e1.7.2 - Perk, Class and Weapon Changes

Users who are viewing this thread

But, perhaps most importantly, the patch damages friendship in this game.
If you want to enjoy predictable and creative tactical interactions in a game with your friends (and only this can fully unlock the potential of the MP), then you have to wait for the match literally endless.
The random matchmaking we're forced to get now basically gives us a very simplistic set of in-game interaction options, if it comes down to it at all). And the rating system even more than before encourages players to use the infantry rush to the detriment of the beauty (and strength) of tactical interaction between different branches of the military. Therefore, in most cases, we get inconsistent inf rush or inept use of other classes. This has a very negative effect on the perception of the game, especially for those who have known it for a long time.

Although, of course, this negative is nothing compared to the impact on the quality of the game of "the leash".

but you understand that this reduces the functionality of this class literally to an unplayable state and puts it in a queue somewhere behind skirmishers.
That's better than cavalry spam if you ask me.

Thank you all for your feedback. I've noted down the critical points expressed here and in other threads and will relay them onwards.

So far, the update gives a lot of room for optimism, though I feel like there's still quite a bit to improve on.

I wanna think that it's still very much possible to convince TaleWorlds to buff the Recruit to a state where he's at least playable, since e1.7.2 seems to have to have actually helped make the rest of the game playable. Yes, I get it. He's supposed to be weak due to the singleplayer lore of the game suggesting that the Imperial Army is so big that they have more conscripts than they do the resources to adequately train and equip them. However, since multiplayer is mostly balanced around 6v6 skirmishes with limited respawns, it's unrealistic to think that a group of naked men can dogpile a single target given Skirmish mode's level design and the 6v6 nature of it, especially when the native weapons of other peasants can deal with a 110-140 cost unit with some amount of effort. I think it's very much possible to buff the Imperial peasant in a way where the class won't just drag everyone down with him, while also remaining lore-friendly to the singleplayer.

Speaking of peasants, I still don't get why TaleWorlds continues to insist on having "le maymay perk l0l d!s g@3m iz t3h r0xx0rz", since the Farmer perk on Peasant Levy is never any useful.

• All servers where burned and destroyed
  • South Americans where expelled, banned and sacrificed to the demon god CaptainLust
  • NIN3 was murdered after an attempt to escape the Taleworlds facility
  • Ranked mode introduced - instead of waiting half a year to play a game in NA, you will be teletransported to the backrooms where you'll wait until eternity ends to get a match and you'll be spiked in your armpits by gnomes so you don't fall asleep while waiting
  • Custom servers owners were doxxed and got sent poop to their mail once the MP devs found out the players where having geniune fun.

Yeah yeah, I should probably give up on the idea of Recruit ever being a worthwhile pick for late joiners but this post is more about TDM/Siege anyways so...

I actually wonder if it'd be worth it for the Recruit to cost 95 gold in Siege/TDM/Battle, while still still costing 100 in Skirmish? I know this is an arbitrary number, but what this would do is that after 4 deaths without getting a kill, you'd at least be able to gain an Archer Militia spawn (6 deaths for Menavlion infantry).

Since 90 cost units would gain 7 gold for killing a 100 cost unit, I think this would make 100 cost units be worth 4 gold per kill if the Recruit costed 95 instead of 100.

2-4 points for winning is a joke comparing to 6-11 for losing. Also, balance issues are still present and it only harms the experience.

I suggest kinda Apex Legend ranking system. Even If you lose If you played very good as score/kill/assist you should get +MMR. In this system there is no need to play good or bad, if you win +2 if you lose -8 or even higher. You should give reward to players.
For an example: (Numbers hypothetical)
Normally you should get only for winning +10
5 kill adds +2 and even more +1 by each 5 kills
5 assist adds +2 and even more +1 by each 5 assist
If you make +2000 score you should get +10, and even more +5 for each 500 score after 2k score

@Dejan @badbuckle @Callum

I suggest kinda Apex Legend ranking system. Even If you lose If you played very good as score/kill/assist you should get +MMR. In this system there is no need to play good or bad, if you win +2 if you lose -8 or even higher. You should give reward to players.
If you make +2000 score you should get +10, and even more +5 for each 500 score after 2k score

I second that

Sounds good

In this case, the cavalry will always increase its rating. Plus from a game where it is important to play together as a team it will become a kill race.

In this case, the cavalry will always increase its rating. Plus from a game where it is important to play together as a team it will become a kill race.
You mean that any good player will increase their rating and every bad player will lose their rank? Yes, I actually agree with you and that's how it should be!!!

We have had a lot of discussions about performance rewards while making HINQ MM. Basically, it feels fair to reward performance but in a team-based game if done bluntly like your suggestions only makes your experience worse. I know, that you are one of the best archers so the system benefits you very well but there are tons of players who will try to abuse mechanics and classes to keep up with you. Basic +25 -25 works just fine - the point of ELO is to create the best possible matchups so everyone's WR should be 50% in a perfect scenario. It's just that Koso would have 50% and 5k and Death would have 50% on 2k.
In the last season, we added a performance factor for calibration and I think it worked really well and allowed us to place players close to their actual rankings pretty fast. So something like this might be used during calibration but I'd heavily propose not to use it after calibration.

Back
Top Bottom