Early version of TEATRC's map of the world

Users who are viewing this thread

D'Sparil said:
Tiberius said:
I was thinking about something... The character the player uses is from outside of calradia, right?
Well, then how about you add another question to the character creation screen which asks you from which region you come from? For example, if you choose the Bermian region, you would start with a higher skill in 1 handed weapons (because of superior swordsmanship), if you come from the Highlands you start with higher 2 handed skill, etc.

That's a good idea, maybe I'll get rid of the native system completely and make it nation based instead. The only problem would be that I would have to write descriptions for all nations, and I'm not on a writting mood at the moment. But I'll start making a template.

Well, keep the idea in mind until you go back to writing mood.
Thanks for considering it.

Also, you should change the dialog of the claimants. Far-seeker keeps talking about Ragnar, for example.

jan_boruta said:
Pretty much yes. :smile: They have somewhat large territory, but there are multiple clans and it was easier to colour them as one. Or maybe I should reconsider it? :smile: D'Sparil, write the story! :twisted:
I think it's fine this way  :razz:, otherwise it would be too much complicated.

Oh, and I think the new factions present the Duchy, Halmar Union, as well as those small and unnamed could be a source for new units hirable in taverns. Is it possible, D'Sparil? :smile: (I coul think about some new lads)
If you give me the info for troops and dialogues I'll add them as mercs. Keep in mind that they have to add something different to gameplay, adding yet another lancer wouldn't be much fun.

Selvhan said:
The Map look pretty good. But since the Laurian kingdom is across the sea, does that mean you will add boat ? Ai don`t like to use boat :razz:
I have had bad experiences with the whole naval battles thing. Besides its just melee battles on sea, it's not like there are cannons and stuff like that, so it's not worth it at the moment, IMO.

Also it would be nice to have some alliance between the faction. Like Lion Throne with the holy swadian Empire.
Such an alliance would be hard to acomplish, considering the cruel way the Lion Throne killed the imperial prince  :razz:

I don`t know if you are going to add a lot of item but more troops variety for the Lion Throne regular army would be nice. They only have spearman. I know you can recruit other troops but i think it would be nice to have more option :grin: They doesnt need to be stronger. But a cheaper swordsman/maceman unit would be nice. You could even add a 2handed hammer/mace/morning star unit.
The spearmen from villages are ellisian, remnants of the Ellis Empire from chapter 1. And the Lion Throne has the most varied troops once you join them and get access to town troops.

Tiberius said:
Also, you should change the dialog of the claimants. Far-seeker keeps talking about Ragnar, for example.

Yeah, I know.

Tiberius said:
So, the purpose of this map is adding to the lore or you are actually going to make a huge map like that?

I've seen another post of yours saying that you don't like mods that change the map, so i'm guessing this is just to enhance the lore.
Forgot to answer this: I'm ok with expanding the map, as long as it remains native based, and that's what we got here, Calradia is still calradia. BUt I still got no real plans to do that.

D'Sparil said:
*CLICK TO ENLARGE*

:grin:
Made by the awesome, incredible and sexy Jan Boruta.
It's still not finished, as some of the names on this one have been changed and he is editing it. Once it's done it will be put on another topic with the factions.
BUT the reason for this early topic is not only to show everyone jan's amazing work, but to suggest about it. At the moment it shows only the political divison, the idea is to add more info about the geography and other stuff.
Feel free to suggest anything, specially about the geography: rivers, mountains, etc and names for them.

i absoluty love how in depth story wise this mod is

Keep it coming

I've gotta say I love this damn mod.  Guns-wise something lacks, but I believe what I just saw is the tip of an iceberg.  Only read a very small part of the story, having been pretty busy lately, and regarding this map I have one suggestion:

Keep it real.  Jan, I understand you want to make things nice and clear, but I'd keep it in your own handwriting.  The handwriting of the mapper himself is what would have been used.  Maybe train yourself a little bit with some "fancy" handwriting, but go over usefulness than fanciness.

Apart from that, my only other input is: "****, the State is sooo gonna get wasted :<"

Wish guns were worked into a little bit more to polish them up though :<

D'Sparil said:
Tiberius said:
I was thinking about something... The character the player uses is from outside of calradia, right?
Well, then how about you add another question to the character creation screen which asks you from which region you come from? For example, if you choose the Bermian region, you would start with a higher skill in 1 handed weapons (because of superior swordsmanship), if you come from the Highlands you start with higher 2 handed skill, etc.

That's a good idea, maybe I'll get rid of the native system completely and make it nation based instead. The only problem would be that I would have to write descriptions for all nations, and I'm not on a writting mood at the moment. But I'll start making a template.

Would it be possible to redo all the questions? I'd be more than willing to help write and brainstorm if so.  :razz:

IK00NI said:
D'Sparil said:
Tiberius said:

Would it be possible to redo all the questions? I'd be more than willing to help write and brainstorm if so.  :razz:

Same here.  I'm a lore whore so if you need some help with writing up tedious detailed things while you focus on the actual code and getting things to work, I'm sure you'll find plenty of volunteers :grin:

Lonehwolf said:
IK00NI said:
D'Sparil said:
Tiberius said:

Same here.  I'm a lore whore so if you need some help with writing up tedious detailed things while you focus on the actual code and getting things to work, I'm sure you'll find plenty of volunteers :grin:

Count me in to as a volunteer I enjoy a challenge

A smashing job, though if was ever implemented I don't know how the Haelmar Army would deal with having itself on two land masses, AI and all.

D'Sparil said:
If you give me the info for troops and dialogues I'll add them as mercs. Keep in mind that they have to add something different to gameplay, adding yet another lancer wouldn't be much fun.

Well, how about mounted crossbowmen? I haven't seen any of those in EatRC yet. The french called them 'Cranequiniers'. Unfortunately I can't find any info on them in english aside from a tiny blurb in wikipedia's page about crossbows, but I think they could be a unique addition.

(click for biggy)

There isn't anything about them on French Wikipedia save a small two-liner that isn't that coherent. But basically, if you wanted them (say, finally a mounted troop for the Laurians ?) you might have to remake a crossbow model with a crank. Even if there's no animation for it, it would be more real, as you can't really hook the end of the crossbow on your foot when you're riding, can you ? But yeah ... Only thing is, i tried a mounted crossbowman in Native once, and it just sucked, even with the Siege Crossbow with the "Unusable on Horseback" flag taken away ... Meh, I'm just gonna try again and see.

http://www.myarmoury.com/features.html

The section titled "Renaissance Armies, 1480-1650" in the bottom center could potentially be beneficial for troop ideas and armor designs.

Hey, if you need help with names for countries, empires, settlements, or even just rivers, lakes, and other geographical features to enhance the lore, I've been making maps for years now, and I've come up with all sorts of names, so once I can find and drag my massive tome of maps out from wherever it is, I'll start listing out names for you.
Just a few off the top of my head: Tyrmadon, Askoroth, Terradin, Kairnag, Taynag, Ravenhearth, Heldendale Ridge, Gutenheim, Hernstaag, Alkazeer (or Al-Kazir, etc.) Difindel, Merathanis, Perveza (Sounds good for a Laurian Fort, in my opinion) Andalor, Palaton Crossing, Ellridia, Hilmirfjall, Cathervale, Tripillion, Harathon, Arnovair, Faradin, Riverhedge, Hyroc, Hyperon, Timirus Forge, Paladin, Al-Kazarad, and Mercanta. If you need more, just ask. Hope this helps  :smile:

Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
Hey, if you need help with names for countries, empires, settlements, or even just rivers, lakes, and other geographical features to enhance the lore, I've been making maps for years now, and I've come up with all sorts of names, so once I can find and drag my massive tome of maps out from wherever it is, I'll start listing out names for you.
Just a few off the top of my head: Tyrmadon, Askoroth, Terradin, Kairnag, Taynag, Ravenhearth, Heldendale Ridge, Gutenheim, Hernstaag, Alkazeer (or Al-Kazir, etc.) Difindel, Merathanis, Perveza (Sounds good for a Laurian Fort, in my opinion) Andalor, Palaton Crossing, Ellridia, Hilmirfjall, Cathervale, Tripillion, Harathon, Arnovair, Faradin, Riverhedge, Hyroc, Hyperon, Timirus Forge, Paladin, Al-Kazarad, and Mercanta. If you need more, just ask. Hope this helps  :smile:
Very nice list, we'll discuss it with D'Sparil where to place those names. I'm not sure each of them will be used, but I'm sure a lot of will :smile: Thanks for such support!

jan_boruta said:
Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
Very nice list, we'll discuss it with D'Sparil where to place those names. I'm not sure each of them will be used, but I'm sure a lot of will :smile: Thanks for such support!

So, any news on the lore, or you guys just working on the mod/laying back?

D'Sparil said:
Tiberius said:
My thoughts on the Lion Throne after seeing their real territory:

"FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK"
The idea is that it extends even further to the south, the map only shows the known world to the calradians  :razz:
After reading thatreply, this was my  reaction:

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK-ing happy I coverted to Filaharn.

Servitor said:
D'Sparil said:
Tiberius said:
My thoughts on the Lion Throne after seeing their real territory:

"FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK"
The idea is that it extends even further to the south, the map only shows the known world to the calradians  :razz:
After reading thatreply, this was my  reaction:

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK-ing happy I coverted to Filaharn.

You traitor!

Back
Top Bottom