Early Access Update

Users who are viewing this thread

18.06.20.blog.png

With some semblance of normality slowly beginning to return to the world, we wanted to take the time to reach out to you to talk about Bannerlord’s early access journey so far by discussing some of the changes and improvements to the game before moving on to touch on some of our plans for the future.

Read more...

Nice! I'm looking foward to more content, the game deserves so much more, it needs more life, like missions to protect villages, horse race, more details, etc/ more armors / more stuff to do in the cities, the idea of this game is brilliant and it needs to shine and be more shinnier.

Thanks for the updates TW, keep the good job.... I rly want to see this game to grow and get bigger.
I'm a fan of this game!

Super cool and looking forward to the future! Something that might help with game flow is that when encountering another party, instead of immediately talking to them in person and having a loading screen, you get the pop-up of for: Attack, Send Troops, Leave, and a new option Talk.

Sometimes I just get annoyed having to talk to those bandits when I really just want to get the battle over with!

Additionally, new scenes have been added to both singleplayer and multiplayer.
This is one of the most pressing concerns I have about the current state of early access, yet I don't see many people bring it up very often. Every patchnotes I'm expecting to see "-added 2 new castles and 1 new city scene + siege scenes for each faction" but so far the only completely new scene I've noticed in the patchnotes is a TDM map that still isn't even playable on any servers. After playing for a short time, it becomes very apparent that there is a significant lack of city, village, field, and multiplayer maps, but this was something I thought would be steadily improved upon throughout every stage of EA. Are scenes a priority right now? Will they slowly start trickling in soon or should we expect a patch that doubles the number of scenes we have now?

I have to admit the lack of scenes is quite impressive for an 8 year developement game, it's not like a scene will be ruin with each new code... Even more sad most of the sieges are not working correctly... I try to be positive but sometimes reality catch you back! I really wanted play last time and it ended after 15 minutes and my first siege...

I have to admit the lack of scenes is quite impressive for an 8 year developement game, it's not like a scene will be ruin with each new code... Even more sad most of the sieges are not working correctly... I try to be positive but sometimes reality catch you back! I really wanted play last time and it ended after 15 minutes and my first siege...
Well the new engine was completed around 2015 i think so its more like 5 years of development.

Do you suggest they lost all their scenes in 2015 :xf-cry: due to new engine :unsure:
I suspect that they all had to be redone as the new scene editor was far more advanced and could do alot more than the previous one. Dont know how much could be directly put over into the new one, im not a coder, but at a minimum they had to go in and make all the old scenes look alot better.

Baking lighting into scenes etc. all adds to the timescales. Scenes will be very time consuming to mod as illustrated by this TW answer:
‘48. Can we have some indication of how long it takes to create all the scenes for a town for example, including baking in lighting etc. Scening in Warband was tedious, but Bannerlord scening looks infinitely more time consuming.
With design, visual details, siege mechanics, and sound, it takes 3 weeks to complete a town scene, which is our most complex scene that we use for various civilian and combat missions. This includes 3 levels of towns for both civilian and siege usage.
There is also a couple days of gameplay tests and fixes. It cover anything from siege missions to walking around to small gang fights in back alleys’

@Timmortal My "padawans" make castles in 2 days in Warband, me in like a week but i'm very slow (sometimes 10 hours just to put a siege tower correctly:xf-cry:). OK there's maybe more things to do in Bannerlord scenes but still 3 weeks yeah: it's very long. I was thinking also a better scene editor would help speed up the process. This is disapointing to me. Each total conversion mods will need 10 sceners ?

At this point maybe it's faster to completely model a scene? ?

Last edited:
I am annoyed by the PR fluff in this news update myself. Like, we get it, things are progressing slowly and people are starting to be upset. I am honestly feeling supportive despite all of that, because if the (not exactly spectacular and polished) initial release took five years we can't expect them to figure things out magically in three months.

However, when I read things like this

One important update was Kingdom Creation, which allows players to forge their own path in Calradia in true sandbox fashion by giving them the ability to create their own kingdom outside of the main storyline.

my Tuscan soul raises up and a series of rather vivid curses, that I (un)fortunately can't really translate in English, pops into my mind, and I feel that I am being treated like a fool.

So yeah. Don't do that please. You are feeding the hate with things like that. Just be honest about your shortcomings and what is going wrong and slowing you down and what you are doing to try and fix it, it will buy you more good will from the player base.

I suspect that they all had to be redone as the new scene editor was far more advanced and could do alot more than the previous one. Dont know how much could be directly put over into the new one, im not a coder, but at a minimum they had to go in and make all the old scenes look alot better.
The map featured in this video from 2014 can still be found in the game's files as mp_ruins_2 and is virtually identical as far as I can tell as the one from the video including the placement of small props, bushes and trees. If they did upgrade their engine or scene editor in 2015 (which I don't think has ever been confirmed, only that they originally started with Warband's engine but scrapped that early on) then I think this scene would imply that they had some way of transferring their already completed scenes to the new system. It seems to me that Taleworlds just didn't prioritize making scenes, which is why we still have so few almost 6 years after this video came out.

This armor is slightly different from what is currently in the game, will this be added in the near future? Or is it simply a work in progress? This armor looks great and I hope this gets added to the list.
18.06.20.2-fix.png

This armor is slightly different from what is currently in the game, will this be added in the near future? Or is it simply a work in progress? This armor looks great and I hope this gets added to the list.
18.06.20.2-fix.png

I hope so, this game is missing some cool armors.... I think many more armors will come in time..

If u want check my thread about it <3

Back
Top Bottom