most likely cause problems in the process of picking that map. If they teams can't agree they have to contact an admin (which shouldn't be necessary in a match imo) and then that admin have to make the choice which might end up being unfair if one team feel better on open map than closed and a close map is picked and visa versa.

FiSk31 said:

Just want to point out that, we waited something like 10 mins between the 3rd and 4th set cause of some of you being afks, and we had to ask you many times for an answer, then after the last spawn, you just kept saying that you couldn't play it for half an hour because some of your players had to go, while they were still on the server till the end of the discussion. Question of the year: Was it so difficult to end it there and just play immediately? And don't bring the time as an argument cause its just retarded as you were still on the server after 30 mins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom