Economy HotIfx did the opposite

Users who are viewing this thread

@Flesson19 did you make more tests? How many of your caravans destroyed in your 3 year tests?

I also want to ask you something. While you are testing what you make speed of time passing? FF (5x) or more by cheat? I think this can also effect. It seems like using time constants like 20x-30x results in more caravan to be destroyed. I know this should not happen. Maybe there is a bug somewhere while calculating which party to catch which party in 20-30xs.
Quick question did you just run it for 3 years and not do anything else in the game see what the results were??

For anyone having issues with retrieving companions from destroyed caravans, an easy workaround if you have a fief is to set them as the governor and then remove them, it will move them to that settlement and you can grab them instead of traveling to get them.

There I think is the problem, We go right and grab them and send them back out, so there are 7 caravans on the map almost the entire time, if one gets captured let's say 60 days in then your only running 6 caravans for the rest of the time.
We send another right back out so there are 7, I think is why we are losing so many because you aren't running 7 caravans for 3 years and we are. I am 2 years into my test and when i lose one I go out and send him back out as you would playing a game, I have lost 4 in just under 2 years so far in my first test. In a normal game you don't let them sit in a town for a year or two, actually while typing this I just passed 2 years and lost my 5th caravan

Editing this with results till I see a response
Test your way lost 4 caravans
2nd test I stopped after 2 years losing 5 caravans
Now doing it the way we do in a game sending them back out as soon as they are captured
1st run 7 caravans lost
2nd run 8 caravans lost

How about a compromise,
we have a 15,000 regular caravan
a 22,500 caravan with higher tier troops(when they lose troops in battle and replace in town are this still higher tier troops???????
how about a 30,000 caravan with higher tier troops and 40 size limit, so you pay more and you have more upkeep with 10 more troops

Last edited:
For anyone having issues with retrieving companions from destroyed caravans, an easy workaround if you have a fief is to set them as the governor and then remove them, it will move them to that settlement and you can grab them instead of traveling to get them.
I don't normally do that stuff because it fells a little like cheating, not saying it is, but feels that way, like you can get bow and riding exp hitting friendly parties in a battle which shouldn't be intended.

I don't normally do that stuff because it fells a little like cheating, not saying it is, but feels that way, like you can get bow and riding exp hitting friendly parties in a battle which shouldn't be intended.
I agree, but until we have a basic mechanic to request companions to move to the settlement we want or the option to setup caravans remotely, its actually detrimental to run around trying to get them when trying keeping my kingdom alive. I'm pretty constantly in 2-3 wars, I make peace with one without tribute and a few days later i get war dec'd again by another. This is working as intended i believe as i own sturgia but only have a empire power of about 2.5k compared to most (undefeated) kingdoms who sit at around 5k, so I'm an easy target for everyone else. Another of my wishes similar to caravans is recruiting lords remotely through a messenger, would help once you get your kingdom up and going and wars are constant (hard to leave your kingdom when at war without losing a good chunk of territory).

I agree, but until we have a basic mechanic to request companions to move to the settlement we want or the option to setup caravans remotely, its actually detrimental to run around trying to get them when trying keeping my kingdom alive. I'm pretty constantly in 2-3 wars, I make peace with one without tribute and a few days later i get war dec'd again by another. This is working as intended i believe as i own sturgia but only have a empire power of about 2.5k compared to most (undefeated) kingdoms who sit at around 5k, so I'm an easy target for everyone else. Another of my wishes similar to caravans is recruiting lords remotely through a messenger, would help once you get your kingdom up and going and wars are constant (hard to leave your kingdom when at war without losing a good chunk of territory).
I agree with you 100%, it's a mechanic the game so use it. To me it's like taking your wife's gear, I don't normally do it however since I encountered my first wife to die in childbirth and finding out her gear goes with her I take it so it isn't wasted. So no mechanic to get her gear if lost. So I agree with ya, if it's in the game you can choose to do it.

I am copying this into a new post because I am not sure you got the last one and I spent 10 hours of testing yesterday and want to make sure you see all this

There I think is the problem, We go right and grab them and send them back out, so there are 7 caravans on the map almost the entire time, if one gets captured let's say 60 days in then your only running 6 caravans for the rest of the time.
We send another right back out so there are 7, I think is why we are losing so many because you aren't running 7 caravans for 3 years and we are. I am 2 years into my test and when i lose one I go out and send him back out as you would playing a game, I have lost 4 in just under 2 years so far in my first test. In a normal game you don't let them sit in a town for a year or two, actually while typing this I just passed 2 years and lost my 5th caravan

Now doing it the way we do in a game sending them back out as soon as they are captured
1st run 7 caravans lost
2nd run 8 caravans lost

How about a compromise,
a 22,500 caravan with higher tier troops(when they lose troops in battle and replace in town are this still higher tier troops???????
how about a 30,000 caravan with higher tier troops and 40 size limit, so you pay more and you have more upkeep with 10 more troops

I am copying this into a new post because I am not sure you got the last one and I spent 10 hours of testing yesterday and want to make sure you see all this

1st run 7 caravans lost
2nd run 8 caravans lost

How about a compromise,

Thanks for feedback. I also tested lots yesterday. And in 3 years I lost 2-3 caravans in average in your save file. I think it is not so important spawning them again because in most times I have active 5-6 caravans already. No big difference happens if I have 7. So in 3 years losing 2-3 caravans average is not big deal even losing 6 caravan is not big deal. They have huge income so system is balanced currently. Even you lose 7 caravans in 3 years you will continue making them because you know they are so profitable. We do not have to make them more OP. Now I need to pass war-peace calculations. They are far more important. About fish prices you posted yesterday. Some item's price average can be 1.5x in 1-2 years especially if you raid most fish villages but after some time they again be close to normal. I tested this previously lots and here is the chart, as you can see item price average for items can go up to 2x 3xs and then return lower values again; I accept there is general inflation in prices (about 50% in average in 10+ years) but its minor again compared to other problems :

4u80z.png

Thanks for feedback. I also tested lots yesterday. And in 3 years I lost 2-3 caravans in average in your save file. I think it is not so important spawning them again because in most times I have active 5-6 caravans already. No big difference happens if I have 7. So in 3 years losing 2-3 caravans average is not big deal even losing 6 caravan is not big deal. They have huge income so system is balanced currently. Even you lose 7 caravans in 3 years you will continue making them because you know they are so profitable. We do not have to make them more OP. Now I need to pass war-peace calculations. They are far more important. About fish prices you posted yesterday. Some item's price average can be 1.5x in 1-2 years especially if you raid most fish villages but after some time they again be close to normal. I tested this previously lots and here is the chart, as you can see item price average for items can go up to 2x 3xs and then return lower values again; I accept there is general inflation in prices (about 50% in average in 10+ years) but its minor again compared to other problems :
Caravan mssage heard, thank you

for the post about fish, I deleted the post as I was unsure to the exact cause of it, however I found out that since the 1.4.3 hotfix on 11/08 armies and small group of lords are now taking virtually taking all consumables when entering towns, and they don't have time to replenish supply before next army comes in and takes it all again. I know this was not an issue before that hotfix as I was in the middle of a trader playthrough so I have video of normal towns then towns empty on since yesterday, I did post in bug forums the issue, but it makes trading almost impossible there are are virtually no consumable trade goods to buy unless you get lucky and find a town and army or small group of lords haven't visited in a month.
This is my secend playthough I can't even continue, first one there are too many crashes from fighting and visiting casltes and now now this I can't do trading, but wanted to bring to your attention also if it is in your area of expertise,
thank you again for the hard work

Most of these crashes will be fixed with today's hotfix.

Thank you for your work too.
I guess with everything said, we could go ahead and mark this as solved. If I find anything else out I could start a new thread but I think we have covered it all so let's go resolved for now

4u80z.png

Isn't the original demand a little low? The food demand can't even maintain an army of 100 for a week, the other tradeable items are very low too, 17 hardwood base looks like a demand for a village not a city. I still think the base demand don’t represent very well a city. This is probably more subjective than an bug on the code tho, keep up the good work!

Ok mexxico I need to write this in 2 parts, I did re install to make sure game was perfectly running, Now my first point, I feel like the economy now is exactly what I said to start this thread. the patch did the opposite, i feel like something was done that corrected it and it is now running perfect as intended. End of this thread solved.
Now to my 2nd point and thread about lords. I noticed Lords were either taking too much stuff but then I thought maybe it is that villages after the 11/08 hotfix aren't producing enough food or it is the lords are taking too much, and I did notice they begin to starve between 3-5 days after leaving a town in an army. that says they are consuming too fast or not enough available to keep them from starving. I actually attacked an army of 200 and was shocked to find 800 prisoners, telling me they were starving. NOW that is on my 1200 day game which may be an issue.
So I am going to start a new play through to see how things are different from my last one since that one I posted all of it to Youtube as a play thorough so I have all the footage.
So my conclusion, I feel economy is done and perfect, as for the food(consumable) situation I will start a new play through to test but I ask if you can look into why my 1200 day game they take all food from towns driving prices through the roof and still starve, I can upload that, however, if you still have my save game it is close to the one I am doing, they are the same game just a few hundred turns different.
I think between the two of us we could figure this out in less than a day. Since it's been 2 days since I posted a problem and uploaded my save game file and no word yet.
Sorry for multiple posts but I feel like I am on the right track right now with this post, I am deleting the others since this contains all information from those other posts, I am starting the play through tonight. 13/08 23:00 GMT-5
I will get as much info as possible and post tomorrow.
Thanxs again

To me this food problem only happens in some cities, so I would say it is part of the economy (maybe the garrison is taking most part of the food in those cities?), but the starvation is a serious problem, I got a feeling the AI is just following the army blindly, without stopping during the travel to refill the food and/or the AI army isn’t stopping to refill. Many times I saw parties getting to my army with a lot of injuries troops.

To me this food problem only happens in some cities, so I would say it is part of the economy (maybe the garrison is taking most part of the food in those cities?), but the starvation is a serious problem, I got a feeling the AI is just following the army blindly, without stopping during the travel to refill the food and/or the AI army isn’t stopping to refill. Many times I saw parties getting to my army with a lot of injuries troops.
I sat in a town for 100 days, and watched as armies come in and slowly drain all resources, and before they can stock back up single lords come in and keep clearing them out. I know it's either lords are consuming goods too fast and need to replenish more everytime or there isn't enough produced by villages to supply the armies, wasn't this way before the hotfix on the 11th, I am 99% positive it will be one of the two, just gotta get the devs to figure it out. I got 2 play throughs on Youtube that are on hold till it gets worked on which sucks, no content to release.
But I hope this is done tomorrow to wait all weekend, would kind of get me going, not in a good way, since a hotfix created the bug and I told them exactly when with the refraction done it should be easier to detect the problem, I hope

I cannot understand problem you mentioned. Ai armies can buy hundreds of food. This is not problem and nothing changed there in latest patches. If you make a video explaining what is broken by showing problems maybe it helps. This way I cannot understand what is problem.

I cannot understand problem you mentioned. Ai armies can buy hundreds of food. This is not problem and nothing changed there in latest patches. If you make a video explaining what is broken by showing problems maybe it helps. This way I cannot understand what is problem.

I can also confirm that I have seen many armies in my game starve and slowly lose hundreds of troops as they attempt to buy more food (I think that is what they're trying to do, at least). I have watched armies go from 1200 troops to under 200 and I have even seen one army go all the way to zero and then disband.

I have only noticed this since 1.4.3

I will try and find it happening in my game and see if I can get a savegame file so you can check what is happening.

I can also confirm that I have seen many armies in my game starve and slowly lose hundreds of troops as they attempt to buy more food (I think that is what they're trying to do, at least). I have watched armies go from 1200 troops to under 200 and I have even seen one army go all the way to zero and then disband.

I have only noticed this since 1.4.3

I will try and find it happening in my game and see if I can get a savegame file so you can check what is happening.

Thanks. A save game helps much.

Back
Top Bottom