Early Access Confirmed

Users who are viewing this thread

Duh said:
Beta and/or other forms of Early Access in this case will likely be less about you and more about what may benefit development. Seeing that they don't need to do EA for funds.

This.

It's something people tend to forget when talking about early access, especially in the case of a free, closed beta. The latter would be more about focusing on reporting bugs, issues and providing feedback to the developers rather than enjoying the product.

Dreamer19 said:
Callum said some words on Steam about Early Access:

https://i.servimg.com/u/f45/19/96/30/02/captur11.png

https://i.servimg.com/u/f45/19/96/30/02/captur12.png
Lets hope they will know more in a few months time not like a year from now.

Arnulf Floyd said:
Thanks you God as Taleworlds not want to do demo and EA, I can play Warband mods quietly

lol @Arnulf, what would EA (that you would not be a part of) change on your Warband schedule? It is not like TW will delete Warband from your computer  :razz:

Arnulf Floyd said:
Skyrim is a child compared to Bannerlord in complexity and scale
I don't think that is a fair comparison as Skyrim is pretty massive. I know Elder Scrolls is not everyone's cup of tea but to say it is a child of a game compared to a game that is not even released is silly. Since Bannerlord is not even out yet we don't know everything or exactly how complex it will be.

I think a better comparison would be Skyrim will attract more casual gamers where Bannerlord is more niche -although they are clearing trying to appeal to a larger audience this time around. And if you need to compare a 2019+ game to a game that came out in 2011, you might need to give Skyrim credit for even still being relevant in the RPG-verse discussion.

I not have played any The Elder Scrolls game because I not have interest in fantasy, but I am not a BL fanatic as others because thinks realistically we not know nothing relevant about Bannerlord than some things which change ever. Some thinks as will be game of century, I thinks as this thing seems enough subjective

captur12.png

So what I understand from this is EA is just thought in Armağan's head or they just talked about it among devs.

What I think he probably means is that they don't have an early access build currently planned right now but it is something that they'll want to do in the future. They're just not ready to start working on that yet.

kalarhan said:
Arnulf Floyd said:
I not have played any The Elder Scrolls

so how can you compare a game you never played with a game that doesnt exist yet? You lack experience with both  :???:

Well to be fair, skyrim was the weakest of all the elder scrolls games. The story is literally about a guy who speaks dragon who is everyone's ****.

Seriously, what happen to games where your choices actually matter? Skyrim story is bi linear at best. Even then, when you reject quests, the quest giver is like "Oh you don't want to steal this dudes ring? well don't worry ill wait right here till ya do, eventually your going to get bored!."

Bethesda has really gone down hill ever since fallout 3. Obsidian literally borrowed their engine, and made a game with an amazing story called fallout new Vegas, which got the carpet ripped out from under them when bethesda pressed their liscence deadline towards the making of that game.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout:_New_Vegas_cut_content

So..... just because skyrim is a popular game, and just because everyone enjoyed playing, does not mean it reached anywhere near its actual potential.
All they did was regurgitate the last game, but up the graphics / made the combat flow better.

But then again thats all bannerlord aims to do, except mount & blade has a lot more mechanics that are involved compared to the carnival like experience that the elder scrolls and other generic RPGs tend to follow.
You know, the one where the whole world is on pause except for the 100 ft radius around the player.

onarum said:
Akesh the Cursed said:
Auldman said:
I don't mind paying $40 for this game in EA
Lol! If this goes more than $20 I will be very disappointed. The game has been in development for how many years and it now decides to go in to early access? I am one of the few people here defending TW when it comes to needing more time on game development but I do not support early access games. This may be an exception if it is fairly priced but if they want $40 I will just wait for the full development or may just pass altogether, which would not be easy for me.

Edit: I would love to participate in a beta if that is a possibility.

....What? you people do realize that you'd be basically buying the game early and having access to it right? you're not just paying for beta access, and you want the full game to cost you 20 dollars?

This will be a full price game friend, 60 USD minimum, do you really think they'd spend all this time and money, develop an entirely new engine, and then charge 15 bucks for it? you can't possibly be that delusional right?

At most you'd get a 15% discount by buying it while on early access, but that's it, of course I'm talking about Early Access specifically, if they decide to do their own open/closed beta test I doubt they'll charge anything for it.

Boy I can already see children *****ing in the steam forums about the final price of this game..

As for me I'll pay whatever it is they charge for it, because I know it'll be worth it.

Yet isn't that literally what they did for the original M&B? I recall paying something like 15€ for beta while the actual released product was ~20€ unless I'm mistaken.

Of course, circumstances are different and Bannerlord is a game of much larger scale, but I think it's a little bit of an overreaction to call someone delusional in this case while then proceeding to make the statement that you know it will be worth whatever they decide to charge you when the game isn't even close to release.

Gotta love how the head of taleworlds says there will be early access or beta and then Callum says there isn't anything planned on the steam forum.

I think taleworlds has become a big mess. Seriously.

It is too early call it not true. From my point of view, it seems EA is an idea for TW yet and it doesn't mean that idea won't come true.

But I must say TW doesn't really seem good from outside when it comes to the communication. For instance while Armağan Yavuz constantly says we don't have a release date, some devs throw out some estimations about it with Turkish interviewers at Gamescom.

Back
Top Bottom