Earn your banner?

Do you want to earn the banner?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

You get the banner right at the beginning after the character creation and everyone just accepts it as rightful. That makes it feel like a worthless piece of cloth, not like the banner of a proud nobleman. In warband you had to fulfill certain criteria to obtain it, which made sense and made it feel like an actual achievement, not something that every peasant in calradia can make up.

Last edited:
Sure, you can edit your banner at the beginning of the game, but your character doesn't hold it. Actually doesn't the banner apear in your character's hand after getting to clan tier 1? That means 50 or 100 renown?

I think only kings, vassels, and merc parties should have the right to wave their banners. And when I say merc party, I mean the player shouldn't get to wave their banner until they become one of the 3. A random warband even with high renown, is still just a random band of warriors. Nobody should have the right to wave their colors until officially tied into the service of a faction.

You get the banner right at the beginning after the character creation and everyone just accepts it as rightful. That makes it feel like a worthless piece of cloth, not like the banner of a proud nobleman. In warband you had to gain a certain amount of renown to obtain it, which made sense and made it feel like an actual achievement, not something that every peasant in calradia can make up.
you are absolutely right, if we could get it right away, it would be meaningless

I think only kings, vassels, and merc parties should have the right to wave their banners. And when I say merc party, I mean the player shouldn't get to wave their banner until they become one of the 3. A random warband even with high renown, is still just a random band of warriors. Nobody should have the right to wave their colors until officially tied into the service of a faction.
Well said

You get the banner right at the beginning after the character creation and everyone just accepts it as rightful. That makes it feel like a worthless piece of cloth, not like the banner of a proud nobleman. In warband you had to gain a certain amount of renown to obtain it, which made sense and made it feel like an actual achievement, not something that every peasant in calradia can make up.

In warband if you choose you character to be a poor nobleman you had the banner form the start. But they can make a option if you want or not the banner from the start.

Last edited:
There is lot to be said about forced main quest and character background too. What I find myself doing is that I make most simple banner possible and once I create kingdom or become vassal I upgrade it to be in "noble standards". It reinforces the idea that the banner is just doodling of wannabe noble until it isn't.

There is lot to be said about forced main quest and character background too. What I find myself doing is that I make most simple banner possible and once I create kingdom or become vassal I upgrade it to be in "noble standards". It reinforces the idea that the banner is just doodling of wannabe noble until it isn't.

It seems comvenient to be able to change the banner whenever you want, but that lets you take it even less serious, its sad that especially the banner in bannerlord is given such a trifling role.

Anyone can get a piece of cloth, put a logo on it, and tie it to a stick. Why should we be restricted to being "famous enough" to be allowed to have a banner? It would be a silly and unrealistic restriction in my view, especially given the whole "clan" thing that M&B is based around now.

There are far better ways that fame "rewards" could be implemented than taking our flags away.

Anyone can get a piece of cloth, put a logo on it, and tie it to a stick. Why should we be restricted to being "famous enough" to be allowed to have a banner? It would be a silly and unrealistic restriction in my view, especially given the whole "clan" thing that M&B is based around now.

There are far better ways that fame "rewards" could be implemented than taking our flags away.

It would be silly and unrealistic to only grant banners to real nobleman, like it was actually done in medieval times? What do you think is the reason there are banners? The whole point of banners is to show that you are a nobleman of noble ancestory.

Back
Top Bottom