B Tutorial Presentation Easily create your own in-game fonts — step by step, /w pictures

Users who are viewing this thread

If one adheres to the tutorial, they will do well. However, one issue might arise pertaining to character spacing. In order to mitigate it, one should make use of input boxes found on the webpage (XML converter). They should not be overlooked and a user should pay special attention to them.

Big thanks to Swyter who quickly replied to my messages even at night with possible resolutions of the issue which had emerged.

The widescreen resolution brakes font width. Is there any quick fix? I have the font, but don't know originall name of this font. I suppose editing dds file manually is the only solution. But it's a huge amount of work. This is just Warband engine but can somebody help?

P.S. Warband widescreen also changes width of meshes. They became flattened.

Last edited:
Hi, Vetrogor. As far as I know this aspect ratio stretching issue was only a thing in the original game, but only for menus and 2D overlays (not normal 3D gameplay) and they fixed it for Warband.

There should be some kind of automatic pillarboxing support. Other than that you shouldn't need to adjust the fonts to compensate. Check out the display modes in the launcher and try to use a more traditional one, or experiment with the (resizable) windowed mode.

If everything is squished, like when using a 16:9 resolution on a 4:3 screen then please post some screenshots here to get a better idea of what's happening. We can help.

Last edited:
Making Mount&Blade II modding tutorials in 2013 just to stay ahead of the curve. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In any case half of the tutorial is about how bitmap fonts work and best practices, this can be probably extrapolated to other games and situations. There might be some worthwhile background info in there.

Back
Top Bottom