Eating food in taverns

Users who are viewing this thread

lolbash

Master Knight
maybe heres a new feature if we can sit down and pay 2 denars to have our characther eat medieval oatmeal that would be great

lolbash said:
maybe heres a new feature if we can sit down and pay 2 denars to have our characther eat medieval oatmeal that would be great
As long as the animation ends in one second or less, I wouldn't mind, but I have no intention of watching my monitor for an hour while he finishes his meal.

NPC99 said:
However, I can't see any value in an eating animation.
It's a social thing. Conducting yourself as if you're part of the group makes the people around you more comfortable and open to conversation. This can easily be represented in the social enviroments of bannerlord.

For instance, there's a companion in warband(forgot his name) who asks you to get a drink and sit with him before he tells you his story. What if little interactions like that actually meant something?

Lord Brutus said:
lolbash said:
As long as the animation ends in one second or less, I wouldn't mind, but I have no intention of watching my monitor for an hour while he finishes his meal.

What about an animation that goes on indefinitely but can also be cancelled at any time? You buy a meal, you sit down, you activate the animation. When you're bored, you deactivate the animation and get up.

Well it's already been shown in one of the very first "playthroughs" with Lust, that you can sit down next to people in the taverns. So sitting is a thing, huzzah! :razz:

Lord Brutus said:
lolbash said:
NPC99 said:
I can't see any value in an eating animation.

Would you rather the NPCs all stand single file like in Warband?
Nobody, not even you, was talking about NPC's.  You specifically mentioned "our character."  And no, I don't want to waste my time watching my character eat lunch.

Read NPC99’s post. I highly doubt you are not fluent in English. NPC99 was arguing against the inclusion of adding in eating animations, so I offered an example why.

lolbash said:
Lord Brutus said:
lolbash said:
NPC99 said:

Nobody, not even you, was talking about NPC's.  You specifically mentioned "our character."  And no, I don't want to waste my time watching my character eat lunch.

Read NPC99’s post. I highly doubt you are not fluent in English. NPC99 was arguing against the inclusion of adding in eating animations, so I offered an example why.
Read your own post.  You mentioned only "our character."  I don't want to watch my character eat lunch.

Lord Brutus said:
lolbash said:
Lord Brutus said:
lolbash said:
NPC99 said:

Read your own post.  You mentioned only "our character."  I don't want to watch my character eat lunch.

go ahead, keep ignoring the existence of NPC99’s post

lolbash said:
Lord Brutus said:
lolbash said:
Lord Brutus said:
lolbash said:
NPC99 said:

go ahead, keep ignoring the existence of NPC99’s post

I was refering to player character animations. NPC eating animations are fine. I added the excellent tavern drinking animations by Daedalus/Slawomir of Aaarrghh to my own WFaS mod. Also, TW have alreay shown us BL’s new NPC tavern animations, leaving no doubts about those.

Eating in taverns, it's good honestly only if they made it to restore your hp and quickly you get a pop up saying that you finished eating (like in WFAS) and restored hp.

Lord Brutus said:
If you want to watch yourself eat, prop a mirror up behind your plate.

You just gave me an idea. :grin:

Back
Top Bottom