SP - Player, NPCs & Troops early-mid game adjustments to renown

Users who are viewing this thread

Ba18070

Recruit
Hello,
I feel that tiers 2-4 move rather slowly, even as a strong vassal in a kingdom. Its pretty okay in my opinion to require a clan to put up a lot of good deeds to move up in the world, but I think it could be better optimized in a few simple ways:
1. Flip trade tier perks at 100 and 125. Tier 100 is about tolls to enter your towns, while 125 gives renown for your workshops running daily. Its usual to own workshops before towns in my experience, leaders are less apt to give low-renown clans anything but castles lately.
2. Adjust the tier 100 talents to include that "Gain renown based on (non-player) purchases of your workshops finished goods in the city they are located in" A small value scale would be fine just to keep a trickle coming in.
2.5 In regards to the caravan heavy playstyle, also gain renown for "exceptionally profitable (Sale cost >150% of ;purchase cost) by your caravans." Gives an even better reason to get a trade mastery companion as well. Again, a trickle talent but can spike to high numbers in extremely depleted economic circumstances. .
3. Sit down Caladog, Unqid and Dethert and have a talk with them about how its really not cool when the player clan sieging down a town and capturing it purely on their own is then not even considered for ownership of the town. Its really disheartening and has made me turn the game off and go away for several months a few different times.
4. Hireable minstrels and performers at taverns who will, for a price, go around and spread the word of your accomplishments. This will net you occasional renown gains and some nobles will seek you out personally for jobs. It also can cause you to lose significant relations with any other clan leaders who dont like what they're hearing. Mechanics having an opportunity cost is always a good idea.
5. When I win a battle as an army stop having my companions parties ditch my army and bolt to another lords army. Your companions should NEVER be unable to be commanded because they've joined another army. This has roosterblocked some huge invasions that I have taken the time to carefully curate and level an excellent army for, only to have my companions run off and get into a dumb fight, die and lose everything and absolutely cutting renown sources off, putting me even farther behind.
......So yeah, basically I want to be able to level my clan up faster. Not by being given concessions to make it easy, but instead just a few optimizations and to make it feel like the AI allies are not actively working to sabotage you constantly.
Feedback is of course welcomed, fi your experience isnt the same as mine please let me know how you conduct your games. It might not even be a problem and I'm just approaching things wrong.
Thanks for your trime and for reading, hope to hear from you soon.

5. When I win a battle as an army stop having my companions parties ditch my army and bolt to another lords army. Your companions should NEVER be unable to be commanded because they've joined another army. This has roosterblocked some huge invasions that I have taken the time to carefully curate and level an excellent army for, only to have my companions run off and get into a dumb fight, die and lose everything and absolutely cutting renown sources off, putting me even farther behind.
You have at least two ways to prevent this!
  1. You(and only you!) can break up the other army and make your friend available for your army. It´s not fun and it wastes your faction influence but use it if you really need to!
  2. You can allways have them in your army while building their doomday-armies for full controll. I´d want to remove my kins from other armies lots of times but it would have been a very strong(OP) feature!
Your parties play by the same rules as every other clanparty in the game, except rulers own party and your, who will never be summoned to join an army.

The whole feature with how armies work is quite dumb. But as long as we are locket into the feature, I beleave such changes would just make the game duller and easier.

This has been discussed since EA release at least :smile:

1. Flip trade tier perks at 100 and 125. Tier 100 is about tolls to enter your towns, while 125 gives renown for your workshops running daily. Its usual to own workshops before towns in my experience, leaders are less apt to give low-renown clans anything but castles lately.
2. Adjust the tier 100 talents to include that "Gain renown based on (non-player) purchases of your workshops finished goods in the city they are located in" A small value scale would be fine just to keep a trickle coming in.
2.5 In regards to the caravan heavy playstyle, also gain renown for "exceptionally profitable (Sale cost >150% of ;purchase cost) by your caravans." Gives an even better reason to get a trade mastery companion as well. Again, a trickle talent but can spike to high numbers in extremely depleted economic circumstances. .

Here is my suggestion to how I think Tradeskill and caravans should work :smile:

"You can allways have them in your army while building their doomday-armies for full controll. I´d want to remove my kins from other armies lots of times but it would have been a very strong(OP) feature!"
This is normally exactly what I do but for instance after winning a siege the units for some reason scatter and within about 3 seconds of them hitting the campaign map another NPC has snapped them up as part of their army. Its really frustrating that my own follower is standing right beside me, controlling a large portion of my elite troops, and he's going to run halfway across the map to throw them away with an npc army that is 75% tier 1-2 troops. I feel like the game is bottlenecking its potential in several areas and the AI being dedicated to screwing you over is super frustrating .

Back
Top Bottom