Early Game Ideas

Users who are viewing this thread

I understand in the grand campaign the early game doesn’t last very long. However, for me at least it’s the hardest part of the campaign to get through because it seems so grindy. I ran into this issue with Warband as well. So far in Bannerlord I’ve done a few infantry and trader playthroughs and find it's still grindy.

The moment that changed for me in Warband was when I found the Freelancer Mod. Leveling skills, saving money, gaining renown and relations with Lords while you work your way up the ranks from recruit to top tier in the tree took away the grinding feeling and found myself more immersed in the game.

I would really love a mod similar to Freelancer for early game. Are there any plans for adding something like this to the game, or a mod? Are there any other ideas that I haven’t thought of that would help with early game immersion?

I find incomprehensible that the Freelancer mod concept were not currently implemented on Bannerlord. Despite the fact that it has been requested in numerous threads both here and in the old forum, as well as on reddit, steam etc through the long development period... it seems that Taleworlds has not made a statement on the matter.

I find incomprehensible that the Freelancer mod concept were not currently implemented on Bannerlord. Despite the fact that it has been requested in numerous threads both here and in the old forum, as well as on reddit, steam etc through the long development period... it seems that Taleworlds has not made a statement on the matter.
I understand why it's not implemented now as early access is about stability primarily. I don't think Freelancer would be implemented into the game anyway as it really only affects early game, I see it as a mod. I would assume mid game and late game you'd be on your own with holdings and enough income that you wouldn't have to enlist with a lord.

Mods will have to do it. Wait, it's 2020, we got time.
I'm very patient, I've waited this long for Bannerlord haha. I'm just saying I think the early game is lacking options of content and immersion, and wonder what's planned for early game on release. I haven't seen much in forums about the issue.

Back
Top Bottom