Early version of TEATRC's map of the world

Users who are viewing this thread

*CLICK TO ENLARGE*

:grin:
Made by the awesome, incredible and sexy Jan Boruta.
It's still not finished, as some of the names on this one have been changed and he is editing it. Once it's done it will be put on another topic with the factions.
BUT the reason for this early topic is not only to show everyone jan's amazing work, but to suggest about it. At the moment it shows only the political divison, the idea is to add more info about the geography and other stuff.
Feel free to suggest anything, specially about the geography: rivers, mountains, etc and names for them.

Nikephoros said:
And Bermia?

Where's Bermia?  :mrgreen:
It's the orange-red striped area, between the Laurian lands and the Halmar Union (white).

This is an *early* beta version of the map. Many names are not in place, because they simply don't exist. This is why we wait for your suggestions for anything geographical - and for some names of uncharted tribes as well! :grin:

(find a nice geographical font and use it. Handwriting is good, but it has to be especially nice handwriting. :wink: Also, Jan, if you wanted to use a less hardcore (and maybe higher res ) texture, I have quite a few grunge/old paper/parchment textures I could send you. Also if you needed some PS tips...)

/stops acting like a "knows-everything" douche.

Merlkir said:
find a nice geographical font and use it.
Yep, this is my intent :smile: I drew the map at school, all the names will be replaced with clean, neat-o font.. :razz: And I'm quite content with the texture, though.

What tips are you talking about? :twisted:

My thoughts on the Lion Throne after seeing their real territory:

"FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK"

Also, I'd use a different color on either the water or the Lion Throne territory, so that you can really tell which part is water and which part is land.

Tiberius said:
Also, I'd use a different color on either the water or the Lion Throne territory, so that you can really tell which part is water and which part is land.
That's an issue to fix, I'll play with the colours. :smile:

Tiberius said:
My thoughts on the Lion Throne after seeing their real territory:

"FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK"
The idea is that it extends even further to the south, the map only shows the known world to the calradians  :razz:

TigerVX said:
Whats the pink area south of the Ormeli and the Duchy? Doesn't seem to have a label.

That's the Khergit Khanate. Jan will add all the labels once it's finished.

The map looks a little sketchy, maybe after you add some mountains and stuff to it, it'll look more geographically pleasing.

Yeah I was wondering what those idiot Bermian's were blabbing about when they said we don't get the big picture, but now that I see the Lion Empire....Yeah we are screwed.

Imperials: "We are going to need a LOT more guns."

Edit:  I also noticed you spilled coffee on the map, tsk tsk.

So, the purpose of this map is adding to the lore or you are actually going to make a huge map like that?

I've seen another post of yours saying that you don't like mods that change the map, so i'm guessing this is just to enhance the lore.

There are some unmarked places in the map. The purple land by the Gulf of Daugavirva, the land beyond the Gulf of Cymbru, and the one etched in between the Vaegirs, the Halmar Union and the Grand Duchy.

So where are the border reivers, gallowglasses and kerns supposed to come from? Are they the "clans" marked as being west of the Imperial State?

Boomie said:
There are some unmarked places in the map. The purple land by the Gulf of Daugavirva, the land beyond the Gulf of Cymbru, and the one etched in between the Vaegirs, the Halmar Union and the Grand Duchy.
They are unmarked indeed, as I haven't thought about hteir names yet :smile: You can help if you wish :grin:

Spongly said:
So where are the border reivers, gallowglasses and kerns supposed to come from? Are they the "clans" marked as being west of the Imperial State?
Pretty much yes. :smile: They have somewhat large territory, but there are multiple clans and it was easier to colour them as one. Or maybe I should reconsider it? :smile: D'Sparil, write the story! :twisted:

Oh, and I think the new factions present the Duchy, Halmar Union, as well as those small and unnamed could be a source for new units hirable in taverns. Is it possible, D'Sparil? :smile: (I coul think about some new lads)

The Map look pretty good. But since the Laurian kingdom is across the sea, does that mean you will add boat ? Ai don`t like to use boat :razz:

Also it would be nice to have some alliance between the faction. Like Lion Throne with the holy swadian Empire. The Laurian could be alone since they are coming from across the sea. The State could be alone or Allied with the Clans. Vaegir could be with Ormeli. It`s only some example but creating alliance would be very nice.

Also adding specific objective for each facton would be great. 1 winning victory and 1 loosing victory. For example, the Lion could have to capture the Laurian Capital but without loosing their own capital. ( It`s a really simple example but i guess you know what i mean. )

I don`t know if you are going to add a lot of item but more troops variety for the Lion Throne regular army would be nice. They only have spearman. I know you can recruit other troops but i think it would be nice to have more option :grin: They doesnt need to be stronger. But a cheaper swordsman/maceman unit would be nice. You could even add a 2handed hammer/mace/morning star unit.

jan_boruta said:
Pretty much yes. :smile: They have somewhat large territory, but there are multiple clans and it was easier to colour them as one. Or maybe I should reconsider it? :smile: D'Sparil, write the story! :twisted:

I almost like the idea of an ambiguous coloring of the Clan territories. I can imagine hundreds, if not thousands of small clans in the highlands all having small scale, political battles against each other, negating their military power. Those warriors who reside in clans that are not in current conflict with others are the ones that we see in taverns as mercenaries. A sleeping giant, that if unified, could pose a potent threat to the many powers of Calradia.

I was thinking about something... The character the player uses is from outside of calradia, right?
Well, then how about you add another question to the character creation screen which asks you from which region you come from? For example, if you choose the Bermian region, you would start with a higher skill in 1 handed weapons (because of superior swordsmanship), if you come from the Highlands you start with higher 2 handed skill, etc.

Tiberius said:
I was thinking about something... The character the player uses is from outside of calradia, right?
Well, then how about you add another question to the character creation screen which asks you from which region you come from? For example, if you choose the Bermian region, you would start with a higher skill in 1 handed weapons (because of superior swordsmanship), if you come from the Highlands you start with higher 2 handed skill, etc.

That's a good idea, maybe I'll get rid of the native system completely and make it nation based instead. The only problem would be that I would have to write descriptions for all nations, and I'm not on a writting mood at the moment. But I'll start making a template.

Back
Top Bottom