In Progress e1.8.0 Game crashes when I move around on the map (always the same distance)

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.8.0
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
2022-06-11_19.10.32_70de9c69f771ec2fc5a07eee0520748e
I have exactly the same issue. I load my game, travel a couple of seconds on the map (always same distance) and I crash. I hope this will get resolved, because I'm running quite an endgame save.

2022-07-01_19.39.53_e2405102563391bf9059107a26e31d59

Last edited:
Hey,

there are at least 10 extra mods active in the crash log you have sent. You need to remove them first.

In order to remove the mods, you need to manually delete the mod files, verify the integrity of the game files and start a new campaign. Our team is working on the crash mention above, but yours are probably caused from the mods.
So how long is it gonna take :smile: I want to continue to play this save game again.

Exact same problem but never used mods, this is likely to do with the new black screen to save system. I sat in the Attack Now! overworld map screen for 30 minutes afk before I engaged battle, only to come back into the overworld map to a prolonged saving screen only to have broken the ironman save. 2022-07-02_15.25.03_4558f05a15ba59c72fd300656b3cf761

Continuation... Been really trying to locate the issue because I've replicated it on 5 different playthroughs, usually happens pretty early on in the game. I thought it was realistic battle mod or serve as soldier at first but it would keep happening after disabled those mods. Its a game-breaking crash so I downloaded Better Exception Window mod to show callstacks and this is what it showed.
Source: TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Outer exception callstack: at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.GameComponents.DefaultArmyManagementCalculationModel.CalculatePartyInfluenceCost(MobileParty armyLeaderParty, MobileParty party)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.GameComponents.DefaultArmyManagementCalculationModel.GetMobilePartiesToCallToArmy(MobileParty leaderParty)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CampaignBehaviors.AiBehaviors.AiMilitaryBehavior.AiHourlyTick(MobileParty mobileParty, PartyThinkParams p)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.MbEvent`2.InvokeList(EventHandlerRec`2 list, T1 t1, T2 t2)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CampaignEvents.AiHourlyTick(MobileParty party, PartyThinkParams partyThinkParams)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CampaignEventDispatcher.AiHourlyTick(MobileParty party, PartyThinkParams partyThinkParams)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CampaignBehaviors.AiBehaviors.AiPartyThinkBehavior.PartyHourlyAiTick(MobileParty mobileParty)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.MbEvent`1.InvokeList(EventHandlerRec`1 list, T t)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CampaignEvents.TickPartialHourlyAi(MobileParty party)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CampaignEventDispatcher.TickPartialHourlyAi(MobileParty party)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CampaignPeriodicEventManager.PeriodicTicker`1.PeriodicTickSome(Double timeUnitsElapsed)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CampaignPeriodicEventManager.TickPartialHourlyAi()
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.Campaign.Tick()
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.GameState.MapState.OnMapModeTick(Single dt)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.GameState.MapState.OnTick(Single dt)
at TaleWorlds.Core.GameStateManager.OnTick(Single dt)
at TaleWorlds.Core.Game.OnTick(Single dt)
at TaleWorlds.Core.GameManagerBase.OnTick(Single dt)
at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Module.OnApplicationTick_Patch1(Module this, Single dt)

I have almost 900 hours on this game and it was driving me crazy. Hope this helps, if not maybe there's further details I can show.

Hey,
I have exactly the same issue. I load my game, travel a couple of seconds on the map (always same distance) and I crash. I hope this will get resolved, because I'm running quite an endgame save.

2022-07-01_19.39.53_e2405102563391bf9059107a26e31d59
I can see the mods you have disabled, but that does not mean that the campaign is unmodded. Unfortunately, disabling mods is not enough to remove them from your save file, once they are installed it will be permenant for that campaign.
Exact same problem but never used mods, this is likely to do with the new black screen to save system. I sat in the Attack Now! overworld map screen for 30 minutes afk before I engaged battle, only to come back into the overworld map to a prolonged saving screen only to have broken the ironman save. 2022-07-02_15.25.03_4558f05a15ba59c72fd300656b3cf761
The crashes seems to be different but that might be caused by the mods in other campaigns. I have forwarded your issue to the dev team to see if they are related. Thank you for your time.

Hey,

I can see the mods you have disabled, but that does not mean that the campaign is unmodded. Unfortunately, disabling mods is not enough to remove them from your save file, once they are installed it will be permenant for that campaign.
Okay, so what? This is not a mod issue anyway. I just disabled them as a courtesy before sending the crash log because you asked other people to do that as well. This issue was happening even before I installed any mods.

Hey,

The crashes seems to be different but that might be caused by the mods in other campaigns. I have forwarded your issue to the dev team to see if they are related. Thank you for your time.
Thank you I just want to iterate I never used mods ever with the game in general at all.
It is an interesting bug, standing still on the campaign map does plays the game normally however all it takes is engaging game time that slows down to a slide show and in 15 seconds a crash.

Hey,

Hello, is there any news? I would like to start over but I'm hesitant, it will happen again

I am running into a very similar issue, but on a modded save. But it does not seem to relate to any of the few mods I use, so I am guessing I have the same issue.

Completely save breaking and no way I've found of getting around it.

Ive been having the same problem about 50 hours into the game no crashes until now never downloaded a single mod. I take 5 steps on the map and it crashes at the same point game breaking making it unplayable

Hey,

So I opened an early save game, tried everything again and same thing again. Cant you at least fix that save file... It has been over a month now! Or you just recommend to me to delete the game

I was really hoping the recent hotfix did something but more of the same
2022-07-30_02.52.12_4558f05a15ba59c72fd300656b3cf761

2022-08-06_15.24.55_4558f05a15ba59c72fd300656b3cf761

Last edited:
Hey,

Is there any progress on this? A hotfix for example? At least fix of the save game?

there is no progress on this bug as of 1.8.1.1942
game runs fine standing still but begins to stutter in the overworld map if movement/time is engaged

2022-09-30_21.58.41_4558f05a15ba59c72fd300656b3cf761

20221021234949-1.jpg

Nice fix!

Back
Top Bottom