e1.6.0-v1.2.7 Modding Changes

Users who are viewing this thread

banner_icons.xml is now moddable. Modders can include their own banner_icons.xml in their modules under "{MODULE_NAME}/ModuleData/banner_icons.xml". Sigils, backgrounds and colours defined in these XMLs will extend the native banner icons.
What does this mean exactly? Can we add our own images as assets (sigils) and add them through the xml to be available in the campaign sigil roster or something else? This sounds very promising, but depending on the answer i will most likely have additional questions before deciding to download the beta :smile:

Can we add our own images as assets (sigils) and add them through the xml to be available in the campaign sigil roster...
Yes, that's what that means. Additional banner_icons.xml files in additional modules will extend the native one so you can add new sigils, backgrounds and colors. Sigils need to conform to the pattern though.

- Source image needs to be 4x4. Meaning it'll be spliced into equal parts and first index(0) will be left top, last index(15) will be bottom right. Our source images are 2048x2048 so each sigil is 512x512.
- If the rest of the spots are empty, they need to be left empty, since UVs will be spliced to the relation of the source image dimensions.
- We might change this, or not. Since changing this would require us and modders to define how many sigils are in a source image and in dimensions for each of them.
- Icons need to be in full value in Green in their "fill" and Red in their "outline". I'll post one of the sigils as an example. (we almost always don't use the "outline" and give the same color as fill)
h5TYTyO.png

- But hey, they can be .psds, so they're easy to create.

- PS you still need to add new sprites to gauntlet to see them in the banner editor selection UI(they will show up as empty cards on the right side but when you click on them they'll show up correctly on the banner on the left side)

Last edited:

1.6.4 Changes​

Greetings,

Here's an overview of all the modding-related changes that came with v164.
  • Font atlas generator is now available to modders. Modders can generate new font files with custom TTF files and use these fonts in-game. We've also created documentation on how to use this tool: http://docs.modding.bannerlord.com/asset-management/how_to_add_custom_fonts/
  • StoryModeEvents.RemoveListeners do not need to be explicitly called anymore. Now, StoryModeEvents is added as a CampaignEventReceiver.
We have also implemented a fix that should take care of the long modding-module loading times in response to the request from @KingKilo. Please let us know if this change helped with your issue.

We continue to work on the following issues:
Thank you for all your feedback. If you have any questions or would like to make further requests, please discuss them below (or HERE).

Suggestion: If possible, could we please have the ability to load strings xml files directly via the SubModules.xml, and the ability to override native strings without editing the native files?

It would be nice to be able to create new "races" with the skins.xml.

The way I see it is that we would just have to add a "skins.xml" file into our ModuleData.
Into it, we would just have to add something like that:

<skin name="orc" >
... "All the stuff we want to change/add: skin color , voice lines, hairs, ect" ...
</skin>

For exemple it would allow me to add Uruks voices to my mod without breaking the game (Link to the mod)

It would be nice to be able to create new "races" with the skins.xml.

The way I see it is that we would just have to add a "skins.xml" file into our ModuleData.
Into it, we would just have to add something like that:

<skin name="orc" >
... "All the stuff we want to change/add: skin color , voice lines, hairs, ect" ...
</skin>

For exemple it would allow me to add Uruks voices to my mod without breaking the game (Link to the mod)
We already have an open task / are already working on a system that will allow you to implement multiple races to the game.

1.6.4 Changes​

Greetings,

Here's an overview of all the modding-related changes that came with v164.
  • Font atlas generator is now available to modders. Modders can generate new font files with custom TTF files and use these fonts in-game. We've also created documentation on how to use this tool: http://docs.modding.bannerlord.com/asset-management/how_to_add_custom_fonts/
  • StoryModeEvents.RemoveListeners do not need to be explicitly called anymore. Now, StoryModeEvents is added as a CampaignEventReceiver.
We have also implemented a fix that should take care of the long modding-module loading times in response to the request from @KingKilo. Please let us know if this change helped with your issue.

Thank you for all your feedback. If you have any questions or would like to make further requests, please discuss them below (or HERE).

Sorry to report, but the initial loading times (because of .sacx file and shader_mapping.bin generation) are only slightly improved. :sad: Sad, I was so hopeful. My loading time was 70-90 with all of our custom assets was minutes before, it is now 50-60 minutes. Just for comparison.

Last edited:
Sorry to report, but the initial loading times (because of .sacx file and shader_mapping.bin generation) are only slightly improved. :sad: Sad, I was so hopeful. My loading time was 70-90 with all of our custom assets was minutes before, it is now 50-60 minutes. Just for comparison.
Alright, we would need your telemetry data to investigate the issue. The telemetry branch for Beta e1.6.4 isn't ready yet, it should be ready early next week. Once that is ready I will let you know and you can follow the procedure here: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/beta-branch-with-telemetry-tools.423365/

Did you guys change the way troop upgrades worked? Last I recalled, a troop's current tier is what effects the xp and gold costs of upgrades. Now, it seems as though the tier of the upgrade affects xp and gold cost.

Is there any way of changing it back to the older version? I was hoping to exploit that for an upcoming troop mod of mine, and if it means making a mod just for it, then so be it.

Did you guys change the way troop upgrades worked? Last I recalled, a troop's current tier is what effects the xp and gold costs of upgrades. Now, it seems as though the tier of the upgrade affects xp and gold cost.

Is there any way of changing it back to the older version? I was hoping to exploit that for an upcoming troop mod of mine, and if it means making a mod just for it, then so be it.
Yes we changed it. To explain it on an example: You have a tier 1 troop with 2 different upgrade targets. It can be upgraded to a tier 4 troop or it can be upgraded to a tier 5 troop. Before they both needed the same amount of gold and XP because it got upgraded from a tier 1 troop. Now it calculates the costs based on the difference between tiers. (tier 4 cost - tier 1 cost) = gold and XP cost for upgrading to tier 4, (tier 5 cost - tier 1 cost) = gold and XP cost for upgrading to tier 5.

If you want to do a custom cost calculation you can override the PartyTroopUpgradeModel. You should look for GetXpCostForUpgrade and GetGoldCostForUpgrade functions.

Yes we changed it. To explain it on an example: You have a tier 1 troop with 2 different upgrade targets. It can be upgraded to a tier 4 troop or it can be upgraded to a tier 5 troop. Before they both needed the same amount of gold and XP because it got upgraded from a tier 1 troop. Now it calculates the costs based on the difference between tiers. (tier 4 cost - tier 1 cost) = gold and XP cost for upgrading to tier 4, (tier 5 cost - tier 1 cost) = gold and XP cost for upgrading to tier 5.

If you want to do a custom cost calculation you can override the PartyTroopUpgradeModel. You should look for GetXpCostForUpgrade and GetGoldCostForUpgrade functions.
Noted, thanks for the info. Just curious, but which version of the game was this change made? I'm thinking of trying to copy the calculation before it and using it, unless that doesn't work.

And if so, which DLL would I find the stuff in?

Last edited:
The telemetry branch is now working for Beta e1.6.4. Please follow this procedure and send over the data so we can investigate it. https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/beta-branch-with-telemetry-tools.423365/

1.6.5 Changes​

Greetings,

Here's an overview of all the modding-related changes that came with v165.
  • Documentation on implementing new flora.
  • The addition of new attributes/dependencies to SubModule.xml & naming convention improvements.
  • Add slope and height filters for the "smoothen" brush.
    • In response to the request from @GourmetBean on the modding discord.
  • Other requests (in earlier stages of development).

Back
Top Bottom