Resolved [e1.6.0 beta] AI lords are able to leave the besieged settlement while being in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.6.0
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Lesbosisles

Knight at Arms
Summary: Happened more than a few times by now - I join the army, we go to besiege some settlements and corner some enemy AI lords on our way. It often happens, that the AI lords hide in the settlement we want to besiege. But, when the siege starts, enemy lords can easily leave the besieged settlement - they leave it and stay outside the walls, waiting for reinforcements. Is that intended? Logically, they wouldn't even get the chance to leave the besiege settelement.
How to Reproduce: Make some AI lords visit the settlement you want to besiege, then besiege it. AI lords usually leave a settlement by that moment.
Have you used cheats and if so which: None
Scene Name (if related): Every besiege settlement on a world map.

Afaik, this is a new feature of 1.60.

I belive, but dont quote me on that, they can only leave before the "siegecamp" is built, but it could be after aswell for all I know(This I've not tested/observed or paid attention to).

Afaik, this is a new feature of 1.60.

I belive, but dont quote me on that, they can only leave before the "siegecamp" is built, but it could be after aswell for all I know(This I've not tested/observed or paid attention to).
You may be correct, I've noticed that they leave before the siege camp is built. Still, can't test if they can do so when the siege camp is ready, because they always leave the city before it happens.

P. S. Kinda arguable feature though, since AI is mostly a coward and lords almost always abandon a besieged settlement, leaving almost no chance to its defenders...

Yeah, I've noticed this for a while. tbh, I'd rather take the town/castle without fighting the AI lords & their armies anyways.

Interesting thing is that the player is not allowed to leave a settlement before a siege camp is built - I've tried doing this for testing purposes, and the only option for me was to break out and lose some of my men. Not very fair, I say.

Back
Top Bottom