e1.7.2 - Perk, Class and Weapon Changes

Users who are viewing this thread

Was one of the previous developers really so incompetent that all the results of their work on creating a balance of weapons / classes had to be thrown into the toilet? ?

Release day is good, dont think we'd see hotfixes anyway.
The forced ranked mode is not. Honestly anyone not already experienced in multiplayer is gonna have a horrific time, and it doesnt seem like theres any actual matchmaking taking place, as every single game is 3-0 or 0-3.

Release day is good, dont think we'd see hotfixes anyway.
The forced ranked mode is not. Honestly anyone not already experienced in multiplayer is gonna have a horrific time, and it doesnt seem like theres any actual matchmaking taking place, as every single game is 3-0 or 0-3.
I think you need to give it time so that everyone gets their rank. Although I'm not sure if matches will be more balanced in the future due to player count and people who abuses family sharing.

I think you need to give it time so that everyone gets their rank. Although I'm not sure if matches will be more balanced in the future due to player count and people who abuses family sharing.
Thats fair, if people manage to play for that long. Alot of new players in Skirmish right now, but getting through 10 matches like this is gonna be rough for them.

I like all the new feature of this update, it is really nice that you tested it and released it:
-stuttering
- random artefacts
- server crash where map doesn't load
- server crash where you can't do anything, not even close the game. It is nice that you have stop button on Steam, becuse when you alt + f4, game is still running somewhere in background.

Good job!

Last edited:
Getting leavers in warmup needs to be fixed. Too often you are forced to wait in warmup for 5 minutes, and I have yet to see a single leaver return. This also leads to people being AFK as they alt-tab to look at things other than timers.

The points (elo?) in each rank is too small, making 2-3 games enough to climb or lose ranks, which isn't enough variance reduction. For example, someone I've been running into is quite awful, but are the Sergeant rank because they went 10-3. (Checked their account again and they're Gold 3 with 11-5. So maybe it's adequate idk.)

it doesnt seem like theres any actual matchmaking taking place, as every single game is 3-0 or 0-3.

Still getting brand new players in most lobbies. Maybe it balances the teams so that there's equal unplaced players on both sides, but I had hoped ranked would at least make it less likely to see new players.

Maybe it's sorting itself out still but I hope games just don't take the first 12 to queue, and instead has a window that tries to make higher quality lobbies.

Indeed. The queue system is so sexy right now it makes me want to pick the ball-licking tongue that fell from your big mouth.

So long adjustable balance for Aserai thrown into the trash... Aserai unplayable almost now.
I still think that they should just remove the Tabar entirely, and have it be replaced with a blunt bastard polearm, considering that Aserai to my knowledge has been mediocre against heavily armored armies.

How do these idiots complaining that it isn't only solo/duo not realize the player base simply isn't large enough to separate them... This isn't league of legends!
There is more than enough people for solo queue to be a thing. If there isn't enough people who like to clanstack and win because of that well too bad so sad in my opinion.

First impressions of e1.7.2 (barring the video stutters) are actually pretty solid. I dunno how people will feel about the current state of piercing weapons, but from my personal experience, throwing weapons remain mostly unchanged, though crossbows definitely feel a lot weaker than I remember. That's probably a good thing, though I wonder if they should be doing low 60s instead of high 40s on heavy units like a Varyag. Either way, it's definitely a step in the right direction, but maybe a bit TOO big of a step.

I think my favourite changes so far are the Volgier's shield and spear perk, rabble's snowballs becoming a thing again, and the new weapons for the Sturgian Brigand. In fact, I've been growing quite fond of the sword upgrade.

My only experience with archers with e1.7.2 so far have only been Battanian Ranger, Fiann, and Sharpshooter. I guess i'll probably have to wait an extra 2 or three weeks to see if people will go back to spamming archers, cuz it seems we're really just in the phase of getting a feel of all the class changes.

But, perhaps most importantly, the patch damages friendship in this game.
If you want to enjoy predictable and creative tactical interactions in a game with your friends (and only this can fully unlock the potential of the MP), then you have to wait for the match literally endless.
The random matchmaking we're forced to get now basically gives us a very simplistic set of in-game interaction options, if it comes down to it at all). And the rating system even more than before encourages players to use the infantry rush to the detriment of the beauty (and strength) of tactical interaction between different branches of the military. Therefore, in most cases, we get inconsistent inf rush or inept use of other classes. This has a very negative effect on the perception of the game, especially for those who have known it for a long time.

Although, of course, this negative is nothing compared to the impact on the quality of the game of "the leash".
but u still can play cav to support ur inf when enemy have too many archer
but you understand that this reduces the functionality of this class literally to an unplayable state and puts it in a queue somewhere behind skirmishers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom