Version number
e1.6.2
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Goodfontana

Recruit
Summary: Assigning roles (Quartermaster/Engineer/etc) in the "Parties" tab doesn't work
How to Reproduce: 1) Go to "Clan" 2) Go to "Parties" 3) Assign any role to you or a companion 4) Click "Done" 5) Enter again and see it stays in "None"
Have you used cheats and if so which: No
Scene Name (if related): N/A
Media (Screenshots & Video): N/A
Computer Specs: Not relevant

Can confirm that I can assign roles to my companions by talking to them in party screen, but still can't give any roles to myself.

I have the same issue as the fellow stated. Could it be possible due to mods? I am currently using Calradia Expanded and Better Time, just together with the ButterLib, Harmony, MBOptionScreen and UIExtender, which all are outdated thanks to the 18th August update.

It is pretty okay to assinging roles to the companions by chatting with them but it is also extremely annoying to not be able to assing a role for myself.

Unlikely! I run the newest beta streams on Vanilla for max stability. And yeah, i'd like to give myself Quartermaster - not sure if it's effects apply if I don't assign it.

Can confirm that I can assign roles to my companions by talking to them in party screen, but still can't give any roles to myself.
I don't know why they even allow you to assign yourself a role. Any role that is not assigned to another companion is defaulted to you. If you have no Scout role assigned to anybody, you are the scout. If you have assigned no roles to anybody, you assume all four roles.

Still a bug.
Yup. Two updates since this was first reported... and still a bug. This one is actually killing the game for me. I like to send my companions on quests. It's usually very simple once they return from a quest to reassign them the role they had before their quest started. But now it requires me to go well out of my way sometimes, visit the tavern, and assign them in dialogue. I rank this bug in my top 3 of the most irritating bugs ever in Bannerlord.

I have the same issue as the fellow stated. Could it be possible due to mods? I am currently using Calradia Expanded and Better Time, just together with the ButterLib, Harmony, MBOptionScreen and UIExtender, which all are outdated thanks to the 18th August update.

It is pretty okay to assinging roles to the companions by chatting with them but it is also extremely annoying to not be able to assing a role for myself.
I use no mods and it's affecting me. So, I don't think your mods have anything to do with it. Also, you don't need to assign roles to yourself. Any role not assigned automatically defaults to you. So, if you don't assign anybody to any roles, you assume all four roles by default. When the game starts, you are the quartermaster, the scout, the surgeon, and the engineer for your party. You cease playing those roles if you assign them to another companion. Basically, the roles belong to you, and you are just letting another companion "borrow" the role. Unassign them and the role defaults back to you.

Yup. Two updates since this was first reported... and still a bug. This one is actually killing the game for me. I like to send my companions on quests. It's usually very simple once they return from a quest to reassign them the role they had before their quest started. But now it requires me to go well out of my way sometimes, visit the tavern, and assign them in dialogue. I rank this bug in my top 3 of the most irritating bugs ever in Bannerlord.
You should be able to just talk to them in partychat if you are in the wild.
Just click on their name - a smallmenu will slide out and on it there is a box.
Talk to them - assign new role.

Why ppl assign a role to themselves is beyond me, afaik you dont need to do that, all the roles are by default done by you.
Thus you get quartermaster, scout/surgeon/Engineer etc if you havent assigned it to others.
Some of them more fickle to gain up(example Steward is the one that we the players have to have atleast 4 food sorts to get any experience from, but the more food variety the better so 1 of each is best)

I've never had the need to assign a role for me and I've been playing 1000's of hours and all those skills do skill up nice.

You should be able to just talk to them in partychat if you are in the wild.
Just click on their name - a smallmenu will slide out and on it there is a box.
Talk to them - assign new role.

Why ppl assign a role to themselves is beyond me, afaik you dont need to do that, all the roles are by default done by you.
Thus you get quartermaster, scout/surgeon/Engineer etc if you havent assigned it to others.
Some of them more fickle to gain up(example Steward is the one that we the players have to have atleast 4 food sorts to get any experience from, but the more food variety the better so 1 of each is best)

I've never had the need to assign a role for me and I've been playing 1000's of hours and all those skills do skill up nice.
Dude....... respect. I also have 1000s of hours playing this game and never ever paid attention to that dialogue option. Never used it. But you have opened my eyes. I still prefer doing this in clan screen, but with this dialogue option you revealed to me, this isn't nearly as much a pain in the butt as I thought it was. Thank you. Amazing I can play this game as long as I have and still learn new stuff. But not just any new stuff. Simple stuff I should've known. I will wear my dunce hat with pride.

Dude....... respect. I also have 1000s of hours playing this game and never ever paid attention to that dialogue option. Never used it. But you have opened my eyes. I still prefer doing this in clan screen, but with this dialogue option you revealed to me, this isn't nearly as much a pain in the butt as I thought it was. Thank you. Amazing I can play this game as long as I have and still learn new stuff. But not just any new stuff. Simple stuff I should've known. I will wear my dunce hat with pride.
No worries, and I dont know why but this isnt the first time I'm made ppl aware of this.

Totally agree that its much more easy/convenient to do in the clan menu(so ideally they fix it sooner than later).
Specially if you are assigning multiple roles or shifting them about.

And no need for the dunce hat imo, hard to learn all the mechanics imo since there isnt directly a "manual" to be found(there is several guids on youtube that is great already).

Back
Top Bottom