SP - General Easier companion recruitment

Users who are viewing this thread

Basic suggestion: Spawn a companion on demand

Beside the current companion, let us recruit on demend. Could be something simelar to below conversation with tavern-keepers:

Me: I´m looking for labourcraft
TK: What are you looking for?
Options:
I´m looking for a merchant.
I´m looking for a steward
I´m looking for a leader
ETC.
TK: What level of experience?
Options(Flavourextenstion: Improve the descriptions ) :
Low
Medium
High
TK: OK. For 200/1000/5000 gold I´ll see what I can do.
Options(Pay or reject)
(if payed): TK: Thank you. Come back and talk to me in a few days

Player gets a quest to return to the tavern in 2-20 days.

When you return to TK, he introduces you to .. someone!
A "low XP" companion is about 20 years old, level 5, low skills(~25 - 45) but decent number of focuspoints in the desired areas
A "medium XP" companion is 30 years old, level 10, medium skills(~50 - 95) and OK progression setup in decired areas
A "High XP" companion is 40 years old, level 15, high skills(~100 - 170) and restricted progression setup in decired areas

Have a companion template for each of them and a backstory - more general and stable than for the other companions.

They are more expensive than hiring companions.
TK might fail to find a medium or high and offers a Low/Medium instead
You may extend the search for another 50/100/500 gold, which resets the quest.

When you are happy, you get the usual companion dialogue. They tell their backstory and you can hire them, paying zero additional gold.

Flavourextention: Create the look for the charachter by entering the charachter creation screen.

Here you can even have an option to put some focus outside of the expertice area.

What we are really missing is being able to look at their character sheet before hiring. The notebook only highlights what skills they think they excel in but most cases are mediocre in.

That said, I really love your idea of a companion guild, +1

Back
Top Bottom