Early Access Information

Users who are viewing this thread

@Callum
Our very own MaCallum, thank you for the blogs all these years, you truly deserve a spot in the Mount&Blade royal dynasty tree !

-xXK6.png

Last edited:
@Callum
Our very own MaCallum, thank you for the blogs all these years, you truly deserve a spot in the Mount&Blade dynasty tree !

-xXK6.png

All Hail!

What a ride it has been. I hope that the Taleworlds team can adequately bask in the glory of their work, in spite of this strange time, and find some way to celebrate, even if not together at the office.

Thank you for all your work, and all the best to every one of you.

P.S. My Steam wishlist will never feel the same again, without Bannerlord at the top.

@Callum
Will the game be family share enabled on Steam? I only have M&B on an older account and would be buying it on that account for 20% off, but I wouldn't want to have to regularly switch accounts for games.

We recently announced some additional details regarding the Early Access release. You can use this thread to discuss the post!
I really wish the Early Access was for consoles as well.. My pc is quite a potato, it runs Warband with mods decently, except it does crash sometimes. That said, I don't think it'll run bannerlord. So I'll have to save up for a good pc, and since I don't make much money, that'll be a bit. Or I have to wait till it comes out for consoles, again, that's so far from now..

Permadeath is unnecessary and meaningless feature for a game like M&B. I hope there is an option to turn it off, this game is not "Grand Strategy" type game like CK2.
You serious? It's my most anticipated feature... I got so sick of having to fight the same lords 1000x over, and not being able to kill them if they sincerely piss me off.

I'm talking about player character, not npc lords. M&B is indeed stradegy game but it is also an RPG game where you can create your own character and for me, it is pretty meaningless for my own character to die and player just go and play another character.

This was the last thing I expected. In my mind, pushing back the release date and increasing the price tag was completely justified for this game. You went and did the opposite. Amazing.

You might be looking forward to kill others. I am looking forward to kill myself.
A noble cause.
I'm talking about player character, not npc lords. M&B is indeed stradegy game but it is also an RPG game where you can create your own character and for me, it is pretty meaningless for my own character to die and player just go and play another character.
Eh, I feel otherwise. I think it will add a lot to the feel of the world and medieval setting to have to worry about your own death, and ensuring you have heirs etc. My favorite part of M&B is always the beggining anyway. This just means I can do that while continuing to see my world evolve. Guess we'll see in a few days.

There is an option to disable your character death, though I'm not sure if it just disables death from combat, or death from old age (death entirely) as well.

I'll just copy paste what I said on the other thread

A little annoying that it doesn't say what you CAN'T do, and what you can do is already known and pretty vague. And it doesn't confirm if marriage, permadeath, and things like that are removed or kept. I do want to know what I can expect to miss besides forming my own kingdom (which I never did in Warband, oddly enough) and "some aspects of sieges, and clan, army and kingdom management."

But that annoyance is quickly overshadowed by the hype of everything else and an early release! I'm so excited. I'll go to bed on the 29th, and wake up early just to buy and install Bannerlord.
Is it really annoying that it doesn't say what you can do? This game is HUGE in aspects of gameplay and content... so it would be extremely hard for them to write page after page about things you cant do, dont you think? Also I would like to find out myself what I CAN and CANT do in the game as I play it :razz:

Marriage is confirmed and so is perma death. They can both be enabled/disabled with mods or by yourself if you know basic coding (which most people don't but be sure that mods will be available that lets you choose your own options). Who knows perhaps even taleworlds might throw in a little something in the native/vanilla game that allows you to disable/enable permadeath :wink:

What do you mean with "what I can expect to miss besides forming my own kingdom" ? If I assume correctly you mean things that wont be available on early access? In that case, that is pretty much it, creating your own kingdom and perhaps the diplomacy wont be 100% complete, other than that everything else is available (with bugs ofc) and also some or maybe most scenes will be the same for a while and get slowly replaced.

And if you wish to know more info in "some aspects of sieges, and clan, army and kingdom management." all that will be available with the game with a thing called "Tutorial" just like any other game :razz:

A lot of people want to know how to play the game before it's even out which I dont understand? You are supposed to play the game in order to learn how to play :smile:

Back
Top Bottom