e1.7.2 - Perk, Class and Weapon Changes

Users who are viewing this thread

We have had a lot of discussions about performance rewards while making HINQ MM. Basically, it feels fair to reward performance but in a team-based game if done bluntly like your suggestions only makes your experience worse. I know, that you are one of the best archers so the system benefits you very well but there are tons of players who will try to abuse mechanics and classes to keep up with you. Basic +25 -25 works just fine - the point of ELO is to create the best possible matchups so everyone's WR should be 50% in a perfect scenario. It's just that Koso would have 50% and 5k and Death would have 50% on 2k.
In the last season, we added a performance factor for calibration and I think it worked really well and allowed us to place players close to their actual rankings pretty fast. So something like this might be used during calibration but I'd heavily propose not to use it after calibration.
Every rank system should be beneficial for really good players. I am talking in general not by names nor myself. The game really doesn't have player pool so, your ranking will be for nothing because you will not match up with your same rank opponent. Even though you are Conqueror rank, your teammates or your enemy will be bronze 1. Therefore, I believe If they bring this rank system it will be very good. Although every system has some exploit or abusing innit, you can't really find the best one which doesn't have any abuse or exploit. We shouldn't be the perfectionist about this system even tho I got your point and its reasonable.

Personally I'm a big fan of the morale/Flag system in Skirmish and its a bit sad that capturing or defending Flags are not included in the score system. So it's not worth for the most people to capture any flags, only charging into the enemy without any braincells just for the score. This would also support infantry players for better scores because these are normally defending flags.
The apex legend score system is good but should be not giving you high rewards, only a small addition. The reason for that is your only objection is to make killls/assist in Apex, in Bannerlord it isn't. With different classes ( some have a much higher dmg output that others) this would end In massive spam of these strong classes. Without class limits this will not end well.
Oh and MMR decay should be a thing too so people cannot sit on their high rank after calibration and then stop playing and staying on top.At the moment Players who are doing this are playing with alt accounts so they can play without loosing their precious rank.

Personally I'm a big fan of the morale/Flag system in Skirmish and its a bit sad that capturing or defending Flags are not included in the score system. So it's not worth for the most people to capture any flags, only charging into the enemy without any braincells just for the score. This would also support infantry players for better scores because these are normally defending flags.
The apex legend score system is good but should be not giving you high rewards, only a small addition. The reason for that is your only objection is to make killls/assist in Apex, in Bannerlord it isn't. With different classes ( some have a much higher dmg output that others) this would end In massive spam of these strong classes. Without class limits this will not end well.
Oh and MMR decay should be a thing too so people cannot sit on their high rank after calibration and then stop playing and staying on top.At the moment Players who are doing this are playing with alt accounts so they can play without loosing their precious rank.
About flags. If capturing flags is going to be worth points players will mindlessly take all the flags that come their way. But in this game the capture sequence is very important. Random players don't know about it. They will just take everything sometimes even to the detriment. Plus imagine the situation when you're fighting but 1 genius decided not to fight not to help you but capture some flags. I mean giving some points for capturing is a bad idea.

Back
Top Bottom