Captain Ebereth Hillfort

Users who are viewing this thread

Great map! I like the design a lot. There's some fun places and it's a good mixup from the other maps while not being too compact like Streets of Syllianon (or however it's spelled).

I can't really comment on balancing because AI for archers is still broken while on top of objects, but hopefully this map won't devolve into a straight shock spam map.

Hello as of jan 28 to jan 31 I've been playing for 4 hours straight from those days and ive haven't got in Ebereth Hillfort and some of my friends haven't got in it too for a while was it removed from map rotation?

This seems to be a recurring issue, is it being accidentally left out of the update files every time a hotfix comes? Weird.
It also doesn't show up on the list for Clan Match battles either.

I can't really comment on balancing because AI for archers is still broken while on top of objects, but hopefully this map won't devolve into a straight shock spam map.
Unfortunately this is just what happened to it.

This map does look good, but it is one of the weirdest so far. I can safely say I have played it for around a dozen matches. For some reason Team 2 never seems to win, and I can't really explain why. But what I can tell is that T2 players always encourage each other to go only infantry/shock. People believe there is no space for T2 archers and they are guaranteed to be rushed down.

And here's a glitch that can trap bots and players:

lYkA4.png

My best bet is that it is somewhere around here, mind that your death camera control is very limited to be precise:

a7pRo.jpg

Two quick problems with the map:
1. The name is spelled "Hillforth" on the loading screen.

2. There is a tree which I have been calling "the horse tree" for some time. Horse AI will attempt to run through the tree located at C causing it to be covered in horses that have run off after their rider died. This was a nice little free horse pick up zone but recently I have noticed that it does not trap only fleeing horses, but cav and ground troops also. The AI appear to path-find through the tree causing them to be stuck walking into it.

This map is just mele inf map. Cav can't do anything cause it's too much crowded here (and I personally love that, I love less players who chose cav on this map even when whole team screams not to), archers have some good spots, but before they reach them, mele units will be just meters before them, archers with inf support? nah, still loses with more inf in most cases. One archer for a team when you play with faction with good multi arch could do something, 2-4 archers could be only won when whole team knows what's they doing and enemy team is dumb.

Well yeah. But you can design a close range map where archers are good. They have to be harder to access.

The other games in this genre managed to make archers and infantry viable on smaller maps because they were willing to make balance decisions that said "archers are really good in this spot."

There's a ton of hard cover on Hillfort, the archer spots are easily reached by enemies from multiple directions, and the archers spots don't offer very good sightlines to begin with. On top of that, archers are easily distracted by extremely suboptimal shots (like shooting shields or targeting an enemy standing behind a wall or a captain doing basically anything to distract them). If archers were controllable you could have them shoot the line of unshielded shock headed at them through the open.

This map also needs a barrier on the storm cellar for this house, AI will target captains on top of the house
po3G3Tc6j
Theres also a tree that traps units and horses, once they path into it they are liable to get stuck
pmfIEj6Fj

Last edited:
This map also needs a barrier on the storm cellar for this house, AI will target captains on top of the house
po3G3Tc6j
@Dejan Please but a barrier on this house or ask the correct person to put a barrier on this house. This out of bounds glitch has an effect on virtually every battle that someone decides to jump up there, it distracts AI and offers a position to jump into the backline. This glitch is worse than others because it can affect every match. If an exploiter wants to use this exploit they can use it consistently because it is right next to the main fighting area in this map.

Additionally there's this spot where you can glitch all the AI into focusing you.

Ima be honest, I spent a while looking for glitch spots in FI2 when I did maps for them, and finding these glitch spots should have been trivial. You'd notice them on the first pass.

yaWbuJH.png

Back
Top Bottom