e1.6.2
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

snuggans

Veteran
sCb7wNb.jpg

Summary: shader error popped up and minimized the game but did not crash it. it allowed me to continue after hitting cancel
How to Reproduce: was sieging Oristocorys Castle, was running up to the castle at the beginning of the battle and aiming at the enemy on the walls when the error popped up. about 15 minutes earlier in another battle i had changed the shader quality from high to medium.
Have you used cheats and if so which: no
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: geforce GTX 970
GPU Driver Version: 471.71
CPU: intel i5-9600k
RAM: 16 GB DDR4 3200
Motherboard: asus tuf z390-plus gaming wifi
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): samsung 970 evo 500gb

Last edited:
same, shield breaks and get this error

$BASE/Shaders/Sources/particle_shading.rs
---------------------------
Error compiling shader file:
"$BASE/Shaders/Sources/particle_shading.rs" (VERTEX_SHADER) with input layout: 1
particle_shading.rsh(269,2-50): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type
particle_shading.rsh(269,2-50): error X3017: cannot implicitly convert from 'const float3' to 'float4'

If it bothers you guys enough, you can fix it yourself, edit the particle_shading.rsh file found at
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Shaders\Sources

and change line 269 to:

pv_modifiable.vertex_color.rgb *= colormap * colormap;

So far, I haven't gotten the error again, but haven't had time to play too much yet or had many sieges.

If it bothers you guys enough, you can fix it yourself, edit the particle_shading.rsh file found at
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Shaders\Sources

and change line 269 to:

pv_modifiable.vertex_color.rgb *= colormap * colormap;

So far, I haven't gotten the error again, but haven't had time to play too much yet or had many sieges.
@bluelunar @snuggans @MArdA TaleWorlds

This suggested fix resolved the shader error. Easy to apply, just use a text editor to open, edit, and save the file.

Back
Top Bottom