Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.7.2
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary:
As my character's Roguery skill has increased, the Sneak into City chance has rapidly decreased to 0... for a while it seemed fixed at 16% then dropped to 5%, now it's 0. As the chance has decreased, my party has been exclusively companions and family members (party size between 8-11). Dropping party size to 4 by leaving members in a settlement doesn't seem to help.

I'm wondering if this is bugged or just oddly/harshly calibrated?
It makes sense to me that the following would impact success chance:

Roguery Skill
Two-Faced Perk
Party Size (higher alert when an enemy army parks itself at the gates)
Renown/Clan Tier
Size of Garrison + Militia in Target City (more guards = more likely to spot enemy)

I'm anticipating that the Renown/Clan tier weighting pretty much makes it impossible to do disguise missions after Clan Tier 5... If that's intended then it really devalues the Two-Faced perk (and the roguery focus points spent).

I do have 3 other parties in my clan with approx 50 party size each... could they be being factored into the success chance even though they're not with me?

Could you confirm how the success chance is calculated please?

How to Reproduce:
Mercenary
Clan Tier: 5
Renown: 3705
Party Size: 1
Roguery: 110 (with 2 Faced perk for 50% better chance in disguise missions)
Target City: Poros, 278 militia, 149 Garrison
Have you used cheats and if so which: Added Focus Points to family member via console

Hey, as your renown gets higher, it will be harder to sneak into the settlements. This is intented. But the sneaking chance should not be 0%. Can you please share your save file via Ticket so we can further inspect the issue? To send us a ticket, please visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click to "My Account" and then click to "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the save file and as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Hi, I will mark the issue as resolved. If you encounter the same one in the latest version, please let me know. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom