E3 2014 - it's that time of year again

Users who are viewing this thread

logo-e3.png

Well, since E3 2014 is this week, and since the forum isn't dead at the moment, it seems like a good time to get a thread going for this. Dunno how useful it's going to be, since A.) it's 2 days late due to the DDoS-ing, and B.) who knows, we might get DDoS'd again at any time, but what the hell.

This thread is for the discussion of all things related to E3 2014. Let the discussions begin!

E3 2014 website
PCGamer E3 section. Note: also contains 2013 articles, so don't get mixed up.
Gamespot E3 section.

At least it's interesting to see what they've put together to announce new titles and such. That being said, I was (mostly) disappointed by the offerings thus far.

I haven't exactly been blown away, either. I mean, a new CoD, a new Battlefield, a new Assassin's Creed, a new Tomb Raider. Whatever. Those seem to be the focus of a lot of the attention.

Very little on Star Wars: Battlefront 3, unfortunately, but what they did show certainly looked cool. Witcher 3, Dragon Age: Inquisition, and Tom Clancy's The Division all look interesting, but they're not exactly new announcements. We've known about them for a while (although the videos on them that we've gotten during the past few days have been nice).

There's a small chance the new CoD might not suck all that much. While its the last series I expect to innovate things, moving from modern to futuristic shooters could be a good thing, if only to polish the turd a bit.

It will probably also help that they now have a year more to develop the game. Maybe they now have the time and budget to actually make new models and textures.

FwCZ6.png

AC Unity looks good though, and so did Rainbow Six. The Farcry 4 footage looks good enough that I might actually play Farcry 3 (which I own, but haven't played).

Oh yes, and the Witcher 3 and Shadow of Mordor both look cool. I'm installing the Witcher 1 so I can get caught up with the story when Wild Hunt releases. I still have my fingers crossed that Bethesda will anounce TESVI. It's been 3 years since Skyrim, if they don't announce it this year they probably will next year.

Vermillion_Hawk said:
I see.

Splintert said:
They won't announce TES VI for some time yet. They've got to spit out a Fallout skin for TES V.

Wait, did they announce Fallout 4?
No, he was just responding to my thoughts on TESVI.

They have to announced Fallout 4 or TESVI this year, and whichever one comes this year the next will likely be announced next year. At least, that's my prediction.

Edit: Oblivion was announced 2 years after Morrowind released and Skyrim was announced 4 years after Oblivion, though work on both games started as soon as their predecessor released (Bethesda was starting to plan for Skyrim while they were still developing Fallout 4). It is almost certain that TESVI is already in the planning stages even if Bethesda is working on Fallout 4, it's just a matter of when they're going to announce it I guess.

Well let's just hope they take into account the flaws of the engine which Skyrim made glaringly obvious when they do make it.

In other news, I was disappointed that there was no announcement for God of War 4.

GoW 4?

How much do you want them to whore out the series? Ascension was bad enough and the story had a pretty nice conclusion in the third installment, it's time to lay it to rest.
How about a new Prince of Persia, there was rumours of an Egyptian spinoff. Now that would be interesting.

As for DA:I I made a thread for it here.

Back
Top Bottom