[ECL1] Semi-Final Fixtures

Currently viewing this thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killfacer

Marquis
WB
Best answers
0



European Challenge League




FIXTURES



Sem-Final Fixtures


Deadline is: 28/06/2015



Shariz Village
River Village
Sarranids vs Rhodoks
Vaegirs vs Nords













Knights of Malta

-

Battle Ready Orphans



















Fortunate Fustigators

-

The Turk




 

atilla_the_hun

Regular
Best answers
0
Killfacer said:
KO Stage and Semi-final fixtures are up. The maps were randomly selected from the pool.

Good luck mens and womens!
Apparently, you guys randomized the pool very well so that we are going to play same stupid map for second time consecutively (1/36 probability). Good job!
 

Kragen

Grandmaster Knight
WB
Best answers
0
Rules said:
For the knockout stage a pick/ban process, the same as the ECS, will be used. Factions will be preselected, as in the first stage.
  :?: :party:
 

xls

Squire
Best answers
0
Oh, I do like rematches :twisted: Could The Turks achieve victorious and get their revenge after ECS loss vs FF? Let's see :smile:
 

Watly

Grandmaster Knight
WB
Best answers
0
atilla_the_hun said:
Apparently, you guys randomized the pool very well so that we are going to play same stupid map for second time consecutively (1/36 probability). Good job!
1) Just because the chance is quite low, doesn't mean it can't happen with random numbers.

2) Your calculation is quite flawed: you take the situation in which you pick one "stupid" map and look at what the chance is that you get this map 2 weeks in a row. The problem with the calculation is: week 5 had already been set when the ecl semi-final fixtures were decided. Considering the map-pool of 5 closed maps, this would give a 1/5 chance to see this map again in the ECL-Semis. Sounds a lot better than 1/36, right?
 

atilla_the_hun

Regular
Best answers
0
Watly said:
2) Your calculation is quite flawed: you take the situation in which you pick one "stupid" map and look at what the chance is that you get this map 2 weeks in a row. The problem with the calculation is: week 5 had already been set when the ecl semi-final fixtures were decided. Considering the map-pool of 5 closed maps, this would give a 1/5 chance to see this map again in the ECL-Semis. Sounds a lot better than 1/36, right?
Yes, it seems i didn't count the fixed week 5 schedule but it is still odd that we will play same map twice in a row with same factions. And why don't we do pick/ban process as it is indicated in the rules section?
 

Killfacer

Marquis
WB
Best answers
0
Apologies for the confusion. I had intended on doing fixed maps for the entirety of the tournament. I'll amend the rules. Sorry again for the confusion.
 

Ahmet38

Squire
Best answers
0
Killfacer said:
Apologies for the confusion. I had intended on doing fixed maps for the entirety of the tournament. I'll amend the rules. Sorry again for the confusion.
changing rules for some absurd maps especially for semi finals... :facepalm:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.