OSP 3D Art Eastern items OSP [Updated to v1.5]

Users who are viewing this thread

Brego said:
A lot of nice armors/horses here! :grin:

Just some things. You should use mipmaps on all the textures in this pack, especially those who have chain mail. You should also compress the files with dxt1 instead of dxt5, to increase performance. And another thing; you have used a 2048x2048 texture sheet on only one shield, the texture of the shield then has a size of 4MB(which is ridiculously high for a shield). You could at least go down to 1024x1024 without noticing much difference on the quality, though if you look at the native shields, they have like 8 shields spread over one 1024x1024 sheet, but I'm not sure if it loses much quality of you go down to 512x512 or 768x768.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try that. Concerning shields... The 2048x2048 sheet was initially at 512x512, the texture in game was visibly poorer, I have one preview so you could compare these two:

512x512
mb9t.jpg

2048x2048
mb4wc.jpg

I will try 1024x1024(golden middle) and see how it goes. Mipmaps and dxt1 too. Actually there are three shields in 2048x2048.  :smile:

Thanks.  :smile:

Cool stuff mate. :smile: I like seeing more saracen stuff in Warband. If you happen to need some sourcebooks for inspirations, hit me up and I can send them your way.

Sahran said:
Cool stuff mate. :smile: I like seeing more saracen stuff in Warband. If you happen to need some sourcebooks for inspirations, hit me up and I can send them your way.

Thanks for the offer man.  :grin: I'm working on some native armor variants at the moment, if I get stuck with ideas I'll surely hit you up.  :razz:

Thanks guys, I really don't think my textures are something special(for example... compared to Narf's work, I think mine are a piece of crap)... but I'm happy you like them.  :smile:

Al_Mansur said:
Nice pack  :grin: I like this helmet:
mb25.jpg

Personnally I will make an Andalusian/North African arms & armors pack when I have enough time.

Thanks.  :smile:

That would be something new...  :eek: I'd really like to see that kind of items in M&B.  :razz:

Back
Top Bottom