EatRC love and post your party

Users who are viewing this thread

Fawkstar

Recruit
Howdy.  Love this mod, it's really got me back into M&B.  Fiddled around with a couple characters until I happened upon one that is really fun.

Decided to make a highly charismatic mercenary character so I could afford payroll all those costly mercs.  Nice advantage to high cha. is taking loads of prisoners, you make bank with them in this mod!

Signed on with the ormeli's for the mounted archers, and fitted myself and a bunch of companions as mounted gunmen.  Ranged cavalry circles the opponent to break enemy lines and distract while the White Wolf Mercs charge in and slaughter everything.  Works really well and tons of fun.

What party combos do you use and what tactics make them shine?

Well, as a xeno-phobic, anti-auxillary fanatic of the Lion's Throne, I use only Lion Throne Standard Bearers, Propugnators, and Cavalry of the Radiant Cross. I lead the cavalry charge ( I usually have 20 to 25 cavalry), with my spear of god, Brunhild, the Redeemer, and every once in a while, the hand cannon. Me and my cavalry usually keep them busy, and once things get a little too hairy, I pull them out, then swarm them with the infantry. Has worked out pretty well so far, and I have had fairly low casaulties.

Well, my tactics on the field and for siege differ. I never take more than 100 troops with me. Also, I only use Lion Throne troops.
On the open field I take an army of cavalry, archers, and ranged cavalry, usually in the following numbers:
1. 30 Cavalry of the Radiant Cross
2. 20 Ptian Cavalry
3. 20 Gunter-Piedmont Gunners
4. 30 Kara-Khitan Archers

For a siege I use Infantry and Archers only:
1. 40 Propugnators of the RC
2. 10 Bearers of the RC
3. Same as open field.
4. Same as open field.

Fielding these armies, I Lead in the same armor as my Cavalry of the RC Brethren, using a balanced lance, Ellisian shield, and a balanced fighting pick.

General; as a melee only hero, do you ever get really frustrated fighting ranged cavalry or storming castles?

For the Laurians, I use about 1/4 arquebusiers, 1/4 pikemen and rodeleros and 1/2 mounted gunners (Herrulos?) I get the arquebusiers onto a hill, with the infantry at the base of it. I let the enemy come about half way, I ride around behind them with my cavalry, so the enemy is being shot at from both sides. This works well against everyone except the Ormelis and the Imperial State. Against the Imperial State, I get all my soldiers to use melee weapons and just charge. Against Ormeli, I send my cavalry out to attack, put my arquebusiers and infantry together on a hill and hope for the best.

Back
Top Bottom