-Denars
-Keep
-Castle
-Tower
-Roads
-Rented Land
-Nuclear Weapons

Chapter 1.) Building
First up is the best: Building your Empire! As you know there are two types of buildings, Economic & Factories. They are the King of this game within a game.

Buildings can only be built at four places:
Keep (Small Castle, Average Defense, Average Trade)
Castle (Castle, High Defense, High Trade)
Tower (Wooden Tower w/ Stone Bottom, Low Defense, High Trade)
Rented Land (You can rent land for several thousand Denars a Month at Cities)

The Keep can only build 3 Economic Buildings and 1 Factory Building.
The Castle can build as much as it can support.
The Tower can only build 1 Building.
1 Plot of Rented Land (2,500 Denars/Month) can only build 1 Economic Building and 1 Factory Building.

Every Building has two costs, the Construction Cost and the Maintainence Fee. The Building Cost covers the amount needed to buy the Materials, Tools, and a large amount of Denars to kick the building off the ground. The Maintainence Fee is a monthly fee that covers the amount needed to constantly pay for Materials, pay wages, repairal, and defend.

To build a Building:
1.) Go to Zendar, talk to the Constable. Complete the "Caravan Leader" quest, the "Caravan Route" quest, and the "Merchant" quest. Then speak with the Constable about "Owning Land".

2.) Go to a Lord. The Faction of the Lord determines who will pay better for your products. Ask about "Owning Land". Complete the "Castle Raid", "Castle Defense", and "Burn the Tower" quest. The Lord will give you 1,000 Denars, an Owner Mark, and a Land-Owner Ring.

3.) Show the Mark and Ring to a Mason. Buy a Tower (10,000 Denars), Keep (25,000 Denars), or Castle (50,000 Denars). A Caravan will spawn set to follow you. Move to the position where you want to set up the Building and talk to the Caravan (Towers can only be built on Roads, Castles must be built by Mountains). Select "Build" and pay the Construction Cost.

Construction Costs:
Tower : 25,000
Keep : 50,000
Castle : 100,000

4.) Wait for the Building to be completed, defend it until it is.
(Castle = 80 Days)
(Keep = 40 Days)
(Tower = 20 Days)

5.) Laugh and play! You now have the Hub for a building.

6.) To build a Building on a Castle, Keep, Tower, or Plot of Rented Land, go to the Location and talk to the Warden. Select a Building to buy, pay the Construction Cost, and wait for the construction to complete.

PS: When a Building is built 4 Roads will automatically be created to the 4 Nearest Cities.

Chapter 2.) Location
Location is important. You want to have a supply of a needed material near a demand for it. That way you get a lot of Denars quickly. Most Towns in demand of an item will pay twice as much as that item is usually. A Town goes into Demand when it has under 6 of those items. It goes into Supply when it has over 20 of those items.

Chapter 3.) Caravans & Routes
When you build a Building (Castle, Keep, Tower) you create a Patrol of Soldiers automatically. When you build an Economic Building or Factory you create a Caravan automatically. The Caravan is covered in the Maintainence Fee. You control every ascept of your Caravans by going to the "Home" of that Caravan and by using the menu. The Menu Options are different for Economic Buildings and Factories.

Economic Building:
Time to Wait before taking 2/3 of Storage to Sell: (1-? Days)
Amount of Time Allowed In Travel: (1-? Days)
Farthest Distance able to Travel before Selling: (1-? Days)
Trade With: (Vaegir, Swadian, All)
Avoid: (Vaegir, Swadian, None)
Lowest Selling Price: (0-?)

Production Building:
Time to Wait before taking 2/3 of Storage to Sell: (1-? Days)
Amount of Time Allowed In Travel: (1-? Days)
Farthest Distance able to Travel before Selling: (1-? Days)
Trade With: (Vaegir, Swadian, All)
Avoid: (Vaegir, Swadian, None)
Lowest Selling Price: (0-?)
Buy From: (Vaegir, Swadian, All, None, Player Only)
Highest Buying Price: (0-?)
Amount of Time Allowed to Gather Materials: (1-? Days)
Farthest Distance able to Travel before Gathering Materials: (1-? Days)

By using these Menus you can control nearly every aspect of your Caravan's trading operations. Remember, Caravan's always travel on roads!

Chapter 4.) Guards
Guards automatically spawn from Buildings in the form of "Patrol of Soldiers". However, they are not very strong. If attacked and win they bring their winnings back to their "Home" to deposit. If they lose, well, they are dead.

Chapter 5.) Denars
Denars are obviously money. However in trading they are also a symbol of power. Buildings (Keeps, Towers, Castles, Towns "NPC ONLY") have a counter that keeps track of Denars in their vault. When a certain amount of Denars are reached the Building Levels up, symbolising a gain of power. When a Building owned by the Player Levels up the Player gains the ability to select a stat which will increase that Building's power, through trade or offense.

Chapter 6.) Keep
The Keep is the medium of all greatness. It is roomy enough for 4 buildings, can be built anywhere, is expensive but not to expensive, and is defendable.

Chapter 7.) Castle
The Castle is the ultimate symbol of power. It can have as money buildings as it can support, with each building adding 1,000 to the Maintainence Fee. It can only be built within a Day's Ride of a Mountain, is extremely expensive, and is extremely defendable. All Hail one who controls a Castle!

Chapter 8.) Tower
The Tower is the beginning of a prosperous trading business. It can only support a single building and can only be built on roads. It is of low cost but has little protection. However, it has a high trade value due to its location on roads.

Chapter 9.) Roads
Caravans travel along Roads, Bandits set-up ambushs on them, Towers can only be built on Roads, Roads can cross rivers with bridges, Roads are connected to all towns. 'Nuff said.

Chapter 10.) Rented Land
Rented Land can be rented by anybody but it costs 2,500 Denars per Month. It can also only support 1 Economic and 1 Production Building. However, by placing it in a City with good trade you might win against these evils.

Chapter 11.) Nuclear Weapons
Mauhuauahahuauauha!

And finally, the son of all Evil, step-brother to Lucifer, and a Wednesday Poker player... PROFIT!

Alright, so you have a couple of towers along the road and are raking in the dough. You can expect to get anywhere from 2,000-4,000 Denars a Week from a single Keep. A Castle with 6-8 Buildings in a prime location will bring in 10,000 or so Denars a week. The Maintainence Fee for the Castle would be 10,000 a Month, plus the 6,000-8,000 (1,000 per Building) to support the buildings. And, roughly 4 Weeks x 10,000 = 40,000! Now, that is the flat profit of produced items, but:

40,000 - 17,000 (Maintainence Fee) = 23,000. Still, we made a pretty Denar, didn't we? 17,000 Denars a Month for a Castle. The Castle costed 50,000 to buy, so we will pay that off in 3 Months. The Construction Fee was 100,000, will way pay that off in 6 Months. So, in order to totally pay off your Castle you will need a succesful foundation for 6 ingame Months.

But, that is only the Castle. You also have a couple of Keeps, raking in ~3,000 a week = ~12,000 a Month. Then the Maintainence Fee = 5,000 a Month. So, a Keep can expect to make ~7,000 Denars a month.

Finally, the Tower. By the time you get a Castle you should have tons of these things all over roads acting as small outposts and trading posts. A single Tower can make ~2,500 a week = ~10,000 a Month. The Maintainence Fee would be 2,500 a Month. ~10,000 - 2,500 = ~7,500. A single Tower can expect to make 7,500 Denars a Month, more than a Keep! This is due to the Towers placement along Roads which grants a bonus to the items bought at the Tower itself and the items sold by Caravans from the Tower.

Once a Building gets off the ground the Economic Buildings or Factories will keep it in the air. The 7,500 from a single Tower, the 7,000 from a Keep, and the 17,000 from a Castle, are all yours. You can use put them in your Buildings to level them, use them to buy your own stuff, buy more buildings, upgrade existing ones, or just laugh about all the money you have.

But there is one final reason to get a ton of Denars...

The Bribe. The Bribe is a Chat option you can try on a town Lord. You say it and the Lord will instantly ask for an amount, anywhere from 75,000 to 500,000. If you don't have the Denars in under 24 hours at his feet than he will throw you in jail (if you are in town), declare you an enemy of the town (instant attack within 2 miles of town), and set the Faction Caravans to -2 against you. It is very risky.

But if you do have the Denars in 24 hours and give them to the Lord than you can do 3 things:

1.) "Hand over the Ring, relinquish your position as town Lord (Control of all town Profits & Caravans)."
Will spawn a special party full of guards and with the Lord as the leader. Highest Level Units only, the Lord is a super-unit with extremely strong armor, horse, weapon. If the party reaches the nearest faction town than you will be declared Enemy of the Faction.

2.) "80% of all profits from the town. Or else."
A Caravan will be dispatched every week to your nearest Building carrying the 80% of the profits that week.

3.) "Let me duel the Captain of the Guard. If I win, promote me to Captain of the Guard. If he wins, then you will die."
(Stacked Match: Captain of the Guard has blunt weapons & fake armor. You have real weapons and real armor. Haha.)

Captain of the Guard is a special position available in every town. Allows you control of any military party spawned from that town, including War Parties.

Note: Trying to bribe the Capital Lord, aka the King, will land you in prison instantly and when you exit you will be declared an enemy of the faction.
-8 to all things having to do with that faction (trade, caravans, faction). Your caravans will be attacked on sight. You will be attacked on sight. Your Buildings will be attacked on sight.

-Dvd

DVD, you want to join the Knights & Merchants mod?

http://forums.taleworlds.com/viewtopic.php?t=8557

Would unloading prisoners at your buildings reduce maintaince (since they work for minimum food only)? And have them slowly die off?

Poil said:
Would unloading prisoners at your buildings reduce maintaince (since they work for minimum food only)? And have them slowly die off?

Prisoners can only be unloaded at the Keep & Castle. They are given to Caravans leaving the Keep & Castle and sold for Denars at cities.

-Dvd

sheek said:

Two things:
1.) My name is Dvd. I know, I know, I am so picky. But still.
2.) I can't mod. I can do some models, but no textures. I cannot script or dig through the text files. I can Edit Scenes however and use OCD to my advantage when Editing. I can give some concept art (aka, once every blue moon), and a ton of concept writing.

So, still want me?

-Dvd

(:) Dvd (:) said:
sheek said:

Two things:
1.) My name is Dvd. I know, I know, I am so picky. But still.
2.) I can't mod. I can do some models, but no textures. I cannot script or dig through the text files. I can Edit Scenes however and use OCD to my advantage when Editing. I can give some concept art (aka, once every blue moon), and a ton of concept writing.

So, still want me?

-Dvd

Sure if you think you can help. There are scenes that need to be decorated but even just coming up with ideas would be good. It seems like you're putting a lot of work into how economics could be modded and that's what we're doing...

Oh I thought of something you could do. It would be good to have new meshes for different buildings - farm buildings, farm props, village stuff. It's not urgent or vital but it would make the mod look better. Also we need map icons...

It's up to you.

It is very interesting.

Anyway, what do you mean with Tower? I had an impression that it is a mill (windmill or watermill) or a trading post. Maybe you change Keep into tower and tower to something else (Keep is a main tower of a castle, technically).

And perhaps make these buildings cost a bit higher, or reduce the profit you can get from these fascilities. Otherwise, in my impression, Calradia will soon see a hundred towers and castles of yours. I know, you have calcurated everything down. But I don't think you're not sitting at one place, are you? You'll definitely travelling and hunting enemies, so the profit from this would be quite high.

It is also nice to have a shop in your place where you can drop your loot and let the merchant sell them for you.

edit: enemy party can be extremely high as the day goes. Once I saw a Swardian War Party with 344 troops. Includes 34 Knights, 100 men-at-arms. imagine the loot from this party!

Ryuta said:
It is very interesting.

Anyway, what do you mean with Tower? I had an impression that it is a mill (windmill or watermill) or a trading post. Maybe you change Keep into tower and tower to something else (Keep is a main tower of a castle, technically).

And perhaps make these buildings cost a bit higher, or reduce the profit you can get from these fascilities. Otherwise, in my impression, Calradia will soon see a hundred towers and castles of yours. I know, you have calcurated everything down. But I don't think you're not sitting at one place, are you? You'll definitely travelling and hunting enemies, so the profit from this would be quite high.

It is also nice to have a shop in your place where you can drop your loot and let the merchant sell them for you.

edit: enemy party can be extremely high as the day goes. Once I saw a Swardian War Party with 344 troops. Includes 34 Knights, 100 men-at-arms. imagine the loot from this party!

Well, the way I see it:

Tower: A simple wooden tower with a stone base. it is connected to a single building and placed along roads as a trading post.

Keep: A Keep is the main building of a Castle. However, it is also a good trading post and defense for a large amount of land.

Castle: An extremely fortified Keep.

-Dvd

All good ideas - from all 3 economy topics, but if these were to be added, the world map would (once again) have to be increased in size by 10 times or higher - otherwise everything would be right next to everything else, making it all somewhat pointless.

Skyrage said:
All good ideas - from all 3 economy topics, but if these were to be added, the world map would (once again) have to be increased in size by 10 times or higher - otherwise everything would be right next to everything else, making it all somewhat pointless.

Meh, yea.

-Dvd

Dont take me the wrong way - I want the world map to be increased by at least a factor of 10. I don't really like the fact that you can visit half a dozen towns within the span of a single day. I'd want to travel for several days before reaching a different town or village.

Bigger map = use of roads and whatever else you can fill the map up with - such as your ideas.

Drawback is that each town/village would have to be further expanded so that a player has lots of things to do and doesn't have to be forced to travel all the time.

Well, time compression is already in the game: notice what happens when you rest at a tavern. It just needs to be expanded so that it can be turned on/off while travelling as well.

Pretty much all good ideas in these 3 threads, by the way. :smile:

Back
Top Bottom