East India Company

Users who are viewing this thread

Ben Hussey

Sergeant Knight
Stumbled across this game, magnificant graphics and a gameplay I've heard as described as "a cross between sid meiers pirates and oblivion" but with a hyper realistic historical setting.
The basic idea is you start of as a naval officer, then choose to become a pirate, merchantman (i.e. east india company) or continue in one of the major powers navies.

Anyway, I'll let the screenshots speak for themselves.

http://www.eic-game.com/screenshots/EIC_Screen_06.jpg
http://www.eic-game.com/screenshots/EIC_Screen_03.jpg
http://www.eic-game.com/screenshots/shot_13.jpg

p.s. - those screens, probably the best water texture I've ever seen.

At least looks nice!

Ealdormann Hussey said:
"a cross between sid meiers pirates and oblivion"
How is it Oblivion? Looks to me more and a bit more like Pirates:
[quote author=Nitro Games]
In strategic level, manage your fleets, ports and trading routes. Open diplomatic relations or declare war to your rivals.

Fight spectacular naval battles in tactical level: Command one ship directly and give orders to rest of the fleet.

Accomplish tasks required by your company or the Crown.

Ship classes include ships like schooner, sloop, brig, brigantine, east indiaman, frigate and ship-of-the-line.

Hire special characters like naval surgeon, artillery officer and marine snipers to boost your fleets abilities.

Sink the enemy or take their ships in bloody boarding actions.

Create empire that will overshadow all others both in wealth and military power."

Looks awesome!

You can be Sweden! That's even awesomer!

I don't see how this is like Oblivion, though.

Also, screw Sid Meiers Pirates. (Not saying it's bad, not at all. Pirates rocks.) This looks more like Pirates of the Caribbean (The game) or Age of Pirates.

:roll:

Empire total war covers the period of the 18th - 19th Centuries.

The East India Companies operated in the 17th - 19th Centuries.

Ship designs in the 17th - 19th centuries being identical, it's a bit frigging hard to see how they could make them look different.

Bloody hell.

Sounds like my dream game. I've always wanted to play somthing which captures the wonderful feel of the era in the way Patrick O'Brian does... a proper deep deep deep ship command simulator.. that's looking after a single ship (which should be work enough).. none of this usually unrealistic fleet command stuff where you sacrifice depth... (And besides Empire:Total War seems to be exciting people more by the "omg American revolution" factor than anything else.. and people wanting to do things "because Jack Sparrow did"... and has pikes and bayonets on the same battlefield *Sigh*)

Not sure about the idea of the EIC dominating land and sea warfare... who's up for a mod which lets us become the new Cochrane of the Royal Navy? :p At any rate, we'll hang the first person to mention Pirates of the Carribean from the yardarm. If the EIC is good enough for Tom Pullings it's good enough for me.

Now you really must finish PN Hussey :razz:

*watches with extreme interest*

Oh yes..

To glory we call you as free men not slaves, for who are so free as the sons of the waves!

Arrr, three more exams then tis full steam/sail ahead!

Heart of oak are our ships, jolly tars are our men,
we always are ready; Steady, boys, steady!
We'll fight and we'll conquer again and again.

Hmmm, I know the next two verses but I'm pretty sure there's three more...

Oh yes, playing Cochrane would be the shizzle, or James Brook, though he was a bit later.

Archonsod said:
Dain Ironfoot said:
Not sure about the idea of the EIC dominating land and sea warfare...
Well, the British East India company did only own half of India after all ....

Hardly sea warfare though, the EIC only has a few frigates and sloops, the actual fighting was left to the Royal Navy.

Back
Top Bottom