• pretty good.

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • eh, it was alright...

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • This tutorial was terrible!

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

This is an unofficial tutorial on how to fix the issue of fiefs not cooperating on Thorgrim's Map editor.

Earlier, I had asked the question,
The Sarranid Icons do not exist when I am working with Thorgrim's map editor, is there a way to change the icon to that of another town i.e. Dhririm, so the icon would actually show up when editing?

Thanks to Ikaguia, the area of the code was located that changed the type of icon that was assigned to the fief. So my question was answered, but I decided to take it a step further and solve the main issue that so many people complain about.

Most of the villages cannot be selected and moved on Thorgrim's map editor. Well, this tutorial solves that issue, and I thought that I would just make a tutorial so hopefully nobody else will have to ask the same questions again!

ALRIGHTY! Lets get to it!

NOTE: This tutorial does not require the module system or python. Just the regular parties txt.

Step 1. Go to your parties txt. file

Once you have located this file, open it. You will need to scroll down a little ways to get to the files we want to look at. You will know you are in the correct area when you begin to see names of towns showing up like Sargoth or Jelkala.

If you see castles or villages, just scroll up a little, we will deal with those soon enough!

Step 2. Change the icon number.

After each town name, you will see a bunch of numbers. You want to select the group that comes RIGHT AFTER the town name. For example when you look at Jelkala, the number right after it is 4219916. This is the ID for the icon you see for a lot of the towns including all of Swadia, Nords, and Rhodoks. If you have any experience on Morgrim's Map editor, you will know that this type of town is easily movable, without any issues. Also, just note that the snowy towns are movable as well, so you don't need to change those if you don't want.

HOWEVER. You will notice that some towns have a different number, such as the Sarranid and Khergit towns. These towns cannot be moved, at least in my experience, without a lot of work. In fact, the Sarranid icons don't even HAVE icons on the editor, which is really really annoying. SO, to fix this, simply copy the ID behind Jelkala or any other fief of the same type, and replace the ID next to the towns you want to change. This will automatically switch their ID to the new type, and you will be able to freely move it on the editor!

Step 3. Whew that was Easy, but wait. There's more!

Another issue I and many others have experienced is the annoyingly small selecting area on the villages, which makes them nearly impossible to move, and once again, the sarranid villages aren't there at all. Well, we can fix this in just about the same way as we did the towns! This time, you HAVE to copy one of the villages with the SNOWY icon, which has proven to be movable. So, essentially do as we did before, and change each village to the snowy type, and they should all be movable once you access the map editor.

Step 4. Changing them back.

You literally just change them back to what they were before. To avoid any mistakes, make sure you save the code for each type of icon in case you forget and type the wrong number.

WARNINGS: This is something that consistently happens that I cannot explain, but never fear, it won't be an issue. If you try to log onto an actual single player game, WITHOUT changing the fiefs back, the villages will automatically switch back to their original icon.

SO WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?!
It just means that you have to do the entire editing and fief moving BEFORE you log on. Simple as that. My suggestion is to copy the party file of the original as a back up, and also keep a back up of the changed file, so you will have both versions in case something bad happens.

What is that you say? You want to add or remove a fief entirely? Well, in that case, I would suggest checking out this tutorial by xPearse. https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,249781.0.html

I would like to again, thanks Ikaguia for basically making this entire tutorial possible. He is the one who located the correct numbers to change.

If you have issues, or if there is a mistake within the tutorial, feel free to reply with the issue and I will try to address it as soon as I can.

Oh by the way, in case you have issues, here is a list of the different types of icons in the native fief list.
(Not gonna include castles because all icons of this fief type are easily moved)

Regular Town such as Jelkala: 4219916 (The type that you can move easily)

Snowy Towns such as Curaw: 4219938 (Also movable, so you might as well not change it)

Khergit Towns such as Tulga: 4219917 (You will need to edit this type to move it)

Sarranid Towns like Shariz: 4219918 (The worst ones. Don't even have icon on editor  :evil:)

Snowy Villages like Mazen: 2114584 (When it comes to moving villages, this is what you want!)

Regular Villages like Nomar: 2114575 (CAN WORK, but not usually, so I would change em)

Sarranid Villages like Aab: 2114577 (These guys are invisible so you MUST change them)

Thanks for reading this tutorial, I hoped it answered some questions! Happy Modding everyone!

This is an unofficial tutorial on how to fix the issue of fiefs not cooperating on Thorgrim's Map editor.

Earlier, I had asked the question,

Thanks to Ikaguia, the area of the code was located that changed the type of icon that was assigned to the fief. So my question was answered, but I decided to take it a step further and solve the main issue that so many people complain about.

Most of the villages cannot be selected and moved on Thorgrim's map editor. Well, this tutorial solves that issue, and I thought that I would just make a tutorial so hopefully nobody else will have to ask the same questions again!

ALRIGHTY! Lets get to it!

NOTE: This tutorial does not require the module system or python. Just the regular parties txt.

Step 1. Go to your parties txt. file

Once you have located this file, open it. You will need to scroll down a little ways to get to the files we want to look at. You will know you are in the correct area when you begin to see names of towns showing up like Sargoth or Jelkala.

If you see castles or villages, just scroll up a little, we will deal with those soon enough!

Step 2. Change the icon number.

After each town name, you will see a bunch of numbers. You want to select the group that comes RIGHT AFTER the town name. For example when you look at Jelkala, the number right after it is 4219916. This is the ID for the icon you see for a lot of the towns including all of Swadia, Nords, and Rhodoks. If you have any experience on Morgrim's Map editor, you will know that this type of town is easily movable, without any issues. Also, just note that the snowy towns are movable as well, so you don't need to change those if you don't want.

HOWEVER. You will notice that some towns have a different number, such as the Sarranid and Khergit towns. These towns cannot be moved, at least in my experience, without a lot of work. In fact, the Sarranid icons don't even HAVE icons on the editor, which is really really annoying. SO, to fix this, simply copy the ID behind Jelkala or any other fief of the same type, and replace the ID next to the towns you want to change. This will automatically switch their ID to the new type, and you will be able to freely move it on the editor!

Step 3. Whew that was Easy, but wait. There's more!

Another issue I and many others have experienced is the annoyingly small selecting area on the villages, which makes them nearly impossible to move, and once again, the sarranid villages aren't there at all. Well, we can fix this in just about the same way as we did the towns! This time, you HAVE to copy one of the villages with the SNOWY icon, which has proven to be movable. So, essentially do as we did before, and change each village to the snowy type, and they should all be movable once you access the map editor.

Step 4. Changing them back.

You literally just change them back to what they were before. To avoid any mistakes, make sure you save the code for each type of icon in case you forget and type the wrong number.

WARNINGS: This is something that consistently happens that I cannot explain, but never fear, it won't be an issue. If you try to log onto an actual single player game, WITHOUT changing the fiefs back, the villages will automatically switch back to their original icon.

SO WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?!
It just means that you have to do the entire editing and fief moving BEFORE you log on. Simple as that. My suggestion is to copy the party file of the original as a back up, and also keep a back up of the changed file, so you will have both versions in case something bad happens.

What is that you say? You want to add or remove a fief entirely? Well, in that case, I would suggest checking out this tutorial by xPearse. https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,249781.0.html

I would like to again, thanks Ikaguia for basically making this entire tutorial possible. He is the one who located the correct numbers to change.

If you have issues, or if there is a mistake within the tutorial, feel free to reply with the issue and I will try to address it as soon as I can.

Oh by the way, in case you have issues, here is a list of the different types of icons in the native fief list.
(Not gonna include castles because all icons of this fief type are easily moved)

Regular Town such as Jelkala: 4219916 (The type that you can move easily)

Snowy Towns such as Curaw: 4219938 (Also movable, so you might as well not change it)

Khergit Towns such as Tulga: 4219917 (You will need to edit this type to move it)

Sarranid Towns like Shariz: 4219918 (The worst ones. Don't even have icon on editor :evil:)

Snowy Villages like Mazen: 2114584 (When it comes to moving villages, this is what you want!)

Regular Villages like Nomar: 2114575 (CAN WORK, but not usually, so I would change em)

Sarranid Villages like Aab: 2114577 (These guys are invisible so you MUST change them)

Thanks for reading this tutorial, I hoped it answered some questions! Happy Modding everyone!
Thank you very much, friend. It was exactly what I was needing and looking for. You saved me.

But what about castles and training camps? Also, when I try replacing the icons as the tutorial says, all villages get a 'snowy' town icon, Haringoth Castle gets a 'caravan' icon, and Training Camps don't have an icon at all. :neutral:

Back
Top Bottom