Early Access Update

Users who are viewing this thread

18.06.20.blog.png

With some semblance of normality slowly beginning to return to the world, we wanted to take the time to reach out to you to talk about Bannerlord’s early access journey so far by discussing some of the changes and improvements to the game before moving on to touch on some of our plans for the future.

Read more...

I understand that you guys have do make money because the game is dying right now based on charts. But this is no way to go. If you do discounts and do "We added and fixed so many oh gosh, tasty" like posts, this will only bring a small chunk of new people while the ones that already paid will leave eventually.

I'm starting to lose hope for Taleworlds with each of these so-to-speak update posts. Because most of them sound like this,

plants1-1551895073.png

Our office plants, we changed the background and removed the office completely for optimisation purpose.
One important update was we watered our plants in the office, which allows players to forge their own path in Calradia in true sandbox fashion.

Water helps a plant by transporting important nutrients through the plant. Nutrients are drawn from the soil and used by the plant. Without enough water in the cells, the plants droop, so water helps a plant to stand. Water carries the dissolved sugar and other nutrients through the plant. So without the proper balance of water, the plant not only is malnourished, but it is also physically weak and cannot support its own weight. Different types of plants require different amounts of water. With outdoor plants, you can’t control the plants getting too much water if your area gets a lot of rain, so you need to make sure that the soil has the proper drainage because too much water will affect plant growth just as much as too little.

Therefore, by watering our plants, we brought more fresh and clean air into the office which will affect the game overhaul.
Like 99% of this blog are the things you have to do anyway. I personally won't clap a waiter because he managed to bring my fries without dropping them to the floor. That's his job and that's what's expected from him anyway.

The only reason why I'm still trying to explain something is that I like Taleworlds and M&B title. However the game has huge issues that you haven't fixed and if you start to brag about "We added 160+ ladies to the game.." in your blog, people will have all right to say "What the hell are you talking about, Bannerlord doesn't even have banners and this guy is telling us that they manage to add more characters to their own engine and own game. Should we give them a cookie?"
"Fix the game" is the only thing we can suggest as a community right now. Because there are multiple issues that people get annoyed by. Sieges, AI, Party Management, City/Castle Management, lack of content, lack of missions, lack of battle formations and commanding options, formation bugs and such, unstable and weird economy, unstable faction decisions, click-based dialogues without any meaning etc. You want proper ideas to improve the game? It's not rocket science. Go to nexusmods and check most downloaded mods. It will give you a clear view if you haven't done that already. Check Warband - it's a good game that people enjoyed, bring everything that it has and add new ones on top of it.

If this was any other game, I wouldn't even bother to explain. I'm also aware that you guys know all these issues and will somehow lean towards them eventually. But if you miss that opportunity window, perhaps there won't be any "future content"

PS: For those who will say "But it's EA :smile: :smile: :smile:", please don't bother to quote me and reply. It's simply a waste of everyone's time.

>Notes showing what they did and will do near future. Good for summer sales..

> One important part that catched my attention highly:

" Finally, we hope to be able to start releasing some modding tools with limited documentation in the near future. "
Better than nothing till the end of the year! Glad to see it soon, even its limited.

I understand that you guys have do make money because the game is dying right now based on charts. But this is no way to go. If you do discounts and do "We added and fixed so many oh gosh, tasty" like posts, this will only bring a small chunk of new people while the ones that already paid will leave eventually.

I'm starting to lose hope for Taleworlds with each of these so-to-speak update posts. Because most of them sound like this,

plants1-1551895073.png

Our office plants, we changed the background and removed the office completely for optimisation purpose.
One important update was we watered our plants in the office, which allows players to forge their own path in Calradia in true sandbox fashion.

Water helps a plant by transporting important nutrients through the plant. Nutrients are drawn from the soil and used by the plant. Without enough water in the cells, the plants droop, so water helps a plant to stand. Water carries the dissolved sugar and other nutrients through the plant. So without the proper balance of water, the plant not only is malnourished, but it is also physically weak and cannot support its own weight. Different types of plants require different amounts of water. With outdoor plants, you can’t control the plants getting too much water if your area gets a lot of rain, so you need to make sure that the soil has the proper drainage because too much water will affect plant growth just as much as too little.

Therefore, by watering our plants, we brought more fresh and clean air into the office which will affect the game overhaul.
Like 99% of this blog are the things you have to do anyway. I personally won't clap a waiter because he managed to bring my fries without dropping them to the floor. That's his job and that's what's expected from him anyway.

The only reason why I'm still trying to explain something is that I like Taleworlds and M&B title. However the game has huge issues that you haven't fixed and if you start to brag about "We added 160+ ladies to the game.." in your blog, people will have all right to say "What the hell are you talking about, Bannerlord doesn't even have banners and this guy is telling us that they manage to add more characters to their own engine and own game. Should we give them a cookie?"
"Fix the game" is the only thing we can suggest as a community right now. Because there are multiple issues that people get annoyed by. Sieges, AI, Party Management, City/Castle Management, lack of content, lack of missions, lack of battle formations and commanding options, formation bugs and such, unstable and weird economy, unstable faction decisions, click-based dialogues without any meaning etc. You want proper ideas to improve the game? It's not rocket science. Go to nexusmods and check most downloaded mods. It will give you a clear view if you haven't done that already. Check Warband - it's a good game that people enjoyed, bring everything that it has and add new ones on top of it.

If this was any other game, I wouldn't even bother to explain. I'm also aware that you guys know all these issues and will somehow lean towards them eventually. But if you miss that opportunity window, perhaps there won't be any "future content"

PS: For those who will say "But it's EA :smile: :smile: :smile:", please don't bother to quote me and reply. It's simply a waste of everyone's time.
2178594w380.gif

I totally agree, it sounds like that. It is not hating all them comments and updates of this nature; however we have eaten >2 years of pure fluff devblogs and now we see the consequences. I know that the devs are working very hard...but I don't know; I have mixed feelings; mostly because of what we have found when lifting the "EA" blanket and the future prospects of this one. Sometime i forget my own forum signature...

First of all i want to thank about patches and i want to know that when village upgrades will come? You showed us videos about it however there was not village upgrades in game.

Good to hear you not spending all money in the starbucks downstairs. After my final exams end in 5 days, ready to enjoy your new designs!

As far as I'm concerned there is a ways to go to turn a lifeless game into the next Skyrim level legendary success. You're already on that path, but you need to do the below list I made a thread about.

There also needs to be multiplayer/coop campaign. It has to be there. Not a full server, just two players would be enough. Probably up to 12 preferred.

This game is great. You could leave it as is and it would be perfectly acceptable. I could put hundreds of hours in it for the next year. But it's on the cusp of greatness. So close to being a game you play on five different consoles for eight years. This game COULD end up being the baseline which you compare all other games.... It's just missing a few critical features.

One important update was Kingdom Creation, which allows players to forge their own path in Calradia in true sandbox fashion by giving them the ability to create their own kingdom outside of the main storyline

Did you really just pimp out adding a "create kingdom" button as if it was some major milestone in the game's development? An addition that was required due to derpy design decisions in the first place?

uhm where is their claim about "major milestone in game's development" exactly? Im only seeing one sentence about kingdom creation and thats just information instead of some ridiculous claim like you are suggesting

edit;make that 2 sentence,again informational:"You are now able to create your own kingdom without doing the main quest. You'll need to own a castle or city and your clan must be tier 4."

The game is improving days after days but still, you have the feeling of being a spectator in sieges and there is so many problems there (and a siege is a very important part of M&B). Human body proportions are really bad (is that an "artistic" choice or something? I reported this for years)... Last update i "played" 1.4.1 lasted 15 minutes before i quit. Don't tell me to report problems etc... 1st many problems have been report for years, 2nd much of feedback is never heard.

And like Bloc said the best way to know where Bannerlord lack is to watch successful mods in Nexus. Making list of suggestions threads is nice but i'm not sure it has a real impact on the game.

New features looks cool and i can feel TW team give their best, but when basic things like sieges or human body proportions are ruined your game experience is near to 0 and you go back play Warband...

Last edited:
The scratch off ticket manner of learning new pieces for crafting has got to go.
You should learn how to make a javelin by taking apart javelin. Not learn scimitar blades from deconstructing wooden mallets..

After 200hrs playing as a vassal I can say there is no legit way to take over a faction. Married sultans daughter but none of the lords ever die unless you kill them, and when you kill Any lord almost Everyone hates you.
My own faction doesn't like me for murdering some lords who where raiding and sieging our castles for literal in game years, I should be a hero, not a villain to my own people.

Could we please please please get some sort of roadmap or list of feature developments listed in tiers from major features to perks
Just a small glimpse of the kanban board.... Cheers

uhm where is their claim about "major milestone in game's development" exactly? Im only seeing one sentence about kingdom creation and thats just information instead of some ridiculous claim like you are suggesting

One important update was Kingdom Creation, which allows players to forge their own path in Calradia in true sandbox fashion by giving them the ability to create their own kingdom outside of the main storyline.

All this for "we added a "create kingdom" button because we borked up the original design and people noticed." And don't get me started on the "forge their own path in Calradia" pretense.

I know it's PR fluff, but it's intentional PR fluff for PlaceholderLord as it works right now.

Found my old account just to post my opinion

No one will dislike the game. But a lot of the community does not praise the game.
-8 years of development (or 6) doesnt show honestly.
-Singleplayer is okay but it has never been the reason why I play M&B. The fact that there are missing mechanics really puts me off from playing that aspect of the game. I did start a save and it was enjoyable but very very quickly it became mundane and repetitive.
-Where are the community servers? Is this a big issue to implement?
-Why is there a random 6v6 in a game where scale is big selling point. Please make it 10 v 10 or 15 v 15.
-Sieges are incredibly entertaining. You absolutely NAILED It. But .. Sieges are dead. Not because people dont want to play it or there are not enough people, but the matchmaker is weird. You wait with 30 people in queue and give up and then the other 20 or so queue and they give up so finding a game is very rare. Community servers immediately fix the issue. (Take into account that most of your player base GREW UP waiting so we have work, family etc. I cant stand for 30 mins a queue when i have 1h a day or so to enjoy some games)
-Captain mode is a very good mode as well. Has its issue but seems that this and Team Death match are the only active MP modes.

Before you release modding tools for SP and/or MP the game would have been in almost 9 years of development. That is quite quite pathetic.
All that said ofcourse you have my support of the game (not like i can refund anyway).

‘Finally, we hope to be able to start releasing some modding tools with limited documentation in the near future.’

The sooner, the better. You’ll never please everyone until they can use your tools to please themselves. :smile:
Hopefully, anything added via official tools won’t be broken by updates and patches.

Back
Top Bottom